Song Lyrics You Misheard / Misunderstood

woo_green_day

in american idiot, the part that goes "maybe im the faggot america.." a lot of my friends thought it is "fuck-head america" and convinced me for a little bit..

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in american idiot, the part that goes "maybe im the faggot america.." a lot of my friends thought it is "fuck-head america" and convinced me for a little bit..

When I was younger

and didn't know the word faggot

I thought it was "fucking America".

There's this new sean kingston song called "Replay" and one of the lines is "Shawty's like a melody"...but i always here "Chinese like a melody" :lol:

ME TOO! :lol:

Haha I've just figured out that in 'Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds' I've always heard 'look at the girl who's selling the rice' instead of 'look for the girl with the sun in her eyes' XDDDDDDD hahaha

And in Christian's inferno I couldn't understand the line "This bitter pill is chased with blood" until I read the lyrics...

I always heard something like "This bitter pill is Jason White (?)" :rolleyes::lol:

Lol, I always hear that too :lol:

When I was younger

and didn't know the word faggot

I thought it was "fucking America".

"Well maybe I'm fucking America"? :huh:

my mind is messed up

"Well maybe I'm fucking America"? :huh:

my mind is messed up

I meant "Well maybe I'm the fucking America" :rolleyes::lol:

He's too short. He could never be America.

Sorry I just woke up.

My little sister used think BOBD was "I walk along" as opposed to "I walk alone"

I can see her point though! :lol:

Oh lol okay :lol:

Someone earlier in this thread (sorry can't go through all pages to find what I'm looking for) misheard "I walk alone" as "I wore cologne".

And someone elses sister thought "Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me" was "Sometimes I wish a hungry bear will find me".

Sorry I can't give you both credit, but they're both legendary

Everytime I listen to Scattered and BJ sings "Guess I've learned from my mistakes" I always hear "Cause I come from Outerspace". Every fucking time. xD

Sorry I just woke up.

Let him be the Netherlands instead! Tiny country, tiny man, perfect match methinks!

and because of this thread I can't help but half-hear "the Indian was right" :lol:

Someone earlier in this thread (sorry can't go through all pages to find what I'm looking for) misheard "I walk alone" as "I wore cologne".

And someone elses sister thought "Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me" was "Sometimes I wish a hungry bear will find me".

Sorry I can't give you both credit, but they're both legendary

The hungry bear one was my friend. I have yet to tell her I posted that here... :unsure:

Let him be the Netherlands instead! Tiny country, tiny man, perfect match methinks!

and because of this thread I can't help but half-hear "the Indian was right" :lol:

Hahah I hear "this bitter pill is Jason White" now. :lol:

Thanks to this thread I keep hearing "Forever in debt to your slices of pie" in Heart-Shaped Box :P

in Church On Sunday, I thought the line "Making your mascara bleed tears down your face" was "Making your mascara bleed drip down your face", haha.

and I realized the other day that in the PHGP version of Achin To Be some of the lines are different than in the original by The Replacements....

in The Replacements version, the line is "she opens her mouth to speak and what comes out's a mystery." and in the Pinhead version the line is "she closes her mouth to speak and what comes out's a mystery."

and then in The Replacements version the line is "the poems come so slowly like the colors down on a sheet" and the Pinhead version is "the colors come so slowly like the colors down on a sheet".

wwweeeiiirrddd

Haha leave it to Jason to screw up the lyrics. :lol::wub:

Some of these are so funny, I laugh like I'm on crack that's on steroids that's high on marijuana.

"I wore cologne, I wore cologne." Never thought cologne could be so depressing for you, Billie. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was singing West Side Highway once (and I've said this in my status), and I accidentally said "There's a million Stews in New York,".

So if you're a Stew, don't be afraid to say you're one of them. PHGP accepts you. :thumbsup:

Sorry I just woke up.

:lol: :lol:

When I was younger I thought that in the Savage Garden song Affirmation the line "I believe you can't appreciate real love till you've been hurt." was "I believe you can't appreciate real love till you've been burnt."

I was always like "That doesn't make a whole lot of sence.. :mellow:" :lol:

hahaha I had a friend who sang " Jeremy's forehead" instead of "Jeremy spoke in clas today"

lmao! ... I bother her so much with this lol

I was listening to 16 today, and for the line

Things are easy when you're a child

I could have sworn I heard

Things are easy when you're Asian :blink:

In What's My Age Again? - Blink 182, I thought it said "I walk alone to get the feeling right" so I didn't get it but then ages later I realised it said "I wore cologne" ...

I mishear loads of songs, I can't think what right now :unsure:

In What's My Age Again? - Blink 182, I thought it said "I walk alone to get the feeling right" so I didn't get it but then ages later I realised it said "I wore cologne" ...

I mishear loads of songs, I can't think what right now :unsure:

That's like, the opposite to the BOBD one "I wore cologne, I wore cologne" :lol:

My sister used to always change the lyrics in BOBD as a joke. "'Til then I wear cologne!"

In the song "Immigrant Song" by Led Zeppelin my friend thought it said "Morgan Freeman is catching up" instead of "On we sweep with, with threshing oar" :lol:

Archived