Song Lyrics You Misheard / Misunderstood

woo_green_day

^ LOL.

In the song Android, I always think Billie sings "it keeps my husband in the ground" instead of "it keeps my head spinning around."

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL alice :lol:

I've never really had trouble understanding lyrics, but my dad' versions of songs are hilarious.

My dad does that too. But he kinda mocks Green Day when he does it. Like, my ringtone is The Static Age. Everytime it goes off, my dad sings along, saying "I can't breathe through my nose" instead of "I can't see a thing in the video". He said Billie sounds like he has a stuffy nose whenever he sings. :mad: If he hears them on the radio, he'll sing along while holding his nose shut.

My dad does that too. But he kinda mocks Green Day when he does it. Like, my ringtone is The Static Age. Everytime it goes off, my dad sings along, saying "I can't breathe through my nose" instead of "I can't see a thing in the video". He said Billie sounds like he has a stuffy nose whenever he sings. :mad: If he hears them on the radio, he'll sing along while holding his nose shut.
your dad is awesome. :lol:

^ LOL.

In the song Android, I always think Billie sings "it keeps my husband in the ground" instead of "it keeps my head spinning around."

:lol:

Hahaha, I hear the same thing! That's awesome!

Hahaha, I hear the same thing! That's awesome!

Omg that's way cool :D

In ¿Viva La Gloria?, I always thought it said "run away, from the headlights to the street" instead of "from the river to the street." I have a hard time understanding him at all in some of the 21CB songs, for some reason :/

A long time ago I always thought that the lyrics from Longview, "I locked the door to my own cell" was "I locked the door to my hotel" LOL

Omg, that's funny! My friend Sarah, her brother thought something similar except he thought that he was singing, "It keeps my husband in the room" instead. And it DOES sound like that too! xD Now everytime I hear that part, that's the lyrics I have in my head instead and I'm like, "Wait....no!" :lol:

My parents are still together unfortunately....

but my cousin just divorced her cheating bastard of a husband

Omg that's way cool :D

In ¿Viva La Gloria?, I always thought it said "run away, from the headlights to the street" instead of "from the river to the street." I have a hard time understanding him at all in some of the 21CB songs, for some reason :/

I sing this sometimes! :lol:

I always hear in 21st century breakdown that BJ says 'The scars in my ass' when he really says 'scars on my hands'.

in fall out boy's cover of beat it by michael jackson, i thought patrick was just singing "penis" over and over.

in fall out boy's cover of beat it by michael jackson, i thought patrick was just singing "penis" over and over.

I knew I wasn't the only one! Srsly, his voice grates on me.

In JOS, my sister confused "I don't care, if you don't" with "I want a cat, do you too?"

In the song 'Bad Moon Rising' by CCR, when it says "there's a bad moon on the rise", I thought he was saying "there's a bathroom on the right". And in 'Down on the Corner' by the same band, I thought he was saying "you don't need a pinhead" when he's really saying "you don't need a penny".

When I was still in middle school we were listening to the 7th graders sing their songs in chorus, and they were singing some song called 'Mary Stranger', I think. And in the beginning they say "I am a go-in' over Jordan". Me and my friend thought they were saying "I am a goat".

In JOS, my sister confused "I don't care, if you don't" with "I want a cat, do you too?"

I laughed so hard reading this, soda almost came out my nose, it hurt. lol :D

I used to think that the line from "Nice Guys Finish Last" was You're so full of crap you might break your spine instead of Don't pat yourself on the back, you might break your spine.

The number one misheard Green Day lyric for me, which someone else has posted already, forgot who, is "I drink a six pack of vodka a day" (actual line: I drank a six pack of apathy) from The Grouch. Probably the second on the list would be "eliquidated as a state" (actual line: He liquidated his estate) from Misery.

That happens to me all the time, but mostly with songs on my language.

That happens to me all the time, but mostly with songs on my language.

This is what i thought for certian lyircs

"On the pages of the toliet tree" Instead of "The pages are all torn and frayed" I'm not okay MCR

"I've never strayed to far from the salad bar" instead of "I've never strayed to far from the sidewalk" Because of you kelly clarkson

"This glue is getting me high" instead of "This blue" Marilyn Manson heart shaped glasses

This thread is hilarious!

When my mum heard Christian's Inferno, in the chorus part she was like 'whats he saying?' So I told her "Christians inferno" and she was like:

'oh, okay... I swear it sounded like he was saying "three shits in paradise"'

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL :lol: wtf

I've never confused the lyrics.. but in Boston's "Peace of Mind" it always sounds like he's saying "All I want is to have my piece of pie" instead of "All I want is to have my peace of mind."

I also think it sounds like he's saying "But I don't care about the FBI" instead of "But I don't care if I get behind."

Also, my friend's grandmother heard that one song that's all "My heart is damaged/so how you gonna fix it?" And she thought it was saying "I want a sandwich, how you gonna fix it?"

I've never confused the lyrics.. but in Boston's "Peace of Mind" it always sounds like he's saying "All I want is to have my piece of pie" instead of "All I want is to have my peace of mind."

I also think it sounds like he's saying "But I don't care about the FBI" instead of "But I don't care if I get behind."

Also, my friend's grandmother heard that one song that's all "My heart is damaged/so how you gonna fix it?" And she thought it was saying "I want a sandwich, how you gonna fix it?"

oh god.... :D with everything please ( thinks of ham and cheese sandwhich)

I knew I wasn't the only one! Srsly, his voice grates on me.

i love fall out boy, haha. i just don't like that cover very much :]

In Homecoming, I thought it was "Waste another ear flies by" it really does sound like ear.

And in Extraordinary Girl I thought it was "Like a bed left in the rain"

I had the lyrics booklet and everything, I just never bothered to check.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I was just about to post the EXACT SAME THING! I am in tears here laughing at the fact that my mom was not the only person who thought this. :lol: :lol: :lol: I mean, I even had my post all typed up, and then I happened to look up at the beginning of the page and saw your post! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So tell your mom another mom in Ohio made the same mistake!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats pretty fuckin' rad

My mum thought the chorus of Longview was "I'm so damn bored and doing farts" :lol:

Archived