Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

The AAF cd has cleared up a few misheard lyrics for me...

In Geek Stink Breath: "like the people running the rat race" instead of "like a cripple running the rat race"

In Viva la Gloria: "break up your vision" instead of "the brink of your vision"

Also, parts of When I Come Around has always confused me: "I'm just roving for the moment sneeze, barbed wire, blah blah blah blah" instead of "I'm just roaming for the moment sleazin' my back yard so don't get so uptight" :lol:

Also, parts of When I Come Around has always confused me: "I'm just roving for the moment sneeze, barbed wire, blah blah blah blah" instead of "I'm just roaming for the moment sleazin' my back yard so don't get so uptight" :lol:

That line always screw with me too. I'm just roamin for the moment something something chop chop...

As anyone who's shared a concert with me knows, "I'm just roaming for the moment sleazin' my back yard so don't get ..." is my favorite line from that song. But I had to look it up to understand what he was saying. I knew what I was hearing just didn't make any sense.

I'm going to repeat this story ... it's been a while since I mentioned it -

In Waiting, my son always thought Billie was saying, "Dump truck - color me stupid." I think that's so cute ... I can just imagine Billie singing it! :lol:

Edit: and when I told him it was "dumbstruck" he really was dumbstruck - I'll never forget the look on his face!

As anyone who's shared a concert with me knows, "I'm just roaming for the moment sleazin' my back yard so don't get ..." is my favorite line from that song. But I had to look it up to understand what he was saying. I knew what I was hearing just didn't make any sense.

In Waiting, my son always thought Billie was saying, "Dump truck - color me stupid." I think that's so cute ... I can just imagine Billie singing it! :lol:

Edit: and when I told him it was "dumbstruck" he really was dumbstruck - I'll never forget the look on his face!

That is pretty damn cute. I used to love dump trucks myself...

He's not alone! I totally thought he was saying dumptruck for awhile, too. :pinch: Then one day I just heard it right.

Awww that's the cutest misunderstanding ever

I was looking through Letterbomb tabs on various tab websites. I found one that has lyrics along with it.

Instead of "The town bishop's an extortionist" it had

"The television's an obstructionist" :rolleyes:

EDIT: I just found some for 21CB. They had:

"Oh dream, American dream. I can't leave and see from rainstorms 'til dawn. Oh bleed, America, bleed. Believe what you need, from heroes and cons".

green day's version:

"she's a rebel, she's a saiiint!"

alliee's version:

"she's a RED BULL, she's a saiiint!"

21st. Century Breakdown:

"let me believe all the lies" or "let me pretend I'm alive" instead of "That left me for dead or alive"

21st. Century Breakdown:

"let me believe all the lies" or "let me pretend I'm alive" instead of "That left me for dead or alive"

Until now I thought it was "That let me forget all alive"

Fail.

Well I thought "The subliminal mindfuck America" in American Idiot was ""The soft plummin (?????) that might fuck America" lol

:lol: :lol:

Friends' obsession:

In I want to be alone: it's been disturbed by my FRIENDS instead of thoughts

In Longview: Twiddle my FRIENDS justo for a bit instead of thumbs

And I was sure that in Haushinka he sang This SCHOOL instead of girl and I really didn't understand!

In Pulling Teeth I thought, "Is she ultra-violent, is she disturbed" was "Is she ultra-violet, Is she misheard".....

:lol: Thank you Rockband for making me feel like a dumb ass!

I was watching BiaB with my sister. When Billlie says "No one ever died for my" in JOS, my sister turned to me and asked if he was saying

"Blow it up with dynamite"

I never got the "all the way across town" on When I Come Around. I always heard "all the way you hear the sound". And I kinda still sing it like this xD

In Pulling Teeth I thought, "Is she ultra-violent, is she disturbed" was "Is she ultra-violet, Is she misheard".....

:lol: Thank you Rockband for making me feel like a dumb ass!

OMSTJ i thought it was ultraviolet until i read your post :blink:

These are all awesome as usual! :lol:

My mum said that in She's a Rebel she keeps hearing "she's the mother of all bombs and she's getting laid" instead of "she's the mother of all bombs gonna detonate" and now I keep hearing that...

It's not an interesting one, but I only realised the other day that it's actually "would I last forever" in Going to Pasalaqua, not "will it last forever"

^Fuck yeah, I'm not the only one! I also hear "would I last forever" in GoP. I know that he doesn't sing that but I keep on hearing what I want to hear...

Edited by Jeone

I thought in Homecoming it said "after ten cups of coffee and bacon" but when I saw American Idiot I found out that it was "after ten cups of coffee I'm thinking"

There's a few others but I can't think of them right now.

I'm telling you all, listen to Homecoming: it's definitely "After 10 cups of coffee AND BACON", not "After 10 cups of coffee, I'm thinking" :lol:

Oh yay! So I'm not the only one

My mom thought it was Favorite Song instead of Favorite Son and even though I told her it's NOT song but SON she still sings "It's your faaaavorite sooong, it's your faaaavorite sooong" :rolleyes:

"after ten cups of coffee and bacon"

:mellow: I thought this line was : "After dead comes to coffee I'm thinkin..." :mellow:

in 21 Guns, my sister thought it was "...and your throats have taken their toll" instead of "and your thoughts have taken their toll". :lol:

And I heard Letterbomb's "Like a flunkie along for the ride" as "We're fucking all the wrong for the right"

and I heard "like a fuckee all along for the ride". :lol::lol::lol:

I was watching BiaB with my sister. When Billlie says "No one ever died for my" in JOS, my sister turned to me and asked if he was saying

"Blow it up with dynamite"

:lol: