Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

I always thought that the lyrics to Jinx were, "Tell Jimmy I better back off" not "Torture me, I've been a bad boy"

Peacemaker: "I've got a fever, a normal beaver." I don't know how that happened....

When I heard F.O.D. for the first time, I heard "You're just a slut, you make me angry cause you just can't suck. I can't get high...so until then, fuck off and die."

I was like, "Wow...some girl really made him angry." and when I found out the right lyrics were, "You're just a fuck I can't explain it cause I think you suck I'm taking pride in telling you fuck off and die"

I was like, "What the hell is wrong with my ears?!"-facepalm- :lol:

haha I like your version of the song :lol:

Mine isn't funny but in KYE Instead of "violence is an energy," I hear "violence isn't anarchy"

Go figure lol.

In Minority where he sings; "For crying out loud,she screamed unto me", I thought he sang "screamed under me". A bit perverted.

dude, same!!!! lol

Peacemaker: "I've got a fever, a normal beaver." I don't know how that happened....

:lol:

Oh god a normal beaver!

Love this thread :hug:

for jar i thought the lyrics were "i'm still livin" and then i thought they were "im so drivin" lol but theyre im still givin

When I first heard Jesus of Suburbia, I was really convinced there was a section about cats. Something along the lines of, "I have a cat, if you don't. I have a cat, if you don't. I have a cat, if you don't cat. I like cats."

And I'm pretty sure I still don't sing any of the correct lyrics for American Idiot, haha.

holy shit, i can't stop laughing hahaha :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

When I first heard Jesus of Suburbia, I was really convinced there was a section about cats. Something along the lines of, "I have a cat, if you don't. I have a cat, if you don't. I have a cat, if you don't cat. I like cats."

And I'm pretty sure I still don't sing any of the correct lyrics for American Idiot, haha.

Ahaha, :lol:

The only one I can really remember right now was that, for years, I misheard part of a song from Dookie. I knew they couldn't possibly say this, but in the song it goes "just wasting your time" or something. I thought it said "multiplication charts wasting your time". XD

The only one I can really remember right now was that, for years, I misheard part of a song from Dookie. I knew they couldn't possibly say this, but in the song it goes "just wasting your time" or something. I thought it said "multiplication charts wasting your time". XD

Do you mean where he really says "no obligation, just wasting your time" in Sassafras roots? :) (I just started wondering what could possibly be misheard as "multiplication charts", but that line actually kind of does sound like that now that I think about it.)

• Like 1

Just read the 21CB album booklet and looked at the lyrics for Viva La Gloria (Little Girl).

All this time Billie's been singing 'there is no place like home, when you've got no place to go'.

I thought the lyrics were 'there is no place to go when you've got no place to go' :huh:

I used to listen thinking well, duh, Billie Joe.

:lol:

In Holiday, instead of hearing "Another protester has crossed the line" for the longest time I heard "Another pole dancer has crossed the line." :huh:

Right before the little breakdown in Chump I thought he was saying "I'm just dumb" again rather than "I'm a chump"

thanks to rock band for setting me straight lol

I did the classic Good Riddance mixup, i hope you HAD the time of your life, not HAVE. everyone in my school mixes it up, fml.

These posts are really funny haha :lol:

I can't think of any lyrics I've messed up but the first time I made my mom listen to Give Me Novacaine she thought throughout the whole song Billie was singing "Give me back to Kate" instead of "Give me Novacaine". She thought that it was about a breakup Billie had with a girl named Kate :lol:

Edited by DarbyIsANimrod

In "Last Night on Earth" for a long time I thought "rest assured that all my love's for you" was "rest assured that all my lust's for you".

In "East Jesus Nowhere" I thought that the "stand up!" and "sit down!" parts were "and who?"

In "Longview" I thought "I locked the door to my own cell and I lost the key" was "I locked the door to my hotel and I lost the key"

In "Viva La Gloria"...

I thought "scars and ammunition" was "stars and ammunition"

"as autumn's world fades into black" was "and Arnold's world fades into black"

"saint on all the sinners" was "saint OF all the sinners"

In "East Jesus Nowhere" I thought that the "stand up!" and "sit down!" parts were "and who

In "Longview" I thought "I locked the door to my own cell and I lost the key" was "I locked the door to my hotel and I lost the key"

In "Viva La Gloria"...

I thought "scars and ammunition" was "stars and ammunition"

I thought the same about Longview and Viva La Gloria :lol:

But no matter how many times I listen and read the lyric sheet I can never hear where they're supposed to be saying 'stand up' and 'sit down' in EJN :blink:

It's not that I'm hearing anything different, it's just that I don't hear anything except 'all the white boys, and the black girls'.

Mine would have to be in burnout i would sing "and theres nohing like to walk amounst the dead" When its "and i stepped inline"

Mine's kinda stupid, but I was 12 and English isn't my native language...

Now I wonder how Whatsername has been

Now I wonder I want to be named as Ben

• Like 2

Right before the little breakdown in Chump I thought he was saying "I'm just dumb" again rather than "I'm a chump"

thanks to rock band for setting me straight lol

Nooooooooooooooo......!!! oh-my-God. doesn't say : "i'm just dumb" ????? you know, after this thread, my whole world is falling apart... lol.. those lyrics sites which shows the lyrics with the wrong way must be deleted...!

IS NOT OF? :blink:

the other day I was listening to the AI Cast's album, and I found a bunch of lyrics I didn't know, but I can't remember any of them right now :lol: