Song Lyrics You Misheard / Misunderstood

woo_green_day

Oh, if you really wanna mess up your lyrics, watch videos like this

s-jCrxQ8Tk4

There are some hilarious ones out there, I believe this one is fairly good.

I LOVE THAT VIDEO SO FUCKING MUCH!!! :woot:

God, I don't even try to understand I Want To Be Alone :lol:

I can actually understand that song perfectly :ermm:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can actually understand that song perfectly :ermm:

I can now but sometimes if I don't think about it a lot of it sounds like utter crap to me.

I can now but sometimes if I don't think about it a lot of it sounds like utter crap to me.

I know....when I first heard it I could've sworn he said "lolli" a few times in there xD

I still haven't figured out what the hell he does with the 'on'

It sounds like "with you around you'll only add oddelon" to me :lol:

Not even mentioning the rest of the song.

Here's what I hear. I'm bored, sorry.

I lock myself inside my room

I wanna...

With you around you'll only add oddelon

I wanna ...

Its been disturbed by my thoughts

I wanna ...

Please don't think I'm crazy

I don't want you to understand

My mind is going hazy

to hell whingyoullhappyingend (yeah, I can make a proper sentence out of that, but this is what I hear)

why don't you just leave me alone

this concrete is voyand

but you decide sehway for me that's all.

(it took me three tries to get 'that's all' out of it instead of thisand (first try) and this all (2nd try))

Oh, if you really wanna mess up your lyrics, watch videos like this

s-jCrxQ8Tk4

There are some hilarious ones out there, I believe this one is fairly good.

:lol: That is hilarious. Are there vidoes of other GD songs?

I know....when I first heard it I could've sworn he said "lolli" a few times in there xD

Hahah yeah, it sounds like that.

In Adam's song by Blink-182, to me it sounds like he's saying "I will conquer candy canes 16 just held such better days". I have no idea what he's really saying though :lol:

:lol: That is hilarious. Are there vidoes of other GD songs?

Yeah, just search Green Day misheard lyrics. Some of them are like *criiiiiiiiiiiiiiinge* so bad, though :lol:

I also really like this one. Sort of a pity I can't hear anything but the misheard lyrics now:

When I was younger I used to struggle a lot with the lyrics of AI. Because back them I wasn't fully into music never mind rock or punk, that was the fastest song I had ever been exposed to. The only line that I could catch what Billie was singing was "Don't wanna be an American Idiot!" For the rest of the song I would just make noises that sounded like the words :lol:

The arrogance of youth (and that was the only GD song I knew :lol:)

In Adam's song by Blink-182, to me it sounds like he's saying "I will conquer candy canes 16 just held such better days". I have no idea what he's really saying though :lol:

i never concured rarely came, yeah blink are pretty hard to understand at times.

this guy i know is in a band and i love his songs but no idea what he's saying :lol:

Yeah, just search Green Day misheard lyrics. Some of them are like *criiiiiiiiiiiiiiinge* so bad, though :lol:

I also really like this one. Sort of a pity I can't hear anything but the misheard lyrics now:

Oh my Fink :lol:

They're not all that great, but I liked the "fitness hobby" and "also into cats" parts xD

i never concured rarely came, yeah blink are pretty hard to understand at times.

this guy i know is in a band and i love his songs but no idea what he's saying :lol:

Haha thanks :lol: I had no idea what the hell he was saying.

The rest of the song I can understand, it's just that line.

Open the past and present now that we are there = Open the bastard present!...

Open the past and present now that we are there = Open the bastard present!...

:lol:

Even though I know the real lyrics, I still occasionally hear Britney Spears mentioned somewhere in JOS (well, I heard that only once), and in Basket Case "Am I just paranoid, am I Joss Stone"

When I heard Best Thing In Town for the first time I thought it was "Basket Case down" instead of "Best Thing In Town"... :dry:

Even though I know the real lyrics, I still occasionally hear Britney Spears mentioned somewhere in JOS (well, I heard that only once), and in Basket Case "Am I just paranoid, am I Joss Stone"

:lol: 'am I Joss Stone' made me chuckle.

Me and my friend were singing Waiting while...well, waiting for 2010 and I said dumptruck instead of dumbstruck :lol: I really thought that's what he said haha it didn't occur to me that it made no sense.

I used to think that Billie sang "Nice guys finish last, when you run out of gas" :lol:

Pretty much every Bob Dylan song, Early REM stuff like Gardening At Night. And yeah, my ear is not so fine tuned for lyrics so I don't really get the lyrics ever

For this verse in Replay:

I can be your melody

Oh, girl I could write you a symphony

The one that could fill your fantasies

So come baby girl let´s sing with me

Ay I can be your melody

Oh, girl I could write you a symphony

The one that could fill your fantasies

So come baby girl let´s sing with me

I heard "sing with me" as syngamy until I looked it up just now.

hahaa. Syngamy as in fertilization.

In Coheed and Cambria's Devil in Jersey City, he says: "sweet josephine will you fuck me back home"

i thought he said: "sweet josephine will you follow me back home"

I mean, he does say "sweet josephine will you follow me back home" beforehand, but i thought he repeated.

Apparently not.

:lol:

Me and my friend were singing Waiting while...well, waiting for 2010 and I said dumptruck instead of dumbstruck :lol: I really thought that's what he said haha it didn't occur to me that it made no sense.

That was so funny, haha. But some kid on here said that he thought the same, so I'll letcha loose.

Oh and I thought it was "The brutality of reality, it's our freedom that keeps me from dreaming." But apparently it's "is the freedom, that keeps me from"

I used to think that Billie sang "Nice guys finish last, when you run out of gas" :lol:

I did!!! I only realised when I was reading the lyrics in the Nimrod booklet :lol:

What is he saying then? :ninja:

Archived