Song Lyrics You Misheard / Misunderstood

woo_green_day

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"I just saw the rage of love" :laugh:

Lmao i used to think that was "Im the son of Rachel off" i had no idea what it meant :lol: and in St Jimmy when i first heard it i swear he says "Like a Nigger on a phone" I was like wtf?! Billie is racist?

And in BOBD Yeah i too thought he said summat along the lines of "Sometimes i wish a Mama Bear would find me" :lol:

in "nobody likes you, everyone left you they're all out without you having fun"

i though they said

"nobody likes you, everyone loves you, they're all out without you having fun"

i was like wtf?XD

i also thought in BOBD they sang "sometimes i wish someone up there would find me". like god or somethin. idk xD

AND in ejn; "the silence of the gay".. it really is "the sirens of decay"

i have no idea why but my boyfriend googled the lyrics for that madonna(?) song "push the button", and on these lyric sites they always advertise ringtones underneath, so he sang "push the button, don't push the button, change the channel, don't change the station, love this song, get the..." haha.

and the other day, maroon 5, "darkness is all i see" became "doctor i cannot see".

I always thought in Waiting it said 'Calling me stupid', but according to some person's sig it says 'Colour me stupid'. :o

When I first heard the song Platypus(I Hate You) I thought I heard "ay ay poo poo" instead of "red eye code blue".

I still giggle to this day when I hear it because I always hear it the first way I misunderstood it without even trying.

^In that song I always thought it sounded like he was saying "Cuz achoo" instead of "Cuz I hate you"

^In that song I always thought it sounded like he was saying "Cuz achoo" instead of "Cuz I hate you"

Lol, in Static Age it sometimes sounds like "Screaming achoo" instead of "Screaming at you."

I used to mess up "ultraviolent" for "ultraviolet" in Pulling Teeth.

Lol, in Static Age it sometimes sounds like "Screaming achoo" instead of "Screaming at you."

I used to mess up "ultraviolent" for "ultraviolet" in Pulling Teeth.

Hehe, I always say "screaming achoo" when I sing along :D

AND in ejn; "the silence of the gay".. it really is "the sirens of decay"

HAHA. Oh dear.

This one isn't funny...sorry. :/ In Paper Lanterns when he sings "And it puts my heart to the test," I always hear "and it puts my heart to rest."

lol this is pretty sad... but in 'American idiot' when I first heard it i though when he sang 'dont wanna be an american idiot'.... well i heard it as 'don't wanna be an american in a yatch' lol I honestly don't know how i managed to translate it into that though haha... now i know better! lolz

in platypus i hate you i used to hear Cuz i eat shit,cus i cheat and cuz i aye cheee

Guest Billy

I actually have two Clash songs, from when I was little.

Everyone knows the song Rock the Casbah; well, when I was little my dad listened to them a lot, he's a huge clash fan. So, as I listened to them, I thought the song was, "rock the catbox, rock the catbox." I always wondered why someone would want to touch a kitty litter box.

Then, also, when I was little I heard the song I Fought Law. Now as a United States citizen, my dialect is very different from someone from England. So, I had to decipher the lyrics. So for a while, I thought the song was, "I fought the lion, and the lion won."

^Heh. I always thought it was rock the catbox too.

When I first heard F.O.D. for some reason I thought it said "Stuck down in a rut, I miss my chicken Spud" instead of "Stuck down in a rut of dislogic and smut".

lol my hearing seems to be fucked up yes?

When hearing Beyonce's Single Ladies (Ring on It) song on the radio all the time,

I thought she said

"If you don't like it then you shoulda put on a rain bonnet"

when it's actually:

"If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it."

I never actually "listened" to this song, because it was always in the background,

So I never thought twice about thinking that those were the real lyrics. :P

When my mum heard Christian's Inferno, in the chorus part she was like 'whats he saying?' So I told her "Christians inferno" and she was like:

'oh, okay... I swear it sounded like he was saying "three shits in paradise"'

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I always hear in 21st century breakdown that BJ says 'The scars in my ass' when he really says 'scars on my hands'.

When my mum heard Christian's Inferno, in the chorus part she was like 'whats he saying?' So I told her "Christians inferno" and she was like:

'oh, okay... I swear it sounded like he was saying "three shits in paradise"'

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I was just about to post the EXACT SAME THING! I am in tears here laughing at the fact that my mom was not the only person who thought this. :lol: :lol: :lol: I mean, I even had my post all typed up, and then I happened to look up at the beginning of the page and saw your post! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So tell your mom another mom in Ohio made the same mistake!

In KYE, i thought the "from me to eternity" was "fuck me to eternity" sorry --'

In KYE, i thought the "from me to eternity" was "fuck me to eternity" sorry --'

LOL alice :lol:

I've never really had trouble understanding lyrics, but my dad' versions of songs are hilarious.

I always hear in 21st century breakdown that BJ says 'The scars in my ass' when he really says 'scars on my hands'.

That made me LOL !

Oh dear.

I thought for the longest time that the words in Fashion Victim Were "at the dog and police show..." rather than "at the dog and pony show..."

and a LONG tme ago I thought it said "You auctioned off your life, For the most expensive bride" rather than "You auctioned off your life, For the most expensive price"

I felt really dumb when I actually figured out the real lyrics, it made so much more sense.

And when I was really little, according to my mom; I used to sing The Beatles "Can't buy me love" but I would say "can't bobby love!" :D

I wont even begin to explain all the wrong things I heard trying to understand Nirvana.

For a long time I thought the line in Tumbling Dice by the Rolling Stones was "there's fever in the fuck house now" instead of "there's fever in the funk house now." And in American Idiot, I thought "all across the alienation" was "all across the idiot nation". I just recently found out that it wasn't idiot nation because I just figured it made sense.

When I first heard Extraordinary Girl, I thought it was "she gets so sick of Brian" instead of "she gets so sick of cryin'"

Archived