Song Lyrics You Misheard / Misunderstood

woo_green_day

In the song Strength of the World from Avenged Sevenfold, my friend thought he said "I shave my legs" when it was really "Ice in my veins"

I have done this a couple times, in a Bayside song called, The Walking Wounded, I thought he said "Scared pears walking in soldier wear" really he said " A scared pair of walking soliders we're" It all makes so much more sense now.... :lol:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When my friend first heard Good Riddance (Time of your Life) she thought it was "There's something unpredictable, the Indian was right" instead of "There's something unpredictable, that in the end is right". She didn't think it meant any sense and I'm like "Uhhh...I think you misheard the lyrics a bit."

:lol:

this makes me want to listen to the song even more

in GD's song is it Little Girl(?), he sings 'run away from the river to the stream'. i know full well what he's saying but i keep singing 'run away from the monkey to the tree'.

my friend didnt read the actually lyrics of st jimmy for about two years... :lol: she used to pretty much make them up herself...

haha, this thread is amazing :woot:

Untill about a week ago, I thought the line in When I Come Around: I'm just sleazin in my backyard, so don't get so uptight was:

"I'm just sitting in my backyard drinking a tankard" x.x

JOS: Sins in hell, I thought was 'sands in hell'

Jinx: I'm a curse hanging around you, I thought was 'I'm not pretending around you'

HS&HG: The G L O R I A bit I thought was 'Do you know what I mean?'

I have more but can't think of them lulz

I never listen to these songs with a straight face again!

I always here "the Indian was right" as well as "in debt to your slices of pie" :lol:

Lithium by Nirvana, mine: I'm so horny, but that's okay, my willy's good.

Real: I'm so horny, but that's okay, my will is good.

Easy one to make I guess, but he "eee"s too much on the is. :')

in GD's song is it Little Girl(?), he sings 'run away from the river to the stream'. i know full well what he's saying but i keep singing 'run away from the monkey to the tree'.

I've always thought it's from the river to the street. :ermm:

OH MY GOD YOU TOO?!!! :lol:

warning, i thought it said born in, live without warning, when the actually lyrics are Warning, live without warning

I used to think that Billie sang "Nice guys finish last, when you run out of gas" :lol:

I always hear that too xD

And My Chemical Romance - Welcome To The Black Parade

He sings "Give a cheer for all the broken" but I thought he was singing "Give a chair for all the broken"

hahah me too :lol:

when Brithey Spears released her first single Baby One More Time (the best one still) i didn't know much of english and when she's singing 'Oh Baby Baby' i used to think she's singing 'Oh Byron Byron' :D

i even corrected my friend who's singing in oh baby baby, i said that she's wrong :lol:

i was so lame :D

Now I know what I should do when I'm in a bad mood - just read this thread :lol: The Indian was right absolutely gets me :D

I know I have a lot of those, I just can't think right now...

I used to think that Billie sang "Nice guys finish last, when you run out of gas" too :lol:

Jinx: I'm a curse hanging around you, I thought was 'I'm not pretending around you'

omg, it's not "I'm not pretending around you?" :o I have to listen to this song :D

Oh and my friend thought that Billie sings in Waiting something like "better don't tell fucking lies" instead of "better thank your lucky stars" :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

In Scattered - Green Day...

Real: All the songs have been erased...

Misheard by me: All the songs of Billy Ray's...

It made no freaking sense until I looked up the lyrics.

Oh and in Desensitized - Green Day

Real: Clench my teeth tight

Misheard by me: J'ai petite

From my limited french lessons, I think that means "I have small". :blink:

I'm dyyyyyyyyyyyyying, omg omg omg, hahahahahahahahahaha this thread made my day. And willy's, and Byron XD

Whenever I listen to Before the Lobotomy...the part where Billie sings Christian's lesson is what he's been sold.. I always hear: Christian's lesson is what he's bestowed.

Also, whenever I listen to Paper Lanterns...when Billie sings it puts my heart to the test...I always hear: It puts my heart to tears.

Ah, another one I misheard for years in Welcome to the Black Parade - My Chemical Romance

Real: Come and try, you'll never break me

Misheard by me: Can we try? You'll never pregnate.

I was listening to Misery a few days ago and I realized that I never actually read the lyrics... :rolleyes:

Instead of the line "...he fell into the city by the bay" I heard something like "...he fell into the CD by the way" :D I was like wtf?! :huh::D

And in Christian's inferno I couldn't understand the line "This bitter pill is chased with blood" until I read the lyrics...

I always heard something like "This bitter pill is Jason White (?)" :rolleyes::lol:

And in Christian's inferno I couldn't understand the line "This bitter pill is chased with blood" until I read the lyrics...

I always heard something like "This bitter pill is Jason White (?)" :rolleyes::lol:

:lol: I think everyone hears that!

Oh man, I didn't hear that, but now I'm gonna! :lol:

(not that I heard it right before, I thought it was "this bitter pill of chasing blood". Never really realized that that doesn't make any sense, haha)

Archived