Song Lyrics You Misheard / Misunderstood

woo_green_day

No no, I was talking about the difference between geez and a geezer. In geez you pronounce g like in jam, and in geezer like in goal. :D That's why I said I don't think geez is connected with geezer :lol: Um, would be good if some native English speaker clarified this for us.

So your English does not fail :D

ooooooh that way! now I get it! :lol:

and yeah, let's just wait for a native English speaker, haha.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Native English speaker here :lol:

Jeez and geez are the same thing, pronounced exactly the same way, just with two different spellings. They mean exactly the same thing, usually used in exasperation.

Ever since I watched the misheard lyrics vid for St Jimmy, I hear "I'm a Plane! Train! Cider in denial!" instead of "I'm the patron saint of the denial".

I'm always hearing songs wrong though!

Billy Talent, "Sympathy" > "Go tell the guards, I've had enough" instead of "Throw down the cards, I've had enough"

Anti-Flag, "The WTO Kills Farmers" > "Offers tequila" instead of "Profits for killers"

Fall Out Boy, "Bang the Doldrums" > "And the bad yellow chicken calls" instead of "In the back of yellow checkered cars"

Boys Like Girls, "The Great Escape" . "Catch a bird, watch it die" instead of "Watch it burn, let it die" (a bit less cruel haha)

and so on...

Boys Like Girls, "The Great Escape" . "Catch a bird, watch it die" instead of "Watch it burn, let it die" (a bit less cruel haha)

This version is humerously morbid :lol:

Always in "Homecoming", do you believe that Jeez/Geez speak to Jesus Of Suburbia ? Like a nickname ??

^I always just figured it was Tre being, well Tre. Cause he sighs afterwards, it like he's going "Aw jeez, I have to sing *sigh*". Idk, just a thought XD

I was listening to Geek Stink Breath today and I only just realised they say "running off/on steam with Meth Amphetamine" now, I never knew what he said at that bit! I feel like my whole life's been a lie!

I notice in as well in "when I come around," in the booklet it says "cause I know I'm right" but he sings "I know you're right," I wonder which it's supposed to be.

For god's sake!!! Every time i read this thread title I sing 'condemnation is what i understood'.

Stop reminding me of 21CB!! Grr!

I was listening to Geek Stink Breath today and I only just realised they say "running off/on steam with Meth Amphetamine" now, I never knew what he said at that bit! I feel like my whole life's been a lie!

I only found out what he says in the chorus like a week ago. I seem to be finding a lot of things I've been thinking were other things lately :lol:

Here see in the Fox Theatre performance of American Eulogy, what does Mike sing where he usually goes "with money to burn on a minimum wage", cause it sure as hell doesn't sound like that ?

Before i actually saw the lyrics for EJN, I always thought the song was "A fire burns today, a blast for me and genocide" I had no idea what blasphemy was at that time lol

Here see in the Fox Theatre performance of American Eulogy, what does Mike sing where he usually goes "with money to burn on a minimum wage", cause it sure as hell doesn't sound like that ?

Ehm, I knew that, it was something like ".....and I'm not disengaged", can't remember the rest.

There's a picture of it somewhere, from spraypainted lyrics on a wall (they obviously didn't use that), someone took it

I can't find the picture or the thread it was from though :/

Mike sings:

"Im not a daydreamer and Im not disengaged"

In the All-American Rejects' "The Last Song", I always hear "now I'll take a leak" rather than "now I'll take the lead" .

When my friend first heard Good Riddance (Time of your Life) she thought it was "There's something unpredictable, the Indian was right" instead of "There's something unpredictable, that in the end is right". She didn't think it meant any sense and I'm like "Uhhh...I think you misheard the lyrics a bit."

When my friend first heard Good Riddance (Time of your Life) she thought it was "There's something unpredictable, the Indian was right" instead of "There's something unpredictable, that in the end is right". She didn't think it meant any sense and I'm like "Uhhh...I think you misheard the lyrics a bit."

Oh my, "the Indian was right" ahaahahah. I'm like dying. :lol:

That pretty much just made my day. The Indian was right...wow. :lol:

Another friend thought it was "There's something unpredictable, and then the rabbit dies" or something...I'm like :blink:

Did any of these friends have intact, functioning ears?

Clearly not hahahah. It's not that difficult to understand. I have no idea where the second friend got "and then the rabbit dies" from though...

^Haha omg they're both hilarious!! When i hear TOYL again, that's what i'll end up thinking about :lol:

Archived