Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

I looked up the lyrics to Poprocks and Coke the other day.

All this time when they sing "amongst the lies, you know I'll be there"

I always heard

"The monster lies, you know I'll be there"

And in When I Come Around instead of

"you can't go pushing something when it's just not right"

I used to sing

"you can't go poison something if it's just not right"

I always wondered when is it right to poison something? :huh:

Edited by emirisan

i remembered one... at who wrote holden caulfield, where it say's : "I think i just forgot" i thought it was: 'i think i just fucked up'

i know... i know.. this not fit's, but it would be cool if that was the actual lyric..! i mean, imagine that.. :woot:

In H&H, the G-L-O-R-I-As at the end sound like "jello whoree" stretched out

hahahahaha !

I freakin' love threads like this. I also like how the mods come in and rescue new threads now! Makes me happy. :happy:

Up until about a week ago, I thought the lyrics to 21st Century Breakdown went, 'We are the class of, the class of thirteen!' I had completely forgotten it was really, 'We are the cries of the class of thirteen', haha. :D

Ah totally cleared that up for me! wow you really realize how much Billie doesnt enunciate! :rolleyes:

I would've never known that "Say Birthday Boys Hey" was the last words from Hitchin' A Ride. :blink:

Thank you Green Day Rockband! :happy:

• Like 1

"I'll give you something to cry about" in St Jimmy sounds just like "I'll give you something to talk about" to me :blink:

I know I've misheard a lot of lyrics, but not many are coming to mind right now. Buuuut these are the ones I can think of at the moment:

Gonna be sized dreams of home opposed to the actual lyric Economy sized dreams of hope. I never understood what it meant because that just... obviously makes no sense at all :pinch:

Up on the boulevard like a sitcom on parade :lol: I actually still sing "sitcom" even though I know it's "zip gun". I think it's just set in my head as sitcom for some reason.

In Blood, Sex and Booze, I always hear him singing "boots" and not "booze". I have no idea why, but it sounds so much like "boots" to me =/

I would've never known that "Say Birthday Boys Hey" was the last words from Hitchin' A Ride. :blink:

NO! :pinch: omg thats not the right lyrics. its "say one way one way"

yknow maybe the video isnt giving you a clear perseption of it being this. but it is :lol:

here

In Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl) when he sings "You're walking with blisters

And running with shears" I've always heard something like "you're watching with lizards and running machines". :wacko:

In Hitchin' a Ride I always heard 'troubled times, you know I can unwind' instead of 'you know I cannot lie'

And in Christian's Inferno I used to sing 'I am the other bomb' instead of 'I am the atom bomb' :mellow:

In When I Come Around, I heard, 'you may find out your self-doubt means nothing is everything,' instead of 'you may find out that your self-doubt means nothing was ever there.' And in Longview, instead of 'it's just a myth,' I heard 'it's just like me.' :wacko:

Also, I've watched Bullet In A Bible so much, when I listen to the songs that are on it, I expect a random 'ENGLAAAND!' or 'GO!' or the audience singing.

In Waiting, He Says 'Better Thank Your Lucky Stars' Well, I Thought He Always Said 'I've Had It With Your Monkey Shines' :blink:

LOL that just made my day. :lol:

Edited by TheSaltOfTheEarth

I've been coming here a lot. I always make a response then five minutes later remember something else I mishear. :P

Anyway, in When I Come Around I heard 'your self doubt means nothing ruins everything' instead of 'means nothing was ever there'

And in Longview I heard 'Some say quit or I'll go blind but it's just not me' instead of 'just a myth'.

Oh, and in Viva La Gloria (LIttle Girl) I heard 'you're walking with blisters and running with feet. I always used to think 'what else do you run with?' :wacko:

Why the hell are the lyrics to American Idiot so hard?

Is it "Don't want a nation under the new mania/media"

Is it "All across the alien nation /alienation"

First I thought it was "media", then I looked it in my AI booklet and it said "mania" so I changed it, and now again in Rock Band it's "media"?

In my AI booklet (or whatever the small "book" with the lyrics inside the cd-case is called) it says "mania" and "alienation", but I've heard that in some other booklets they aren't the same and in Rock Band it's different as well.

I listened to the acapella version and I find that it's impossible to decipher if it is "mania" or "media", but at least it's alienation in the first and third choruses, but the 2nd sounds like it could also be alien nation.

Why does Green Day and Billie do these things to us :).

I missed this before, yes it is :P

It was my surprise grad cake (my family knows me well hah).

i love your family.

:pinch:

that looks amazing.

Also, I've watched Bullet In A Bible so much, when I listen to the songs that are on it, I expect a random 'ENGLAAAND!' or 'GO!' or the audience singing.

I'm the exact same espically when i listen to AI I always sing "ENGLAAAND" even without realising it :blink:

Wow, I always wondered what Billie Joe sang there! :rolleyes: I was convinced he must have been muttering to himself! :lol:

do you guys know what Billie is saying at Waiting after "Better thank your lucky stars" i still haven't figure this out.

do you guys know what Billie is saying at Waiting after "Better thank your lucky stars" i still haven't figure this out.

I think it's just 'shey hey hey,' not actual words.

I don't know for sure though. Billie's enunciating (or lack thereof) never ceases to amaze me :P

Edited by TheSaltOfTheEarth

In H&H, the G-L-O-R-I-As at the end sound like "jello whoree" stretched out

LOL, thats a pretty good one! :)

Yep ! :lol:

I know everyone's saying he doesn't ennounciate at all, but if you listen to the acapella versions of songs it's sooo easy to hear what he's saying.

I know everyone's saying he doesn't ennounciate at all, but if you listen to the acapella versions of songs it's sooo easy to hear what he's saying.

:lol: That's true.

But Billie did say himself that he doesn't enunciate much, in the NPR interview. The interviewer said that the American Idiot cast enunciates much more than Billie, and he said, 'yeah, as a rock and roll singer I get to get away with a lot of things,' or something to that effect. :P

Yeah, I mean obviously he doesn't as much as them. But you never really notice how much the actual music hides of the vocals. That didn't really make sense but yeah :lol:

instead of 'it's just a myth,' I heard 'it's just like me.' :wacko:

HA! same here :lol:

I find Its also the same with AI cast recording...which makes it even more confusing :S