Song Lyrics You Misheard / Misunderstood

woo_green_day

In 409 in your coffee maker I just noticed I misinterpreted the line "These chains that control my future's aims" for "These chains that control my future's reins"

Yeah I don't look in the lyric books and I make up words myself. XP

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In jimmy eat worlds song "the middle"

when it says "it just takes some time, little girl, you're in the middle of the ride everything, everything will be just fine, everything will be alright

when it says everything, everything - i thought it said "elephant, elephant"

yeah, im dumb

my sis still thinks that marry jane is a girl

Er...Mary Kane is a girl...she's the one from Spiderman, isn't she? That's why they censored that part out during Storytellers...copyright and stuff...ah, whatever...

in this op. iv song i thought that "artificial life in the market" was "artificial laugh" and i was like what the hell?? then i learned the lyrics.......

Er...Mary Kane is a girl...she's the one from Spiderman, isn't she? That's why they censored that part out during Storytellers...copyright and stuff...ah, whatever...

Go Here

Mary Jane is slang for marijuana.

:laugh: Haha, how...blunt.

Here's one of mine that I found kinda funny: in Android, where it goes "it keeps my head spinning around", I thought it was "it keeps my husband in the ground". After I thought about it, I was like WTF?

Oh, and in No One Know, the "do you fill your head with schemes" line I heard as "do you feel your endless games".

Heh...I have alot more, but I'll spare you for now.

I heard kate Bush's wuthering heights last night and I thought the middle section she sang my one dream my only bastard...not sure what the sactual lyric is though

In jimmy eat worlds song "the middle"

when it says "it just takes some time, little girl, you're in the middle of the ride everything, everything will be just fine, everything will be alright

when it says everything, everything - i thought it said "elephant, elephant"

yeah, im dumb

:laugh: thats a good one dude. thats the only JEW song i know and the only part of that song i knew was "everything everything be just fine, everything will be alright" lol

in Road To Acceptance when it goes It's just like our brain, when it goes insane we feel the same pain. I swore for years it went, It's just like our brain, when Nick goes insane we feel the same pain. My cousin's name is Nick so yeah...anyways...years later I know the truth, Billie Joe wrote a song about my older cousin!

practically everything in platypus :laugh:

Haha same here. I can't understand anything he says.

Mary Jane is slang for marijuana.

omg.. :o i did not know that...thats pretty damn kewl

that you knew that...i learned somethin today..thanx :laugh:

In Boulevard Of Broken Dreams when the lyrics are "My shallow heart is the inly thing that's beating" I thought it was "My shallow car is the only thing that's breathing"

... That was totally wrong. :mellow:

On Bobd I thought that"sometimes I wish somone out there will find me"

was "somtimes i stand upon a building lineing." :happy:

Everyone remembers that God-awful song 'Blue' by Eiffle65 of something like that, in the annoying refrain where they sing 'I'm blue da ba dee da ba dy' (i think they just wanted to waste some time there) anyways, I always heard 'If I was green I would die'

Everyone remembers that God-awful song 'Blue' by Eiffle65 of something like that, in the annoying refrain where they sing 'I'm blue da ba dee da ba dy' (i think they just wanted to waste some time there) anyways, I always heard 'If I was green I would die'

Holy shit that song sucked. I thought they were saying "I was beat up and died" lol

practically everything in platypus :laugh:

haha yeah i definitely had to look that one up. the only part i could understand was the "dickhead fuckface..." part lol

mary jane is slang for dope..........your both wrong

:laugh: In Jesus of suburbia, where it says 'The space that's in between insane and insecure' I thought it said 'This space that's in between is sane and insecure' :laugh: :rolleyes:

:laugh: In Jesus of suburbia, where it says 'The space that's in between insane and insecure' I thought it said 'This space that's in between is sane and insecure' :laugh: :rolleyes:

Wow. That's so crazy, you had to say it twice. :mellow:

i went on the google site pheobe got that video from and i found this does anyone know what song this is i think it's hitchin a ride i dunno sorry if this is a bit off-topic

i have no idea what that is but it kinda sounds like it

I love 'I wore cologne' - he probably did wear cologne anyway!

Billie does tend to mangle the lyrics at times, here's two of mine from among many:-

From 'Stuck With Me', I thought 'I'm not part of your elite' was 'I'm the boy that you're related to'!

From 'Reject', I thought 'your reject All-American' was 'your rich and tall American', and I'm thinking, 'tall'?

And wtf does 'soda-pop and ritalin' sound like if you haven't read the lyric ?! :laugh:

I used to think it was "started poppin rittelin"

I also used to think tht the chorus of Platypus sounded like I hate jews instead of I hate you (although I knew I was wrong)

Archived