Song Lyrics You Misheard / Misunderstood

woo_green_day

Actually the lyrics on the Nimrod booklet are pretty wrong overall, I'm quite sure is when you run out of gas. Makes more sense as well

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear 'Nice guys finish last. You're running out of gas' (in the beginning of the song then)

I don't hear the 'when' at all

I used to think that Billie sang "Nice guys finish last, when you run out of gas" :lol:

Does he not?!

<frantic googling>

Oh. Oops. Yeah, count me in for that one as well.

Does he not?!

<frantic googling>

Oh. Oops. Yeah, count me in for that one as well.

That's not what they're saying?? :blink:

*feels like an idiot

I hear 'Nice guys finish last. You're running out of gas' (in the beginning of the song then)

I don't hear the 'when' at all

First line in the chorus goes "Nice guys finish last, when you run out of gas"

I believe that is correct since the Nimrod booklet (and most GD booklets tbh) are unreliable

First line in the chorus goes "Nice guys finish last, when you run out of gas"

I believe that is correct since the Nimrod booklet (and most GD booklets tbh) are unreliable

Yes it does. I only listened to the first line of the song. There I can't hear the 'when'.

Yeah, the first line is "Nice guys finish last. You're running out of gas"

But in the chorus he says "Nice guys finish last, when you are the outcast"

What do ppl mean by "the booklets' can be wrong. Wouldn't Billie Joe know of this?

I always though that they lyric in "No One Knows" that goes "Call me habitual" was "Call me unritual" or something, and then I was reading the Kerplunk booklet and I was like "Oh oops" haha. Oh wait. What was he really saying in "Nice Guys Finish Last" then? I can't find the Nimrod booklet.

What do ppl mean by "the booklets' can be wrong. Wouldn't Billie Joe know of this?

The booklets were maybe already printed and they wanted to change couple things?

I don't know but that could be it

I used to think that Billie sang "Nice guys finish last, when you run out of gas" :lol:

I still hear that, even though I know it isn't that (and until I read this thread, I didn't know the real line is 'when you are the outcast').

I do hear 'when you are the outcast', though, now I know it.

I'm sure I'll hear 'when you run out of gas' again the next time I listen it.

Yeah, the first line is "Nice guys finish last. You're running out of gas"

I hear that all the way though, i never pick up on the outcast bit and always sing the wrong lyric...oh well.

I used to think in FOD "dislogical and smut" was "chicken and spud" for some reason :lol:

I just found out another lyric I got wrong.

In Warning, I thought 'Is it the cop, or am I the one thats really dangerous?' was ' 'cause the cop won't mind the one that's really dangerous'. I couldn't find the meaning of that line, now I see why :lol:

The booklets were maybe already printed and they wanted to change couple things?

I don't know but that could be it

oh hmmm maybe :lol:

edit: double post

Brush my teeth with a bottle of crack

Instead of brush my teeth with a bottle of jack-Kesha

I've never strayed to far from the saladbar

Instead of I've never strayed to far from the side walk-Kelly Clarkson

From the pages of the toliet tree

Instead of But the pages are all torn and frayed-MCR

This glue is getting me high making me low

Instead of this blue is getting me high making me low-Marilyn Manson

At the beginning of "Rock n' Roll Girlfriend" in "Homecoming", I don't understand if he says "Jeez" or "Geeze"?

At the beginning of "Rock n' Roll Girlfriend" in "Homecoming", I don't understand if he says "Jeez" or "Geeze"?

what's 'geeze'?

Anyway, I don't understand a word of Deadbeat Holiday.

There are a couple sentences I hear that make sense, a couple that don't make sense, and around 60% where I can't even make out words.

... but then what's the difference between jeez and geeze, apart from the spelling? :lol:

Jeez/Geez has always been a shorter way to say Jesus to me, when you're annoyed/surprised or whatever.

Anyway, I was listening to In the End earlier and I always hear 'What's your opponent' instead of 'What you're all about' :unsure:

^ He really said "Nice guys finish last, when you are the outcast"

Wtf, seriously ?! All these years...

Ok I just listened to it and no way does he say "the". If anything it's "when you are an outcast" but it still doesnt quite fit.

Nahh there's quite often little bits that are wrong, probably just very last minute changes.

Jeez/Geez has always been a shorter way to say Jesus to me, when you're annoyed/surprised or whatever.

yeah, same here, that's why I asked what geeze meant, I thought it was a word or something, it didn't (and still doesn't) make sense to me why it would matter if it's the same anyway ...

yeah, same here, that's why I asked what geeze meant, I thought it was a word or something, it didn't (and still doesn't) make sense to me why it would matter if it's the same anyway ...

The only word close to 'geez' I found was 'geezer' :lol: Doubt it's where it came from, though. And I think the pronunciation is different, so yeah.

what's the difference in pronunciation? I thought it was the same.. jeez, my english really fails (no pun intended)

is geeze like goal or something, and jeez like jam? (first word that came to mind). i always thought it was both like jam..

...okay i'm sort of rambling and getting offtopic now.

what's the difference in pronunciation? I thought it was the same.. jeez, my english really fails (no pun intended)

is geeze like goal or something, and jeez like jam? (first word that came to mind). i always thought it was both like jam..

...okay i'm sort of rambling and getting offtopic now.

No no, I was talking about the difference between geez and a geezer. In geez you pronounce g like in jam, and in geezer like in goal. :D That's why I said I don't think geez is connected with geezer :lol: Um, would be good if some native English speaker clarified this for us.

So your English does not fail :D

Archived