Song Lyrics You Misheard / Misunderstood

woo_green_day

Ahh, I always misunderstand lyrics. Hmm can't think of any right now though.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I messed up with Poprocks and coke.

I heard: "You know I'll be there, I go in my underwear, So I see you there"

:')

Hahaha :lol:

ahhhh yes! It's really that album that gives me hell with lyrics the most. It's not like I mishear things, I just honestly can't make anything out for a lot of the things, if I don't know the lyrics already. really only gibberish. :lol:

I read the lyrics to all of Insomniac the other day and I think I had gotten at least one sentence totally wrong in all of them :pinch: They're videos should come with subtitles :lol; (I think you can do that on International Super videos actually. :whistle )

I read the lyrics to all of Insomniac the other day and I think I had gotten at least one sentence totally wrong in all of them :pinch: They're videos should come with subtitles :lol; (I think you can do that on International Super videos actually. :whistle )

Haha, yeah they should! :lol:

but seriously, it's awful how much I misunderstand from Insomniac...I just posted this in the Westbound Sign thread; what I hear when I hear the first part of Westbound Sign:

'fucked up, all of of everything, so the rest and radio tail, bliff blout to leaving grass and a westbound sign. Wait up, her choice is on a scale, prevailing nothing basics. Just jespestation (I made that into 'respectation' because at least that's almost a real word) and a blay decision'.

:huh:

and it goes on like that throughout all of Insomniac - or well, the songs I don't/didn't know the lyrics to.

Thanks to this thread every time I listen to Time Of Your Life I hear 'but Indian was right' :thumbsup:

I still hear "I've had my share of fat kids in my face" whenever I listen to "We Are The Champions" by Queen, even though I know the real lyrics.

I was listening to Geek Stink Breath yesterday and heard "Like a fat kid running the fat race". ^Your post reminded me of it :lol:

In Welcome to Paradise I keep hearing 'some call it subs some call it knives.'

I know, it's really random. But apparently I'm not the only one, someone on youtube made a 'misheard lyrics' video with the same exact lyrics on Welcome to Paradise.

And in Big Yellow Taxi (Counting Crows version) I heard 'put up a f*cking love' in the refrain instead of 'put up a parking lot.' I didn't know the lyrics until years later and I was puzzled at how that piece of profanity could have made it on the radio.

For FOBs song sugar we're goin down swinging, me and my friends used to sing the part that goes "I know your god complex, cock it and pull it" as "We know you got contacts in your chocolate pudding"

16: "Things are easy when you're asian/haitian" I still don't know the real words.

16: "Things are easy when you're asian/haitian" I still don't know the real words.

things are easy when you're a child :lol:

For FOBs song sugar we're goin down swinging, me and my friends used to sing the part that goes "I know your god complex, cock it and pull it" as "We know you got contacts in your chocolate pudding"

: :D lol.. The lead singer of FOB sings so damn unclear, it's pretty easy to mishear FOB lyrics. The same goes for alot of (older) Green Day songs because Billie Joe was a bit of a mumbler. The ''Englisman impersonating an American impersonating an Englishman'' accent while singing didn't help much either.

:lol: I posted that earlier. I still hear it to this day D8

Smells Like Teen Spirit is impossible to understand.

My little sister had the best misheard yrics for it

'I'm a lighter, I'm albino, I'm a skittle"

Well. In 'Fire Burning' by Sean Kingston, instead of "That body was a masterpiece" I heard "That body was a masturbate". I was like wtf how does THAT fit into the lyrics? :lol:

Oh also in 'Welcome to Paradise' I used to think the line was "pay attention to the cracked streets and the broken gnomes' instead of homes

And in Roshambo, I keep hearing "I'm not looking for a funnyon". Y'know, funnyons, those onion ring chip thingys? Yeah.....I don't even know what he's actually saying :lol:

And in Roshambo, I keep hearing "I'm not looking for a funnyon". Y'know, funnyons, those onion ring chip thingys? Yeah.....I don't even know what he's actually saying :lol:

I have that problem too :lol: I keep hearing other things.

Oh and I think the part you mean would be "I'm not looking for opinion".......I'm not sure though :lol:

JOS:

'I'm the son of raging love'

FOD:

'Let's nuke the bridge where we torched you thousand times before'

:blink:

Above all, Smells like teen spirit, I didn't understand a fuck when I first heard it.

Well, it often happens to me to mishear lyrics, but now I just can't remember, you know :D

Smells Like Teen Spirit is impossible to understand.

My little sister had the best misheard yrics for it

'I'm a lighter, I'm albino, I'm a skittle"

ikr! ive always heard as "i'm Bono" instead of "albino" lol

when I was youger I didn't understand a word from the song Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers

"I don't wanna be like a-ti-ta-to! take me to the th-ta-to!!...

I'm listening to this Rise Against song (The Strength To Go On) and I could've sworn they sang "they have tampon".

Fairly sure that's not the real lyrics, though.

^I love that song!

And I just looked up the Roshambo lyrics....he's saying "I'm not looking for a bargain". How the hell does he manage to make "bargain" sound like "funnyon"?

When I was younger I thought the song amazing by alex lloyd said

"cos sheep were a grazing, sheep did amazing things

I wouldnt change it, sheep were a grazing"

it really says:

"cos you were amazing we did amazing things,

n I wouldn't change it, cos we were amazing things"

dont even ask how I got sheep were grazing out of that :pinch:

and Dry Ice always got me confuzed

In stead of "come ease the pain thats in my heart"

I first thought it was "the needles of pain thats in my arm" :lol:

then "come ease the pain thats in my arm"

Archived