Song Lyrics You Misheard / Misunderstood

woo_green_day

I was listening to 21CB in the car today and my mom turned up the volume when Peacemake came on since she loves that song. Well I was singing along to it and she tried but didn't know all of the lyrics. After the "Vendetta, sweet vendetta, the baretta of the night" part came on she asked me why he was singing about canilla. she thought it was "the smell of, of sweet canilla." :lol:

ps. canilla is a kind of vanilla flavor (I think spanish?)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always thought it was "Spilling my guitar" in Suffocate instead of "Spilling my guts underneath my puke."

It really does sound like guitar :lol:

first listened to Whatsername

"I'll never turn back time, forgetting you but not retired" :lol: I felt like such a dufus for thinking even that once

When I first heard 3OH!3's 'Don't trust Me" I thought the singer was singing "Because a hobo won't trust me". Don't ask me how I heard that, because there's too many syllables. xD

That Jason Mraz song, I'm Yours? I thought it was "Open up your pants and damn your free" rather than "Open up your plans".

lol, just listening to radiohead - no surprises and instead of singing "..such a pretty house.." for some reason, "..such a pretty ass.." popped into my head.

:lol:

at Christian's Inferno when billie sings "this bitter pill is chased with blood" i always understand "this bitter pill is jason white" :blink: which really makes no sense but that's what i hear :lol:

I was talking to a friend about green day songs the other day, she said "OMG I love that 'turnip boy' song!!!"

I was like 'WTF whats the turnip boy song?"

She starts singing "Another turnip boy a fork stuck in the road..."

Turns out the song was 'time of your life :P" haha

I thought it was pretty funny!

Now that I listen to "Christian's Inferno," I can actually hear "Three shit's inferno." xD

I was talking to a friend about green day songs the other day, she said "OMG I love that 'turnip boy' song!!!"

I was like 'WTF whats the turnip boy song?"

She starts singing "Another turnip boy a fork stuck in the road..."

Turns out the song was 'time of your life :P" haha

I thought it was pretty funny!

bahahaha i actually laughed out loud.

so literally....LOL.

i used to think in hitchin a ride when it says "fermented semonella poision..." that it said "I meant to tell my mailing boy..."

and in walking contradiction when it says "Im a victim of catch 22" I thought it said "I beg to mum, thats what I do"

In 'East Jesus Nowhere,' instead of "And I'll be dressed up in my Sunday best," my brother heard, "And I'll be dressed up in my Sunday pants."

Now that I listen to "Christian's Inferno," I can actually hear "Three shit's inferno." xD

This. And sometimes I hear 'fishsticks inferno', etc. After reading some of the things people say on this thread I can actually hear the misheard lyrics in the songs.

In Android, for the line, "It keeps my head spinning around," I heard, "It keeps my husband in the room."

Seriously. Listen to it. It sounds just like it. :lol:

LMFAO I heard 'It keeps my husband around!" I was like...he has a husband O_o

Ah Green Day noobness.

In 'East Jesus Nowhere,' instead of "And I'll be dressed up in my Sunday best," my brother heard, "And I'll be dressed up in my Sunday pants."

I always thought it was "Sunday vest" :lol:

That Jason Mraz song, I'm Yours? I thought it was "Open up your pants and damn your free" rather than "Open up your plans".

:lol: Knowing Mraz, he would so sing that too! :D

I obviously hadn't looked at my American Idiot liner notes in a while, because for years, in Letterbomb, I thought the lyric "the town bishop's an extortionist, and he don't even know that you exist" was "the television's an extortionist, and it don't even know that you exist"...and frankly I think that line could also be very true! :lol:

nirvana - smells like teen spirit...... in the chorus where kurt sings "here we are now, entertain us" i always get "here we are now,in containers" :blink:

nirvana - smells like teen spirit...... in the chorus where kurt sings "here we are now, entertain us" i always get "here we are now,in containers" :blink:

ahaha....woo in containers!

DAMN YOU FALL OUT BOY!

I was listening to From Under The Cork Tree the other night, since I hadn't in like forever.

And I really realized that Patrick Stump pretty much garbles certain lyrics.

In "Champagne for My Real Friends..." I could have sworn they say, "just because we moved Eunice" and I was like :blink: who's Eunice?!

And then in "I Slept With Someone in Fall Out Boy And All I Got..." I thought it was "Take cover, Rita!" instead of "don't cover it up" in the chorus.

Gah!

In Homecoming when Billie sings' "I started fuckin' runnin' just as soon as my feet touch ground" I had NO IDEA what he was saying there so at the "as my feet touch ground" part I thought he was saying something was "a piece of crap" instead. :lol: Idk...

And then in "Christian's Inferno" when Billie sings, "I am the chosen one" it doesn't sound ANYTHING like "chosen" when I listen to it.....LOL

• 3 weeks later...

in "the static age" when billie sing "all i want to do is i want to breathe" i get "all i want to do is a 1,2,3...:" weird i know but i don't know XD

Archived