Song Lyrics You Misheard / Misunderstood

woo_green_day

While listening to Metallica's cover of Die, Die My Darling I thought he said "Don't cry tomato baby" when it actually is "Don't to me oh baby"

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was listening to Rotting [y'know, the Green Day song] today and instead of hearing "tumours in my head", I heard "tubas in my head" o_O

OMG I've just discovered I've always thought that in RHCP song 'Dani California' is black banana, sweet Louisiana instead of black bandanna, sweet Louisiana. :lol: :lol: :lol: LMFAO

OMG I've just discovered I've always thought that in RHCP song 'Dani California' is black banana, sweet Louisiana instead of black bandanna, sweet Louisiana. :lol: :lol: :lol: LMFAO

lolol black banana.

In the Snow (Hey Oh) song by RHCP I thought he sang ''Deep beneath the cover of a another perfect wonder when it's so while it snows'' instead of ''where it's so white as snow.''

Another stupid one; when I first listened to The Sharpest Lives by MCR, when it says "So why don't you blow me a kiss before she goes" I heard "So why don't you blow me or kiss me on the nose". I was like wtf? :blink:

:lol: I'm gonna think that next time I listen to that song.

The Prince song Get On The Boat, has the lyric "What's the harm in listening to the humble words we say?"

One day, for some reason, I heard the lyrics as "What's the harm in listening to the hobbo words we say?" I was like :huh: I think I did a double take. hahaha.

In "Waiting" when Billie sings "Feeling, on the tip of my tongue" I thought he said something about keeping a towel on (when we all know it should be off :eyebrows:). I finally looked up the real lyrics about a week ago. xD I always mishear lyrics, and then once I learn the real words, it's hard to get it right because I'm so used to singing what I had originally heard. :/

In "Waiting" when Billie sings "Feeling, on the tip of my tongue" I thought he said something about keeping a towel on (when we all know it should be off :eyebrows:). I finally looked up the real lyrics about a week ago. xD I always mishear lyrics, and then once I learn the real words, it's hard to get it right because I'm so used to singing what I had originally heard. :/

your avi is freakin hilarious.

lol in the song Jaded, which i love, I thought when I first heard it the lyrics were...well, honestly I couldn't tell what the lyrics were:

"Somebody keep my bounce

I think i wanna naaahuhh"

and that in the song "Big Yellow Taxi" the line is "put up a parking lot" but I always thought the dude was saying "pull up a fuckin la.." and i was so confused and wondering why it wasnt bleeped out on the radio.

...wtf? I was listening to the radio, not actively or anything, just for background music, and I swear I heard the lyrics "Billie uses lavatory"

I don't know what song it was or anything, but I'm fairly sure that those aren't the real lyrics.

I remember when I was 12 or 13, I used to think the line from Jaded "Going straight will get you nowhere" meant that Billie was gay :lol: :lol:

I remember when I was 12 or 13, I used to think the line from Jaded "Going straight will get you nowhere" meant that Billie was gay :lol: :lol:

Omg :rolleyes::lol:

I think it was Jackson 5's 'I Want You Back', that I misheard something.(Actually, there are a bunch of other songs that I've misheard, but I can't remember them at the moment. :P)

'Tear-stains on the ground' I thought he said, 'Pit-stains on the ground'

I was like, "Ugh! Wtf?"

In Mother Mary, i thought they said "as long as sweden sticks together" instead of "as long as we will stick together" And i was so mad, because i wanted them to sing about norway too! :D

and in The Grouch ..

I heard: I was a young boy in acting class

real lyrics: I was a young boy that had big plans.

and i keep saying The Grudge instead of The Grouch!

Haha, my friend thought that it was "Dumptruck, color me stupid" instead of "Dumbstruck, color me stupid"

I laughed. :)

Haha, my friend thought that it was "Dumptruck, color me stupid" instead of "Dumbstruck, color me stupid"

I laughed. :)

I always thought that too. I was like, "Wait, that doesn't make sense..."

EDIT: Actually, I thought it said "Dumptruck, calling me stupid", which is even weirder XD.

Actually, I thought it said "Dumptruck, calling me stupid", which is even weirder XD.

That's hilarious :lol:

Was out walking with my ipod the other day and I heard "Your slug is a can of fire" instead of the usual "Your slogans a gun for hire" in Viva La Gloria. I stopped dead in my tracks when I realized it and started laughing loudly in the middle of the street.

In Longview, "When masturbation's lost its fun you're fucking _____."

breaking? What does he say here? :unsure:

In Longview, "When masturbation's lost its fun you're fucking _____."

breaking? What does he say here? :unsure:

Lonely. :lol:

Haha, it says "You're fucking breaking" on GDA. wtf? :lol:

... lonely doesn't sound like breaking :huh:

When i first heard KFAD live in Biab, i understood ''always look on the backside of life', i was like 'i like the way you've changed that.. ohh you haven't? oops'. xD

... lonely doesn't sound like breaking :huh:

True, but it's Billie singing :rolleyes:

I listened to that part more carefully and yeah, you can definitely hear 'lonely' instead of 'breaking'. So how come people confuse it?

I've listened to it trying to hear breaking, but i keep hearing the 'lo..' and then the guitars come in.

Aye, he isn't the clearest of singers

I used to hear something else instead of lonely, but it wasn't breaking. Can't remember what.

It happens far more often that I can't even make out anything of what he's saying, nothing, not even wrong words, only syllables that don't string together to words. Or things like haaeeuaahooooo.

Archived