Song Lyrics You Misheard / Misunderstood

woo_green_day

The first time I heard Sweet Children I thought Billie was saying "sweet gel pen". :lol:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The very first time I herad JOS,..... instead of ...

"I'm the son of rage and love"

I heard...

"Im the son of Asian Love"

I never thought these were the lyrics, but how much does "I walk alone" sound like "I wore cologne"

;)

Totally can't hear the real lyrics now. I always hear cologne. And "Sometimes I wish some one would pillowfight me"

The very first time I herad JOS,..... instead of ...

"I'm the son of rage and love"

I heard...

"Im the son of Asian Love"

lol

I heard; 'I'm the son Raging love'

Not far from the actual lyrics, tho

"Sometimes I wish some one would pillowfight me"

Haha. For some reason that just sounds sweet :lol: '

I never thought these were the lyrics, but how much does "I walk alone" sound like "I wore cologne"

;)

Totally can't hear the real lyrics now. I always hear cologne. And "Sometimes I wish some one would pillowfight me"

Not as bad as my friend's "Sometimes I wish a hungry bear would find me" :lol:

hahahaa this thread always makes my day.

haha thats brilliant. I can hear that...

(just like to mention that I casually stroll into your avatar and I am sorry, yes that's my big head getting in the way...totally not spam)

One of my favourite incorrect lyrics is "Pay attention to the cracked streets and the broken gnomes"

I thought during Sweet Children it was "Sweet children will never win" instead of "remember when".

And to add onto the "other than Green Day" songs....the Pussycat Dolls have their "When I Grow Up" song, I always thought (and still wonder) if they say "I wanna be a star.....I wanna have boobies" instead of "groupies". LOL

I thought during Sweet Children it was "Sweet children will never win" instead of "remember when".

And to add onto the "other than Green Day" songs....the Pussycat Dolls have their "When I Grow Up" song, I always thought (and still wonder) if they say "I wanna be a star.....I wanna have boobies" instead of "groupies". LOL

lol.

Well, they DEFINITLY have some boobies ><

haha thats brilliant. I can hear that...

(just like to mention that I casually stroll into your avatar and I am sorry, yes that's my big head getting in the way...totally not spam)

One of my favourite incorrect lyrics is "Pay attention to the cracked streets and the broken gnomes"

Aha, I was wondering who that was

:lol:

In she's a rebel, I thought that "missing link on the brink of destruction" was "missing sink with a brick of detergent" or at least, that's what it sounded like to me!!

Also in nirvanas heart shaped box, I thought it was "hey, whey, I'm gonna remove your brain" but I don't even know what the real lyrics are...

Also I thought that in hitchin a ride, "(there's a drought at the fountain of youth), now I'm dehydrating" was "numpty, I drained it!"

also a ton of others, especially on American idiot, I didn't get "lost children with dirty faces today" and a load f other stuff in JOS until about 6 months ago! :P

In she's a rebel, I thought that "missing link on the brink of destruction" was "missing sink with a brick of detergent" or at least, that's what it sounded like to me!!

Also in nirvanas heart shaped box, I thought it was "hey, whey, I'm gonna remove your brain" but I don't even know what the real lyrics are...

Also I thought that in hitchin a ride, "(there's a drought at the fountain of youth), now I'm dehydrating" was "numpty, I drained it!"

also a ton of others, especially on American idiot, I didn't get "lost children with dirty faces today" and a load f other stuff in JOS until about 6 months ago! :P

Heart Shaped Box: "Hey! Wait!" I got a new complaint. [forever in debt to your priceless advice]"

Heart Shaped Box: "Hey! Wait!" I got a new complaint. [forever in debt to your priceless advice]"

Didn't someone mishear from that "Forever in debt to your slices of pie" or something? :lol:

(This is irrelevant, but I can't stop watching your avatar. It's hypnotic. I don't even know who's in it, it's just very distracting.)

Didn't someone mishear from that "Forever in debt to your slices of pie" or something? :lol:

(This is irrelevant, but I can't stop watching your avatar. It's hypnotic. I don't even know who's in it, it's just very distracting.)

Yeah, and thanks to them I hear it every time :lol:

Believe i post this in another thread too, but oh well.

In Know Your Enemy, i thought they sang 'Fuck me to eternity' instead of 'From here to eternity', quite a difference :'D

lol

me too i always thought they sang boobies, doesn't sound like groupies to me

In Blink-182's Online Songs, when Mark sings: "You're screen name used to be..." I always thought he said: "You're screaming Mr. Bean..." :lol:

Omg :lol: I love this thread:

Oh and, Woo! im a "chump" now :)

To mention another blink 182 lyric mishap, I could have sworn in Wendy Clear that instead of saying "wish it didn't have to be so bad," he was actually saying "wish I didn't have to pee so bad." :lol:

Not to mention that me and my friend used to call "The Party Song" the banana song because we thought they were randomly saying banana repeatedly between verses.

To mention another blink 182 lyric mishap, I could have sworn in Wendy Clear that instead of saying "wish it didn't have to be so bad," he was actually saying "wish I didn't have to pee so bad." :lol:

hahaha me too!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Until five seconds ago, I always thought the lyrics to Linkin Park's Breaking The Habit went 'I'm searching in the wound' as opposed to 'I'm safe here in my room'.

I also thought another line later on in the song went ''Cause I'm the one that falls' instead of ''Cause I'm the one at fault'.

Seriously, I've been listening to the fucking song for years and I never noticed that I was singing/interpreting lines incorrectly! :mad::lol:

in boulevard of broken dreams when he sings "it's home to me" i thought it was its only me

when i first listened to 86 i thought it said

"theres no return from anal sex" :blink:

When I was lisening to blood, sex and booze the other day i heard "I'm in this dress" instead of "I'm in distress."

I already knew it was wrong though, i guess i was tired or something. But I have to admit it sounds quite the same.

Before I bought Warning I always though that it was "Warning, live with that warning." instead of "Warning, live without warning.".

Archived