Song Lyrics You Misheard / Misunderstood

woo_green_day

When I was lisening to blood, sex and booze the other day i heard "I'm in this dress" instead of "I'm in distress."

I already knew it was wrong though, i guess i was tired or something. But I have to admit it sounds quite the same.

i think i posted it already but i always hear "from a girl called you" instead of "from a girl called kill"

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at who wrote holden calfield i though instead "i think i just forgot'' Billie was saying "i think i just fucked up".. :blink:

i used to think for american idiot it was "maybe i'm the fag at america" instead of "maybe i'm the faggot"

Electric Blue was on the radio this arvo, and when they said "I just freeze' I looked up thinking they said Jason Freeze.

In "You're Beautiful" I always thought the lyrics were "I heard her name gel, of that I'm sure"

Also In JAR I always thought it was about a friend who packed up and drove away to live in another town.

I was making my mum listen to 1039 in the car and she said that the chorus of I Was There sounded like, "Hi Ruth Annnnnnnn, hi Ruth Annnnnnnnn." :lol:

I was listening to Uptight the other day, and even though I know the lyrics are "peaked out on reaching new lows", I always hear "reaching new lows" as some sort of Spanish word. Like, "Ruchindilos" or something like that. xD

well...I don't remember if I posted it already....or whether I thought about posting it :sherlock:

Restless Heart Syndrome: I always heard "nose bleeding" instead of "ulcer bleeding" till the day I came up with the idea to actually read the booklet *facepalm*

and in Dido's "White Flag" I keep hearing "I will go down with this shit" instead of "ship" :wacko: and i can't stop it! :blink:

when i first listened to 86 i thought it said

"theres no return from anal sex" :blink:

bwaahahahahhaaaa

you made my shitty day a lot better!

I never understood the last chorus of Longview until recently.

I always heard 'I'm tripping away to paradise,' and 'it's just like me,' not 'it's just a myth.'

And not Green Day:

In the Ramones' Pet Sematary, I heard 'I don't wanna be married in a pet cemetery.'

Same with The Kill by 30 Seconds To Mars - 'marry me, marry me' not 'bury me, bury me.' :P

In "No One Knows" I always understood "I see my friends begin to reach a short countdown to their end" instead of "I see my friends begin to age a short countdown to what end". And in "Sweet Children" I understood "we've never been" instead of "remember when" but I will never egtthe lyrics of that song right. There are much more misunderstandings but I can't remember right now.

In Beastly Bit I keep hearing 'my pinhead girl' instead of 'green haired girl'. And I think I like my version better :P

I was dropping my friend off after school the other day, and we were listening to Christie Road, and she says; "So...why does he call it a hoe?"

It took me a second to understand what she meant. She misheard the chorus as "Give me something to do to kill some time,Take me to that place that I call hoe..."

:lol:

I didnt think Jesus of Suburbia was "im the son of rage and love" i thought it was something like im the son of asian love :S

at who wrote holden calfield i though instead "i think i just forgot'' Billie was saying "i think i just fucked up".. :blink:

OMG, that's the real lyrics?!!! :o

I didnt think Jesus of Suburbia was "im the son of rage and love" i thought it was something like im the son of asian love :S

:lol: :lol: My sister thought the same thing

In Sweet Children, I always thought he said, "We're never bad" instead of "Remember When"

at the end of Hitchin a Ride instead of "birthday boys hey" (thats what it says on RB anyway) I thought Billie said "want me want me" I thought he was putting subliminal messages in his songs again. :shifty:

and the other day in the car 21 guns came on the radio and my mom was singing.

"One 24 Guns"

OMG, that's the real lyrics?!!! :o

yes, i think these are the real lyrics... but, i really thought those are the actual lyrics..! :whistle

hahaha...

In "No One Knows" I always understood "I see my friends begin to reach a short countdown to their end" instead of "I see my friends begin to age a short countdown to what end". And in "Sweet Children" I understood "we've never been" instead of "remember when" but I will never egtthe lyrics of that song right. There are much more misunderstandings but I can't remember right now.

I had the same with No One Knows XD

at the end of Hitchin a Ride instead of "birthday boys hey" (thats what it says on RB anyway) I thought Billie said "want me want me" I thought he was putting subliminal messages in his songs again. :shifty:

and the other day in the car 21 guns came on the radio and my mom was singing.

"One 24 Guns"

does he really say "birthday boys hey" in Hitchin a Ride??? :blink:

I alwways it was something with "and it's one way, one way" :whistle:shifty:

Hahah I just died.

In "At The Library" when he says "My chance is looking a bit grey" I always thought he was saying "My chances of f*****g up are great."

Actually thinking about it and the songs meaning it wouldn't have been such a bad lyric.

in boulevard of broken dreams when he sings "it's home to me" i thought it was its only me

I always thought that too... :dance:

i thought i was the only one that thought that

Haha well I guess not! :thumbsup: Oh, and i just figured out those lyrics this year!

Haha well I guess not! :thumbsup: Oh, and i just figured out those lyrics this year!

haha i figured them out last year. in fact i still prefer it's only me rather than it's home to me. when i first heard american idiot all at once and stuff i read the lyrics sheet and i still don't know why i said it's only me

Archived