Song Lyrics You Misheard / Misunderstood

woo_green_day

In Love Like Winter by AFI the part 'Warn your warmth to turn away...', I thought it was 'Warn you off to turn away...'

and in Wake Up by the Living End, the 'sucidal, education, it got sold to our generation...', I thought it was 'it got soul to our generation...'

mehh...those aren't as bad as some of the others I've made..

got soul to our generation... i like it.... :cool:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First couple of times i heard Uncle Harry by the Living End i thought they were saying "Uncle Harry pissing in the bar". :P

:lol: OMG me too. i thought that for the longest time. even though i know what it says now, it still sounds like bar. :lol:

:mellow: I thought that's what they were saying. What is it then? lol

its "uncle harry pissing in the bath"

Yeah I was one of the dweebs that thought Billie was singing 'and it's only me and I walk alone' in BOBD. I just found out its 'but its home to me and I walk alone' and I was so fucking embarrassed. I mean, I should know the freakin' lyrics to the freakin' song by now! :lol: I'm such a dweeb. :pinch:

^ You can't get worse than me, in Dirty Man, I thought chris was saying, "If he were to be the perfect enemy" And he really says, " If he were to be the public enemy." Haha oh well, I've done a lot worse but I can't think of any right now :P Come on Andi share how you fucked it up, I garentee you it will make my day :wink:

:mellow: I thought that's what they were saying. What is it then? lol

:lol: "uncle harry pissing in the bath"

and Kill Caustic by AFI is surposed to say "so I feel much worse now" but it sounds like so I fill in my crossword... but you have to hear it to get what I mean

I have a better one for Kill Caustic

"I'm stealin your clothes now. YOUR SWEATER! YOUR SWEATER!"

instead of "So I'm feeling much worse now. You're better, you're better" :lol:

(that's not what I heard, it's what someone else told me they heard, heh)

the lyric "she sinks in my mind as she sheds through her skin" from dance inside by the all american rejects really sounds like 'as she shits through her skin'

yeah, Patrick is too inarticulate, so in "Bang The Doldrums" when he said "in the back of yellow checkered cars" i thought it said "in the back of yellowed chicken bars" :lol:

and in "Sending Postcards From A PLane Crash (Wish You Were Here)" when he says "tip of the top, tip of the top" i thought he said "tip of the tounge, tip of the tounge" because my clarinet teacher always says "tip of the tounge, tip of the reed"

what's my agent ben? or ken or something

what's my age again?

lol, or Wheres my asian friend?

first time i heard Boulevard of Broken Dreams i got all the words wrong

:lol: I think we all did on that one, I thought that Billie was saying, "My shadows the only one that walks beside me, my shadow's heart the only thing thats beating.." so ya I screwed that one up. I know I've done worse but they aren't coming to me right now.

The first few times a heard BOBD I thought it was "Sometime I wish some bear would find me" When really it's "Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me"

I don't think I've made too many lyrical mistakes that are memorable, but I remember one time, my friend thought that Green Day was saying 'Our Weed Is Waiting' in 'Are We the Waiting'. . . it really does sound like they're saying that, if you listen close enough! :lol:

^ Haha nice ! :lol: And don't forget the memorible debate between whether Billie is saying I wanna drop out or I wanna jump out in Panic Song. I think its I wanna jump out but meh....

First couple of times i heard Uncle Harry by the Living End i thought they were saying "Uncle Harry pissing in the bar". :P

at first I thought it was " Uncle Harry pissing in the barn" :lol:

Yeah I was one of the dweebs that thought Billie was singing 'and it's only me and I walk alone' in BOBD. I just found out its 'but its home to me and I walk alone' and I was so fucking embarrassed. I mean, I should know the freakin' lyrics to the freakin' song by now! :lol: I'm such a dweeb. :pinch:

oh man...

really....i always thought it was '& its only me & i walk alone'

i guess that means ima dweeb too huh

:ermm:

hmmmm

When I was little I always used to think that the Melting Pot song by Culture Club I think it is... Well

The lyrics go..

What we need Is a great big melting pot

Big enough to take the world and all it's got

Anyway I always used to think it was

What we need is a great big mountain bike....

another rancid one...on dead bodies i thought lars was singing "the queen of chichester" when what he's actually singing is " the key to change is time"

i always misheard in BOBD ''red between the lines where's the fuck and everything is alright'' and i think i ve listen''read between the lines where's no top andd everything is alright'' :blink:

im still confuse :blink:

i thought in Holiday that when billie says "b/c we're outlaws" or whatever that line is something like outlaws i thought he said "b/c we're all out yeah"

i cant understand almost all of the lyrics to nirvana songs

i thought in Holiday that when billie says "b/c we're outlaws" or whatever that line is something like outlaws i thought he said "b/c we're all out yeah"

i cant understand almost all of the lyrics to nirvana songs

:lol: i think everyone did for a bit there...us idiots trying to figure out lyrics :pinch:

you knwo the 'bandages' song by hot hot heat? my friend used to think they said 'potato chips potato chips potato chips for you' instead of bandages O.o

I have a better one for Kill Caustic

"I'm stealin your clothes now. YOUR SWEATER! YOUR SWEATER!"

instead of "So I'm feeling much worse now. You're better, you're better" :lol:

(that's not what I heard, it's what someone else told me they heard, heh)

:lol:

Archived