Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

In "Having a Blast" I hear "I’m chicken all you down with me. Explosive ducks taped to my spine..."

• Like 1

In "Having a Blast" I hear "I’m chicken all you down with me. Explosive ducks taped to my spine..."

WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH GREEN DAY AND FARMS?! Chickens, Ducks, Raw Ham D: xD

I CAN SEE THE RAW HAM!

I'm pretty sure that is the correct line :mellow: Or I could be totally wrong, which wouldn't surprise me, haha.

oops oops maybe it is deoijojews

Nah, it's "So don't get so uptight you be thinking about ditching me"

Well it says "you" in the booklet anyway, but I'm pretty sure it's "you'll" really.

Oh, I got another one:

When I first heard Good Riddance for the first time, I swear...

I heard "It's something unpredictable, the Indian was right." instead of "It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right." :lol:

My ears just heard what they wanted to hear, I guess. :P

Ah, there's the good ol' Indian again. Had me floored the first time I read it :lol:

Hmm, I came into this thread with the intentions of posting another list of lyrics I misheard...it seems I have forgotten them all. :sherlock:

In minority:

"You are your own sight" -> "You and your insides"

Oh, and the next ones aren't my own but I thought they were good. They sound far-fetched but actually sound right! Not sure if they've been posted:

American idiot: "Don't wanna be an unmarried chlamydia. Don't want an asian that DUH the new media."

Here we go with the god damn chickens again. Haha. A lot of hidden chickens going around.

Hmm, I came into this thread with the intentions of posting another list of lyrics I misheard...it seems I have forgotten them all. :sherlock:

Oh, come on, rack that brain. :)

I always thought that in Nice guys he said "when you run outa gas" thru all the chorus's but apparently he says "when you are the outcast" in a few....

"I heard you crying loud, all the way in the sound" WICA. Makes a lot of sense that does.

Everytime that is exaclty what I hear and I cant help it but I keep singing it that way

I always thought that in Nice guys he said "when you run outa gas" thru all the chorus's but apparently he says "when you are the outcast" in a few....

That what I thought it was but I looked up the lyrics and your right

Oh, come on, rack that brain. :)

You'd think I could with an 18 year spanning discography of misheard lyrics, but I honestly can't come up with anything :lol: Or nothing that hasn't been mentioned yet, anyway.

Ah, well, I just thought of a couple (for the record, I went to GDA and started browsing lyrics of random songs till I thought of some).

In Walking Contradiction, "Do as I say not as I do because I shit so deep you can't run away". =/

When I just got into Green Day and didn't really have any perception of the chronology of the albums because I just put everything I had (three albums :lol:) on shuffle, in Platypus in the chorus I kept hearing "The Saint Jimmy" instead of "I hate you" and I was all "oh how fun they mentioned the dude from the song here too" :happy:

Suffocate: Don't break flies and empathize. Even though by now I know the lyrics, it still sounds like that.

and in Letterbomb there was something with the line 'where will all the martyrs go when the virus cures itself', but I'm drawing a blank at whatit was.

plus a whole bunch of not funny ones.

I missed my chicken smug. :happy:

Everytime that is exaclty what I hear and I cant help it but I keep singing it that way

That what I thought it was but I looked up the lyrics and your right

Yeah you cant really tell the difference during the song, even when you know the real words so its totally fine lol

^ F.O.D.? xD I hear "where's my chicken spot" there xD

FOD indeed xD

the lyrics just lie and he's saying chicken. It must be.

I thought Holiday went, "And plead, the company lost the war to Dan."

I was like, "Who's Dan?"

FOD indeed xD

yeah, that must be. Disloged(sp)? That's probably not even a real word (i know it is, but shh)

I was like, "Who's Dan?"

LMFAO. Poor Green Day didn't win the war to Dan :( xD

I was like, "Who's Dan?"

im dan LOL :D

yeah, that must be. Disloged(sp)? That's probably not even a real word (i know it is, but shh)

Yeah, exactly.

although the lyric is dislogic and not dislodged :ninja: 'stuck down in a rut / of dislogic and smut'. Dislogic either, really isn't a real word :lol: or not one that's in my dictionary, an online dictionary or chrome spellcheck, anyway.

You:lol: Or nothing that hasn't been mentioned yet, anyway.

Ah, well, I just thought of a couple (for the record, I went to GDA and started browsing lyrics of random songs till I thought of some).

In Walking Contradiction, "Do as I say not as I do because I shit so deep you can't run away". =/

\

Suffocate: Don't break flies and empathize. Even though by now I know the lyrics, it still sounds like that.

(To bolded red), and English is your second language? Jeez, you Dutch are smart.

(To bolded blue). LMFAO. Hahaha.

(To Bolded white). HAHHAHAHA. Please post the rest of them and let us judge if they are funny. ;) Good stuff.

Hey, I bolded Red, White & Blue. Happy 4th. :D

im dan LOL :D

HAHAHA

FOD indeed xD

There are no god damn chickens anywhere. HAHAHA. WTF. I don't think he says chicken once in any song, EVER. So funny.

had to post this:

chickensducks2.jpg

:lol:

:runaround:

(To bolded red), and English is your second language? Jeez, you Dutch are smart.

(To bolded blue). LMFAO. Hahaha.

(To Bolded white). HAHHAHAHA. Please post the rest of them and let us judge if they are funny. ;) Good stuff.

Hey, I bolded Red, White & Blue. Happy 4th. :D

to red: Lol what? No it isn't? :lol:

to white (I'm guessing you meant the not funny ones?): well um.

In Minority: "A face in the crowd, one song against them all". Which makes perfect sense, actually.

Warning: " 'Cause the cop won't mind the one that's really dangerous"

Welcome to Paradise: "This sudden feeling's left me trembling'. That pops up a lot in my misheard lyrics, confusing feel/feelings with fear/fears.

Homecoming: "I got a kid in New York / I got a kid in a band"

That's all I can think of for now...most songs I either can't remember what I used to hear, or it's just gibberish with the occasional (wrong) word in between.

Like I said, not funny.

Haha, happy 4th to you too.

although I relate red, white and blue to a different flag. :D

There are no god damn chickens anywhere. HAHAHA. WTF. I don't think he says chicken once in any song, EVER. So funny.

Well, there used to be this rumour that there was a chicken cackle in Warning.

I think only one or two GDCers heard it too, they pointed out the exact seconds they heard it, and no one else heard it. :lol:

not really about Billie saying 'chicken' but w/e.

t

although I relate red, white and blue to a different flag. :D

dutch_flag_minbuza.jpg?

Or do you fly the Union Jack?

I am confused because I thought English was your second language. I don't know where I got that from. I thought from your profile page or something. I was amazed, like you speak better than most full grown Americans. Ha.

Oh, and you were right, the other ones weren't so funny. :D jk. They made me smile.

I love traveling because I am very interested about learning other cultures, dialects, languages etc. However, I have almost made it to Amsterdam about 30x in my life but usually my European vacations are way to crazy to end up in that place. :D

I am actually going to be going to Amsterdam sometime this year (actually in '11 but less than a year). Can't wait.

instead of "like a sheep runs from the herd" in minority, i always sang along saying "like a sheet runs from the earth" and the "She screamed under me" lyric is always what i thought billi joe said. =\

Netherlands_flag.gif?

Or do you fly the Union Jack?

I am confused because I thought English was your second language. I don't know where I got that from. I thought from your profile page or something. I was amazed, like you speak better than most full grown Americans. Ha.

Oh, and you were right, the other ones weren't so funny. :D jk. They made me smile.

Picture doesn't work. But seeing from what the URL is, yep :D

nope, no Union Jack for me...although I do really like that flag.

Haha, nope, it isn't. And yay :happy:

But they weren't funny. *shrugs*

Congrats on winning that war, dude. :P

thank you :P it was a tough battle tho :P