Song Lyrics You Misheard / Misunderstood

woo_green_day

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
in "the static age" when billie sing "all i want to do is i want to breathe" i get "all i want to do is a 1,2,3...:" weird i know but i don't know XD

I thought the same for a while, in fact, I find myself singing that sometimes :lol:

in "the static age" when billie sing "all i want to do is i want to breathe" i get "all i want to do is a 1,2,3...:" weird i know but i don't know XD

The first time I heard Longview, I heard: "I'm so damn bored, I'll grow a beard." instead of "I'm going blind."

:lol: These, for some reason, made me laugh unreasonably hard.

I had to look up the lyrics to She Wolf. I couldnt make out anything she was saying/singing. Her voice is nice but its like her own language.

My mom was convinced "Murder City" was Motor City. In When I Come Around, I thought it was "The time that makes the world go round" Holiday, I thought went, "Hear the sounds of the falling rain, coming down on an armorred cannon flame." I thought American Idiot was, "We're not the ones who're meant to follow, convincing them to walk you." On the last chorus of Longview I thought it went, "I'm so damn bored I'm going blind, and none of this has changed my mind, Bite my lip and close my eyes I was dripping away in Paradise Smell like shit, I'm going blind but it's just a myth." Hitchin A Ride I thought was," You know I cannot hide about the way that I am Hitchin' A Ride." "A knocked out dragged out fight, Relevance had all been won." Also Only of You I thought the first line was, "I wish I could tell you, when the words would come around." "I'm not part of your relief, I'm just all right." Lastly, Basket Case I just used to butcher, "Do you have the time to listen to me whine about nothing and everything all air once" "I went to a shrink to analyze my drinks" "Sometimes my mom plays tricks on me" "Am I just paranoid, am I just owned."

Hahaha, I actually get the big shits inferno thing, the first time he says it in the first 2 choruses it sounds so much like that! And turnip boy :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
And then in "Christian's Inferno" when Billie sings, "I am the chosen one" it doesn't sound ANYTHING like "chosen" when I listen to it.....LOL

Me too! I always understand: "I am the charmin' one."

My sister thought for a while he's singing instead of "Christian's Inferno" - "Big shitty fairy town". :lol:

I ALWAYS thought that in EJN instead of "I threw my crutches in the river of a shadow of doubt", Billie Joe sang "I do my crunches..."

I sang that for the longest time until I read the lyrics :lol:

I mean, it still sound like that to me!

Blinded by the light. I'm pretty sure that guy has some douche themed issues going on.

Thanks to this thread, I cannot listen to Christian's Inferno without thinking, "three shits inferno."

So, thank you.

In boulevard of broken dreams, my cousin instead hearing I walk a lonely road he undestood I want it lovely wolf xD

Y'know Fall Out Boy's This Ain't A Scene ? The chorus reeeally sounds like "I'm a little man, and I'm oh so evil, also into cats". Wasn't me that noticed that but if you listen it actually does :lol:

My little sister thought that when KYE was just out, the line: do you know your enemy, was: I came on the Internet :ermm:

I think she has a hearing issue :lol:

Y'know Fall Out Boy's This Ain't A Scene ? The chorus reeeally sounds like "I'm a little man, and I'm oh so evil, also into cats". Wasn't me that noticed that but if you listen it actually does :lol:

I thought in Supermodel Robots it was "Let's be a junkie funky." instead of "Lesbian junkie funky"

my mom thought that "eight days a week" was "say, say louie" :rolleyes:

LucfKdukf10

Love this.

ahahaha!!!

omg I love that!!

:lol:

In Take Back, instead of hearing "so take back" I heard "so tight, bleckh".

I'm like what the hell is he talking about? :lol:

well i didnt miss hear it..my friend did.

in welcome to paradise, instead of- pay attention to the cracked streets and the broken homes, she thought it was broken gnomes. :D

On Should I stay or Should I go my father heard Sugar Babe or sugar bowl, and in American Idiot instead for that's enough to argue he heard for that's Enar who hurt you

I thought in Supermodel Robots it was "Let's be a junkie funky." instead of "Lesbian junkie funky"

This! ahaha. :lol: I've been singing that for years.

I think that in Blood Sex and Booze instead hearing another lesson to be learned from a girl called kill I heart Another lesson to be learned from a great coktail xD

Well I remembered another one I missheared, but it's not funny actually.

It's the American Idiot song, where he sings "Information age of hysteria" - I always heard: "Information nation hysteria!"

Well as I said not funny!

:whistling:

My cousin: I am a nation without bearacratic (sp) ties = I am an asian without beauracratic ties XD

And someone on the GD thread though EJN said 'paint fanatics' instead of faith fanatics, lollerblades.

well i didnt miss hear it..my friend did.

in welcome to paradise, instead of- pay attention to the cracked streets and the broken homes, she thought it was broken gnomes. :D

Wait, it's not?

Shit....

Archived