Song Lyrics You Misheard / Misunderstood

woo_green_day

The sad thing is I LEGIT thought those were the actual lyrics for the LONGEST time...like, up until today :lol: And I thought it was a fairly decent description of being totally fucking BAKED off your HAMMER.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ :lol: That's like me and the Sting song Englishmen in New York, up until sometime early this year, I thought the lyrics were "I'm an alien, I'm a little alien. I'm an Englishmen in New York." When it's actually "I'm an alien, I'm a legal alien. I'm an Englishmen in New York."

My dad stopped me singing along one day and he's like "what did you just say? 'Little alien'? It's LEGAL alien!"

"What? Is it?" *listens to song* "oh.. it is.."

:lol:

Billie: "You, you're spilling all the wine now, on Hollywood and Vine now, its Lushotology"

Me: "You, you're spilling all the wine now, on Hollywood and Vine now, its splashin' down my jean"

hahaha :lol: Makes sense though.

hahaha :lol: Makes sense though.

I know!! haha I only found out like a week or two ago cause the Stop, Drop & Roll CD doesnt have the lyrics inside it or anything. :rolleyes:

I thought in Stuart and the Ave. that it was "The forum might have made some sense" instead of "Before it might have made some sense" :unsure::lol:

In November Rain, for the line

"Don't you think that you need someone"

I heard

"Don't you think that you eat someone"

I was like :huh:

in smells like teen spirit i always understood "here we are now in containers" instead of "entertain us" :lol:

In Affliction by AFI, Davey screams something between verses, and I could have sworn it was something about a titty bar when I listened to it the other day. :lol:

I thought in Stuart and the Ave. that it was "The forum might have made some sense" instead of "Before it might have made some sense" :unsure::lol:

:lol: "But now it's all fucked up!"

It's about the Rumor thread :ninja:

Jaded

Actual: Somebody keep my balance I think I'm falling off

Me: Somebody kick my nuts I think I'm going numb

Jaded

Me: Somebody take my pants I think their falling off :lol:

Jaymee, I think I actually like your version better :lol:

totally thought "I'd sit and spew my guts out to the open air" said "I'd sit and spew my guts out to the Oakland air" in 80.

[quote name=anita nerd much :)' date='10 May 2010 - 03:34 AM' timestamp='1273422897' post='3809227]

Jaded

Me: Somebody take my pants I think their falling off :lol:

:lol: Can we ask Green Day to change it to that?

ahahaha it'd be amazing if they did :lol: :lol:

I'll bring a poster to the wembley gig with those lyrics on it!! :lol: :lol: :ninja:

they'd be all :blink:

I only discovered 2 days ago that in 21st Century Breakdown it's

"I am a nation a worker of pride"

I've spent the past year and a bit thinking it was

"I am a nation a worker, a pawn

:blink:

I misunderstood really many lyrics. But now I remeber just Drowning Pool's song "Let the Bodies Hit The Floor". I've always thought it's "Let the Parties Hit The Floor", and was like "wtf is that song?" :D:D

In MCR's "This is How I Disappear" I heard "...is how I diss a pear." :lol:

I always hear "This bitter pill is Jason White" instead of "This bitter pill is chasing blood" ... even though I know that's not it, since it was pointed out to me that's all I hear

edit:

i still hear instead of "this bitter pill is chased with blood" billie singing "this bitter pill is jason white....:blink:" which is really creepy...... (oh in christina's inferno of course :lol:)

oh and in the static age i still hear instead of " all i want to do is i want to breathe"...." all i want to do is a 1,2,3..."

so yeah .lol: cant get it right :lol:

Only just saw this, guess i'm not the only one haha

When I first heard King for a Day (I'd never heard the original then) on BIAB, I thought Billie sang:

'Vengance by dawn' instead of 'princess by dawn'

Yet again but on BIAB Brain Stew I thought Billie sang:

"A crooked scheme, my sense is lol' - Instead of a 'crooked spine, my sense is dulled'

and "my mouth is dry, face it mum." - Instead of my 'mouth is dry, face is numb.'

On westbound sign:

'fucked up the rearview mirror' instead of 'blacked out the rear view mirror'

A non GD one - I thought Axl sung 'Na, na, na, na na NITS! (as in headlice)" on welcome to the jungle.

[/fail]

When I first heard King for a Day (I'd never heard the original then) on BIAB, I thought Billie sang:

'Vengance by dawn' instead of 'princess by dawn'

Yet again but on BIAB Brain Stew I thought Billie sang:

"A crooked scheme, my sense is lol' - Instead of a 'crooked spine, my sense is dulled'

and "my mouth is dry, face it mum." - Instead of my 'mouth is dry, face is numb.'

On westbound sign:

'fucked up the rearview mirror' instead of 'blacked out the rear view mirror'

A non GD one - I thought Axl sung 'Na, na, na, na na NITS! (as in headlice)" on welcome to the jungle.

[/fail]

I thought I heard "call of the wire" instead of "call of the wild" in Peacemaker. :P

Imagine the puzzled look on my face when I was trying to figure out how on earth 'wire' fitted into the lyrics. :blink:

'Call of the wild' makes way more sense.

How sad is this. "Like my iPod stuck on replay" I heard as "Like my eyeballs stuck on May Day" :lol:

I only discovered 2 days ago that in 21st Century Breakdown it's

"I am a nation a worker of pride"

I've spent the past year and a bit thinking it was

"I am a nation a worker, a pawn

:blink:

In one version, I think the demo, he actually does say "I am a nation, a worker, a pawn"

i still think that in blood,sex and booze it is "from a girl called you" instead of "Kill"

Archived