Song Lyrics You Misheard / Misunderstood

woo_green_day

hahahaha james blunt. somebody was signing along to 'goodbye my lover' when it was on the radio the other day, only they changed it to. 'goodbye my bummer', so i decided to change a few more things in the song. along i didn't make it as 'rude' as i may have liked.

Did I disappoint you or let you down?

Should I be feeling guilty or let the judges frown?

'Cause I saw your end before we'd begun,

Yes I saw you were celluited and I knew I had won.

So I took what's mine by eternal right.

Took you hard into the night.

It may be over but it won't stop there,

I am here for you if you'd only care.

You touched my arse you touched my soul.

You changed my life and all my goals.

And love is blind and that I knew when,

My heart was blinded by you.

I've kissed your ass and held your head.

Shared your dreams and shared your bed.

I know you well, I know your smell.

I've been addicted to you.

Goodbye my bummer.

Goodbye my friend.

You have been the one.

You have been the one up me.

I am a dreamer but when I wake,

You can't break my spirit - it's my dreams you take.

And as you move on, remember me,

Remember us and all we used to be

I've seen you cry, I've seen you smile.

I've watched you sleeping for a while.

I'd be the father of your child.

I'd spend a lifetime with you.

I know your fears and you know mine.

We've had our doubts but now we're fine,

And I love you, I swear that's true.

I cannot live without you.

Goodbye my bummer.

Goodbye my friend.

You have been the one.

And I still hold your in mine.

In mine when I'm asleep.

And I will bear my soul in time,

When I'm kneeling at your feet.

Goodbye my bummer.

Goodbye my friend.

You have been the one.

I'm so sore, baby, I'm so sore.

I'm so, I'm so, I'm so sore.

:laugh: that's funny

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Holiday, my daughter always sings "Kill all the crabs that don't agree" instead of "fags." She makes up most of her own lyrics.

Haha, I did basically the opposite. In Blink 182's "What's My Age Again", I thought he said "i walk alone to get the feeling right", when in reality it's "I wore cologne, to get the feeling right"...

Its funny cos i did both of those! I was convinced that in "whats my age again", it was "i walk alone, to get the feeling right" for ages, and then listening to boulevard of broken dreams a few weeks ago i just burst out laughing when i realised that it sounded exactly like "I wore cologne" even though i knew it wasnt.

In Holiday, my daughter always sings "Kill all the crabs that don't agree" instead of "fags." She makes up most of her own lyrics.

I don't know which would be more shocking to hear a child say, lol! I guess you should be happy that she isn't going around saying "fags" in public!

In blvd I thought Billie said "I walk along",like someone else mentioned. And in Platypus I thought I heard Billie saying either "I ain't you" or "I ate you" rather than "I hate you"...

Its funny cos i did both of those! I was convinced that in "whats my age again", it was "i walk alone, to get the feeling right" for ages, and then listening to boulevard of broken dreams a few weeks ago i just burst out laughing when i realised that it sounded exactly like "I wore cologne" even though i knew it wasnt.

:huh:

In "what's my age again" it isn't I walk alone to get the feeling right?

:laugh:

I've always thought that's what he says!

And for the boulevard mistakes, I crack up every time!

" Sometimes I wish someone will pillow fight me"

" I wore cologne, I wore cologne"

" Sometimes I wish a polar bear will find me"

ahh.... :laugh:

In blvd I thought Billie said "I walk along",like someone else mentioned. And in Platypus I thought I heard Billie saying either "I ain't you" or "I ate you" rather than "I hate you"...

the first time i heard platypus i thought it was 'i ate you' too! :laugh:

first time i heard Holiday i thought he sings I beg you dreaming different from the hollow lies...

and the first time i heard Helena i didn't understand a word .. -.-'

I don't know which would be more shocking to hear a child say, lol! I guess you should be happy that she isn't going around saying "fags" in public!

It's funny that she understands all the words to The Grouch clearly. Hehe! :laugh:

In warning:

"Caution: police line, you better not cross"

I thought it was

"God shot bullets so you'd better not cross"

i dunno where i got this from but...

Misheard Lyrics:

Sometimes I wish Mike Dirnt's mouse hair would find me.

Original Lyrics:

Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me.

and when i first heard good riddence i heard

"Tim grabs you by the wrist..." and i kept thinking "who the fuck is Tim?"

My brother was listening to Bryan Adams 'Summer of 69' the other day and the bit that goes "Standin' on your mama's porch", I thought he said "Standing on your mother's corpse"! Ah man, he creased up lol

In the middle of My Generation where Tré yells "Heineken fuck that shit!" (at least I think that's what he says) my 4 year old sis sings "I'm a crackin' chip!' :huh:

And my mum thought JOS went something like 'I'm the son of raisin love, the jesus of suburbia, the five alive...'

the first time i heard platypus i thought it was 'i ate you' too! :laugh:

:laugh: haha I don't think I ever understood that song til I read the lyrics.

The other day I was driving with my mom and I was listening to Maria, and she thought Billie was singing "Burrito, Burrito, where did you go?" :laugh: Then later we were listening to Minority and she thought he was saying "I want to be a menorah" :rolleyes:

My dad thought 'we three kings of orient are..' was 'we three kings of orry and tar'. He never found out what orry was.

first time i heard Holiday i thought he sings I beg you dreaming different from the hollow lies...

and the first time i heard Helena i didn't understand a word .. -.-'

me too, when i hear helena i cant understand a word :eyebrows:

i think in some part in the song he say''why dont u save me tonight,'' :eyebrows:

That's so great :laugh: I was at Six Flags and some kid was singing that song on karaoke and I was like, fuck thats what they're really saying?! I can't understand the singer for the life of me :rolleyes:

lmao...that link is so fucking funny!!!

and the first time i heard BOBD i thought he was sayin "i wore calonge" lol yea theres a site that has that too but i thought he was sayin that the first time i heard it on the radio

The other day I was driving with my mom and I was listening to Maria, and she thought Billie was singing "Burrito, Burrito, where did you go?" :laugh: Then later we were listening to Minority and she thought he was saying "I want to be a menorah" :rolleyes:

haha.

burrito...

.... :eyebrows:

hitchin a ride, i still dont know the whole song after looking in the booklet 10 times

noel inhibriates the hilt

know how to eat McRow (and now im eating crow)

need a brick as well (need a break as well, maybe ?)

i miss some green day and other songs...once upon a time, i sing american idiot in my own way and i sing''dont want to be a american idiot, one nation upon the new media, can u hear the sound of histeria?this is the new fucking america''yea i miss the last part so many times...and in holiday the first time i listen i remember sing ''i beg to dream and differ from hollow lies , this is the dammit of the rest of our lifes''....

Archived