Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

Well when he sings NGFL live he always sings the "When you are the outcast" line every time :lol:

In American Eulogy, I thought for ages that he was saying "walk out on hope from the class of 13" as opposed to "forgotten hope and the class of 13" :whistle:

I've learned a lot from this thread. :lol:

In Minority instead of "She screamed unto me" I thought it was "She screamed under me".

I have a perverted mind sometimes ;)

And in JOS I always thought it was "I'm the son of Angela" not 'I'm the son of rage and love".

I went through the rest of the songs on American Idiot trying to find another reference to a girl called Angela

I heard Longview thinking it said lonely. But then I read the lyrics and they said breaking. I still can't see how breaking fits

And in JOS I always thought it was "I'm the son of Angela" not 'I'm the son of rage and love".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

the first couple of times I listened to the grouch I thought he said ''I was a young boy that had big plants''

I believed it was something about weed until I realized it was ''plans.''

big plants :eyebrow:

:lol:

as for longview, i slowmo the song and heard 'lonely'.

in BOBD, i thought it was

'but it's only me and i walk alone.'

then i knew it was but it's home to me.

I misheard this, but I knew it was not the right thing, just me hearing the wrong words: Deadbeat Holiday, celebrate you're ultra gay

waittttt back to the Nice Guys Finish Last discussion according to GDA its "you're running out of gas"

omg, can't you just check it in lyrics?

or it is all fun about listening to each song 100 times :D

In Jaded, instead of "Somebody keep my balance, I think I'm falling off," I thought it was "Somebody take my pants, I think they're falling off" o_O

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how great would that be, if it was in the song ???? Oh My Jesus Of Suburbia, i'm still laughing....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job Mary..!!!!!!!!!

I misheard this, but I knew it was not the right thing, just me hearing the wrong words: Deadbeat Holiday, celebrate you're ultra gay

:lol:

I heard Longview thinking it said lonely. But then I read the lyrics and they said breaking. I still can't see how breaking fits

Probably the line was going to be breaking when the lyrics booklet was written, but they changed it to lonely when they recorded the song. Bands often make little changes to songs just before they record them.

They definitely made lots of changes to Longview before they finally recorded it - there's a live recording of them performing an early version of it in 1992 where instead of "take me away to paradise", the line was "fucking myself through the night" :lol:

the first couple of times I listened to the grouch I thought he said ''I was a young boy that had big plants''

I believed it was something about weed until I realized it was ''plans.''

I LOVE that! Just LOVE it!!! :lol:

Probably the line was going to be breaking when the lyrics booklet was written, but they changed it to lonely when they recorded the song. Bands often make little changes to songs just before they record them.

They definitely made lots of changes to Longview before they finally recorded it - there's a live recording of them performing an early version of it in 1992 where instead of "take me away to paradise", the line was "fucking myself through the night" :lol:

BAHAHAHA..."Fucking myself through the night." Priceless.

That sounds kinda better than the original. :lol:

Oh, man if they would have kept that...xD

In F.O.D. sinse they didnt have that one line in the booklet I couldnt figure out what was being said so I always sang "In just a fuck I cant explain it cause i think you suck, Im dead get right in to an edible coffee grind." :blink: haha wow idk how i got that out of "Your just a fuck, I cant explain it cause I think you suck. Im taking pride in telling you to fuck off and die."

some lyrics I've misheard

BOBD - but its only me and i walk alone

Real lyrics - but its home to me and i walk alone

Hitchin a ride - I'm off the wagon and I'm genocide

Real lyrics- I'm off the wagon and I'm hitchin a ride

Longview - I lock the door to my own cell and I'm lasacated

Real lyrics- I lock the door to my own cell and I lost the key

Warning -

My wife thought it was:

"this is a public service announcement this is 'on latest'

and

"May impair your ability to operate 'my shittery'

She was like "what's a 'shittery'???

Bahahahahahaha.

Lmao shittery :lol:

Lmao :lol:

BODB - but its only me and i walk alone

Really? I'd never realised that, and it still sounds like "it's only me" when I listen

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY, WHY DIDN'T THEY KEEP IT? XD

I'm gonna sing that from now on :cool:

Really? I'd never realised that, and it still sounds like "it's only me" when I listen

Yeah anytime I listen to it i still hear its only me but I checked out the lyrics online and they say its home to me

I pretty much misheard every word of Walking Contradiction, but now that I know the lyrics the only part i remember mis-singing is "a smart-ass bud, hombre and I" instead of "a smart-ass but I'm playing dumb" and I totally thought it made sense, cause Billie was talking about Tre, the smart-ass, Mike, the hombre, and himself. :pinch:

I've just imagined Billie singing hombre dressed as a mexican :lol:

I do this all the time with pretty much any song. I'm just not good at understanding lyrics I guess.

I used to get really confused on the words to When I Come Around, especially the part that goes like this:

"I'm a loser and a user, so I don't need no accuser, to try and slag me down because I know your right"

I pretty much just made up words for that line.

Longview got me all the time at the end with "Some say quit, or i'll go blind, but it's just a myth"

I thought he said something along the lines of, subsequent or I'm just blind, and didn't think anything of the myth part.

Fashion victim and Blood,Sex, And Booze always mess me up, even now....

There are alot more I mess up on but thats all I could think of right now.

BOBD - but its only me and i walk alone

I always thought it was "But it's only me" as well, I think because the line "Where the city sleeps and I'm the only one and I walk alone" sounds similar....I guess I assumed it must have been the same :lol:

I just asked my little sister if she knew any green day songs and she sang to me

"I'm the son of rage and love, the Jesus of Septobia"

If I hear a song and don't know the lyrics, instead of hearing different words, I just get a lot of gibberish in my head. Especially in the chorus of WTP

In Jos I hear "in the land of make-believe, that tumbled even more"

Then when I first heard When I Come Around instead of "you've been searching for that someone"

I thought it was "Jimmy's searching for that someone" and I thought they'd made the character Jimmy long before AI.

Edited by emirisan

When I heard F.O.D. for the first time, I heard "You're just a slut, you make me angry cause you just can't suck. I can't get high...so until then, fuck off and die."

I was like, "Wow...some girl really made him angry." and when I found out the right lyrics were, "You're just a fuck I can't explain it cause I think you suck I'm taking pride in telling you fuck off and die"

I was like, "What the hell is wrong with my ears?!"-facepalm- :lol: