Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

In American Eulogy I heard - "Red Red is the color of panic"

When it's actually "Red alert"

In Maria, I always heard, "An expert of bubububation". :lol: instead of "An export of revolution". Jeez. Good times.

^ Ahh, I couldn't make out half the lyrics of Maria until I looked them up.

That particular line used to be "an exporator bahbah long shot". Never really thought of the fact that an exporator isn't a word, it was just what I heard .

this "when you are the outcast" lyric really has been the biggest revelation of the day :lol:

Wow, I'm usually a thread killer around here. Glad you guys posted all of your ridiculous shit, it made me laugh hard many many times over the last week or so. It's a good thing everyone here is fairly def for my amusement. :D

For the longest time I would sing "Longview" like "When masturbation's lost it's fun you're fuckin' *mumble mumble*"

For the longest time I would sing "Longview" like "When masturbation's lost it's fun you're fuckin' *mumble mumble*"

That line would be appropriate as is. It's better than breaking anyway. :lol:

LOL.

it took me a minute to remember who you were without your sex pistols avatar. :P

this "when you are the outcast" lyric really has been the biggest revelation of the day :lol:

Ahahaha I know right?

Everyone's fucking freaking now!

LOL.

it took me a minute to remember who you were without your sex pistols avatar. :P

Me too! :ermm: I think I'll go back. I figure I'll give a look for everyone to see the creep behind the keyboard every now and then. :D

Me too! :ermm: I think I'll go back. I figure I'll give a look for everyone to see the creep behind the keyboard every now and then. :D

I thought "hey, someone new in the thread... oh, wait ._." when I saw your ava :lol:

I thought "hey, someone new in the thread... oh, wait ._." when I saw your ava :lol:

Sorry ti disappoint. HA. :unsure:

That line would be appropriate as is. It's better than breaking anyway. :lol:

It's not breaking :P. It says breaking in the booklet but he doesn't say that in the song, he says lonely :sherlock:

It's not breaking :P. It says breaking in the booklet but he doesn't say that in the song, he says lonely :sherlock:

Are you SURE it's lonely?

Sometimes I'm convinced it's "nowhere." :sherlock: :sherlock:

But I'm sure it's either "lonely" or "nowhere." It's definitely NOT "breaking."

and I fill the "blank" with a "LAAAZY!"

Not as weird or funny as some of these, but in American Idiot I usually sing "can you hear the sound of the stereo?" instead of "hysteria".

I don't believe this Nice Guys Finish Last 'When you are the outcast' nonsense for a minute. I need proofz, plox. :ninja:

Oh, and it's most definitely 'lonely' in Longview. I can't believe there's even debate about that one! :pinch:

;She pokes crock6000 in the eye for planting the seed of doubt in everyone else's minds.;

:mellow:

I don't believe this Nice Guys Finish Last 'When you are the outcast' nonsense for a minute. I need proofz, plox. :ninja:

Oh, and it's most definitely 'lonely' in Longview. I can't believe there's even debate about that one! :pinch:

;She pokes crock6000 in the eye for planting the seed of doubt in everyone else's minds.;

:mellow:

I always thought he was saying "When you run out of gas". But now that I think about it, it COULD be "outcast". :huh:

And I don't know why, but the first couple of times I heard She, I thought he was saying "Soap in her eyes and penetrating through her mind." I was a little off. xD

I've just listened to Nice Guys Finish Last three times, and am fairly sure that the gas/outcast lyrics go as such:

gas

outcast

outcast

gas

gas

gas

Then again, they are too damn similar :wacko:

As for the lonely/breaking debate, I was reading through my Dookie liners the other day and had a huge WTF moment at the "breaking" bit. Had to relisten to make sure I wasn't insane. I really hate liner notes sometimes...

:(

I've always sang:

Ohhh

Nice guys finish last

When you run out of gas

Don't pat yourself on the back

You might break your spine

Aww...me too.

Damn, I gotta listen to that song again.

It's lonely? I thought it was moving. :lol:

When I play GDRB, and do the vocals, it says the "run out of gas" line then later on says the thing about "outcast". Then again, I'm not entirely sure. =/ But, I'm pretty sure what deadbeatbrat just said is right.

I used to think that in waiting, the line"Dumbstruck, color me stupid" was "Dump truck, color me stupid".

lol kind-of similar.

I always thought he said "losing"... :P

Instead of "an export of the revolution" in Maria, I thought it was "a something something of a one night shag" :blink: I think it's about time I studied Green Day lyrics HARD because I think I'm singing the wrong lyrics to alllll the songs hahaa.

i always just heard it as a random sound like "an expororarorationn" or something XD