Song Lyrics You Misheard / Misunderstood

woo_green_day

I used to hear something else instead of lonely, but it wasn't breaking. Can't remember what.

It happens far more often that I can't even make out anything of what he's saying, nothing, not even wrong words, only syllables that don't string together to words. Or things like haaeeuaahooooo.

brb dying :lol:

what song's that?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It happens far more often that I can't even make out anything of what he's saying, nothing, not even wrong words, only syllables that don't string together to words. Or things like haaeeuaahooooo.

:lol: Yeah, same. The best example for me is 'I Want To Be Alone' when he sings With you around, you'll only add on. It makes me laugh every time I listen to it. It sounds as if he was missing some lyrics and filling gaps with lalalalala faowadhgfsdn;loG WKAJGFUKs.

brb dying :lol:

what song's that?

Half of their discography.

I'm not going to even try to understand some of American Eulogy's lyrics. aha

I don't really think Billie's that difficult to understand.

Fall Out Boy's lyrics are the ones I have issues with.

:lol: Yeah, same. The best example for me is 'I Want To Be Alone' when he sings With you around, you'll only add on. It makes me laugh every time I listen to it. It sounds as if he was missing some lyrics and filling gaps with lalalalala faowadhgfsdn;loG WKAJGFUKs.

Haha same here. I can't understand a lot of what he says in some of the earlier songs.

Lonely. :lol:

Oh gah, really?

I thought it was lazy.

I have a feeling that I have most of the lyrics in my life wrong.

Oh gah, really?

I thought it was lazy.

I have a feeling that I have most of the lyrics in my life wrong.

He does say "lazy" for one part of the song, but after the last verse he says "lonely"

This thread makes me very happy. I always thought that I am the only one who does not understand some songs without reading the lyrics because I am not a native speaker of english. :D

I don't really think Billie's that difficult to understand.

Fall Out Boy's lyrics are the ones I have issues with.

Well, since I'm not a native speaker I sometimes have just no clue what he's saying. I can't even make out words in some song... like in Jaded, it's

"Somebody keep my balance I think I'm falling off" first time I heard the song I just understood something like "Sboy eep ma blanc thin fal of" So yeah, I'm pretty confused sometimes. :lol:

^Even native speakers have problems with figuring out some lyrics so I don't feel bad at all :D It's just the way he sings.

I often have to look up Green Day lyrics on the internet - some are hard to understand. If I hadn't looked up Longview lyrics I wouldn't have a clue what half of them were!

He does say "lazy" for one part of the song, but after the last verse he says "lonely"

Oh. Thanks, haha.

In "Dead!" by MCR I thought at the end he said "If laughing's just a joke, then why are we laughing?" but it's

"If like ain't just a joke, then why are we laughing?"

Oh. Thanks, haha.

In "Dead!" by MCR I thought at the end he said "If laughing's just a joke, then why are we laughing?" but it's

"If like ain't just a joke, then why are we laughing?"

Oh really! I thought it went 'If nobody gets the joke, then why are we laughing?' :lol: I think those lyrics are better.

Oh really! I thought it went 'If nobody gets the joke, then why are we laughing?' :lol: I think those lyrics are better.

Hahaha I like that. Gerard can be so hard to understand too :)

I could swear he says "If life ain't just a joke, then why are we laughing?"

Holiday by Green Day:

When I heard it in 6th grade I thought he was saying "I beg to dream and differ from the hollow rise"

I didn't know what the hell that was but I would just sing it as that anyways :blink:

Slave 4 U by Britney Spears:

When I was little and I heard this.. I thought the line "Baby, don't you wanna dance upon me to another time and place?"

I originally heard "Baby, don't you wanna dance up on me to another diamond place?" :blink:

Holiday by Green Day:

When I heard it in 6th grade I thought he was saying "I beg to dream and differ from the hollow rise"

I didn't know what the hell that was but I would just sing it as that anyways :blink:

Don't worry; I used to hear "I bet you true men get that from the hall of lies". :lol:

Don't worry; I used to hear "I bet you true men get that from the hall of lies". :lol:

That's lyric is actually pretty cool :lol:

That's lyric is actually pretty cool :lol:

Very contradicting though :lol:

I could swear he says "If life ain't just a joke, then why are we laughing?"

Yeah, that's right.

I often have to look up Green Day lyrics on the internet - some are hard to understand. If I hadn't looked up Longview lyrics I wouldn't have a clue what half of them were!

lol i have to do that sometimes ha :D

Oh, if you really wanna mess up your lyrics, watch videos like this

God, I don't even try to understand I Want To Be Alone :lol:

Archived