Song Lyrics You Misheard / Misunderstood

woo_green_day

When I listen Ramones' Listen to My Heart it really sounds like Joey sings "Next time I lift to Mars", when he actually sings "Next time I'll listen to my heart".

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in st. jimmy when billie sings "king of the 40 thieves.."

i ALWAYS thought it was "king of the pointy things"

figured that out recently

You know the christmas song "Dominick the Donkey" ?

I thought it was dominate the donkey when I first heard it. :blink: glad I was wrong

In the song Underground by Gob, I thought Tom sang "You don't realize I'm venomous, you'll fall in laughter hearing this" but it's really "You don't realize I'm venomous, you'll fall ill after hearing this"

My Mum and Dad thought "Christian's Inferno" was actually "Big Shit Inferno"

LMAOLMAOLMAO. :lol:

in st. jimmy when billie sings "king of the 40 thieves.."

i ALWAYS thought it was "king of the pointy things"

figured that out recently

:lol: I think I'm gonna sing it like this from now on.

Somebody to Love by Queen, I thought it was 'I need somebody to love,' but it's 'Find me somebody to love.'

Not really funny, but it bugs me because I still sing along with it the other way.

In Billy Talent's Red Flag, instead of "cast off the crutch that kills the pain," my friend thought it was "kick in the crotch don't kill the pain."

Blitzkrieg Bop, a couple people I know (myself included) thought they were saying "Let's drink pop."

Oh, and does someone know what Feist sings in that song 1234 in the chorus? I was watching some dumb MuchMusic show a while ago, and there was this bit called Misheard Lyrics (no explanation necessary). They jokingly write that she sings "Those teenage whoes, they tease and they lie." Ever since, that's what I always think when I hear the song, but somehow I doubt that's it lol.

Y'know Fall Out Boy's This Ain't A Scene ? The chorus reeeally sounds like "I'm a little man, and I'm oh so evil, also into cats". Wasn't me that noticed that but if you listen it actually does :lol:

Ha, I always thought they were saying "I believe in Ben, lasso weavil, also into cats!" Well, that's what I thought I heard, I figured that it MUST be something else, because that is just messed up lol. :huh:

Brain Stew.

"No rest for crosstops in my mind" really sounds like

"No rest for cough drops in my mind.."

:lol:

Oh my god I love my mother and her inability to hear what the lyrics are. :lol:

Rock the Casbah was on the radio, my mum sings along.

"rock the dancefloor, rock the dancefloor"

"ehm, mum, it's casbah, not dancefloor"

"What? rock the kerstman?" (kerstman is the Dutch name for Santa)

LOL OMG

My little sister keeps singing "I need a wax" or "I need a vet" instead of "I need a fix" from Spike. :lol:

LOL, I need a wax.

I used to think that "under the summer rain" in Summer Shudder by AFI was "I never saw Lorraine."

Whenever I listened to that song, I always pictured Lorraine from MadTV...until I looked at the lyrics and was like "oh..."

I always pictured Lorraine from MadTV...until I looked at the lyrics and was like "oh..." :lol:

I love her.

In Homecoming theres a line that goes: "What's your pleasure, what is your pain? Do you dream to much? Do you think what you need is a crutch?"

And I always understand: "What're they playing to wedding champagne? Do you dream to much? Damn me, what you need is a crutch.

In Billy Talent's Red Flag, instead of "cast off the crutch that kills the pain," my friend thought it was "kick in the crotch don't kill the pain."

Blitzkrieg Bop, a couple people I know (myself included) thought they were saying "Let's drink pop."

Oh, and does someone know what Feist sings in that song 1234 in the chorus? I was watching some dumb MuchMusic show a while ago, and there was this bit called Misheard Lyrics (no explanation necessary). They jokingly write that she sings "Those teenage whoes, they tease and they lie." Ever since, that's what I always think when I hear the song, but somehow I doubt that's it lol.

Haha no that's a little bit off from what she's singing.

My little sister keeps singing "I need a wax" or "I need a vet" instead of "I need a fix" from Spike. :lol:

I always heard "I need a bet"

Another stupid one; when I first listened to The Sharpest Lives by MCR, when it says "So why don't you blow me a kiss before she goes" I heard "So why don't you blow me or kiss me on the nose". I was like wtf? :blink:

I have another MCR one too, in I Don't Love You, where it's supposed to be "Sometimes I cry so card from pleading", I thought it was "Sometimes I cry so hard from bleeding".. maybe that would have been possible as well.. :/

My cousin was listening to Jonas Brothers at my nan's house.

In Burning Up, Joe's like "I'm fast, so fast"

My nan heard it as "I'm fat, so fat"

So she said to me "What odd lyrics to put in a love song."

Archived