Song Lyrics You Misheard / Misunderstood

woo_green_day

I had a stupid thought a couple of months ago.

My friend and I were talking about how I didn't like Economics at school. During the conversation, I said:

"Yeah, like who gives a shit about the economy!" :blink: Forgetting about the whole economic crisis and everything.

Man, I felt so dumb after :lol:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I always hear "no thank you" instead of "i hate you" in Platypus. I just can't hear Billie saying that...

better than what i used to this it was: "cuz you're shit" instead of "cuz i hate you"

i have no idea how i came up with that.

and the first couple times i heard walking contradiction: "My wallet's fat and so is my aunt" instead of "my wallet's fat and so is my head".

:rolleyes:

um, i rarely misunderstand lyrics, but in The Offspring's song "You're Gonna Go Far Kid", i heard.

"Now dance, fuck her tits."

when in reality it says

"Now dance, fucker dance."

- in Whats My Age Again, i though he was saying I woke alone to get the feeling right instead of I wore cologne to get the feeling right

-instead of

I'm jealous of everybody in the room

Please don't look at me with those eyes

Please don't hint that you're capable of lies

I dread the thought of our very first kiss

A target that i'm probably gonna miss - in First date instead of this, i thought it was:

Im just off everybody in the room

Please do look at me with those lies

please dont kick that your capable of lies

I felt the thought of our very first kiis

i told dad that im probably gonna miss

- in Letterbomb, i thought it was: we're out for, the bastards gone, the underbelly lacks the ten lie, instead of:Where have all the bastards gone?The underbelly stacks up ten high

- in Whats My Age Again, i thought he was saying I woke alone to get the feeling right instead of I wore cologne to get the feeling right

hehehe, I thought that too :lol: then I was like, eh? wtf :huh:

In that Lady GaGa Pokerface song (it's ALWAYS on the radio and it doesn't help where I live only has two music radio stations) I thought she said 'carry my carry my' but it's 'can't read my can't read my pokerface' which makes alot more sense.

my partner thought that in the rancid song the wars end lars frederiksen was singing "little sammy was a prawn cracker" insteaad of " little sammy was a punk rocker"

1000 Hours

What i heard- uh bit**ur widow(not window widow)i see a shallow sillohuette of ur greece :blink:

Actual song- up at ur window i see a shadow sillohuette of ur grace......

its just that Billie says up at ur window like up atcha window so it sound like the b word... some of Green Days old songs Billie just doesnt say it clear enough, so i hav to look up the lyrics to see wut they actually say..... :dry:

Ummmm.. Ok here goes....

Forget me knots: forgive me, nuts

Now everybody do the propaganda: now everybody cheer for propaganda

Apathy has rained on me: I just peed, it rained on me

Take back: dike's back

Pictures, sounds of moving insects so surreal, lay around, looks like I found something new: Picturing sounds, of soothing insest, so surreal, lay around, looks like I found something new

Sodapop and Ritalin: sweat and pop, come ride along

I declare I don't care no more: I'm cheap and I don't care no more

Rage and love, the story of my life: Rachael Of, the story of my life

Wiping the tears from her eyes: wiping matches from her eyes

Give me a novacaine: give me another cane (before I read the title of course, haha)

Really weird I know! But I am deaf when it comes to listening to a song for the first time, haha!!!!!!!

Apathy has rained on me: I just peed, it rained on me

Take back: dike's back

Wiping the tears from her eyes: wiping matches from her eyes

LOL

I do that all the time, lol. If I don't know the words, I just kinda mumble, and start singing loudly again once the words I do know kick back in.

Man! I do that exact same thing all the time too, especialy with green day songs cuz not only do the words of green day make me feel like the coolest person on the planet when I sing them but I feel like such a fuck when I forget or don't know some green day lyrics! Hahaha

• 7 months later...

in BOBD when he says "check my vital signs" you might think he says "bital signs"

and in whatsername,in the 1st verse, he says "I made a point to burn all the POTOGRAPHS"

ahh, on the stupid thoughts note, i always end up thinking of something really funny thats happened when im by myself on the bus or metro or something, then i start laughing and people think im a bit of a nutter...

I don't know why, but for some dumb reason when I first heard 'Holiday' I thought they were saying "I bet you true men get that from the hall of lies".

A lot of sense THAT makes. :ermm:

i think too many stupid thoughts. some being "i wonder how many pickle slices i can put in my mouth so i dont have to come back to the fridge?" or "i wonder what it would feel like to jump out of a moving car?" (obviously it would hurt)

ahh, on the stupid thoughts note, i always end up thinking of something really funny thats happened

You're not alone :whistling:

Oh man there is just too many to comment! :lol: But Green Day is definitely on the list for misunderstandings! I have to read the lyrics all the time so i know what the words are and so i can memorize it! :)

in boulevard of broken dreams when billie sings "I walk alone" i thought he sang "I wore cologne"

:lol:

I don't know why, but for some dumb reason when I first heard 'Holiday' I thought they were saying "I bet you true men get that from the hall of lies".

A lot of sense THAT makes. :ermm:

^ i thought that too, well, the hall of lies bit :D =P

Y'know the part in Holiday, the ''kill all the fags that don't agree!'' part?

Well I heard, and still hear ''donut cream!''.

Y'know the part in Holiday, the ''kill all the fags that don't agree!'' part?

Well I heard, and still hear ''donut cream!''.

Haha! It kinda sounds like that though :lol:

In Jesus Of Suburbia, I used to hear 'So I popped the riddle and...' instead of 'Soda pop and Ritalin...' :lol:

Edit: I just thought of another one. Back when I first heard Letterbomb, I thought Billie was singing 'where will all the mourners go when the fire scares itself?' xD

I swear to God the first time I heard BOBD I thought it said, "sometimes I wish a polar bear would find me."

:lol:

Edit: I just thought of another one. Back when I first heard Letterbomb, I thought Billie was singing 'where will all the mourners go when the fire scares itself?' xD

Oh my god, I used to think it was ''when the fire scares itself'' aswell! :lol:

Archived