Song Lyrics You Misheard / Misunderstood

woo_green_day

:P my sister understood; 'chocolate cake and lemon drink' instead of 'shoplifter you'll never learn' :woot:

On Holiday I thought it was "To find, the moneys on the homoside" But its "The moneys, on the other side" lol

haha, I thought 'to find, the moneys on the world outside' :lol:

..oh and yeah, at the end of holiday, where billie says 'this is our lives on holiday' I thought he said 'It saves our lives on holiday' :ermm:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to think that song by justin timberlake "Cry me a river", It was "Gimme' Your Liver!" heh. My whole family thought that.

I also thought that it was "Pay attention to the cracked streets and the broken Gnomes" in "Welcome to Paradise"

When I was younger, and when I used to live in America, I always listened to The Clash, but their accent was so funny that I couldn't understand it probally, so in the song 1977 I used to go "So you wanna feed Bee's at the ABC, So you wanna be a freak like mee!!!" up until I moved to London, I finally relised that ABC wasn't very punk :lol:

In the Nirvana Song "Smells Like Teen Spirt" I couldn't understand jack shit. so I used to just mumble.

and....I once was walking to my science class, and I just walked infront of my boyfriend and all I heard was "Blow job!" when he was talking to my friend Solomin, I was like "What the fuck?" and then it turned out he was talking about a car paint job XD it was so funny.

and once when I was hanging out with my friend, he was singing the lyrics to Homecoming, and he said "My name is st. Jimmy and I'm a son of a -" and he pointed at me as a joke to say the next lyric, and he was meaning for me to say "Gun" but for some reason All I could say was God! I really, really, tried to stop myself but it didn't work out. He was like "UGHHHH!" it was so funny.

you know what annoys me? when peolpe sing Blvd of Broken Dreams and the first part it goes "it's home to me and i walk alone" but they sing it like "it's only me and i walk alone." gosh it's so annoying.

in Hoilday, i thought it was "to find the money in the homoside" insted of "the money on the other side."

i STILL say that the first line to the chours of who wrote holden caulfeild? is "there's no point in fox's world and now he's getting lazy" :shifty:

^^ Haha, that one's funny.

I have a lot, but the one I'm remembering right now is from Waiting. For the longest time I thought it was "Dumptruck, callin' me stupid." when really it's "Dumbstruck, color me stupid." :pinch: lol, I still sing it my way though... old habbits die hard.

When I first heard American Idiot I thought it was,

"Well maybe I'm the fuck head America".

Instead of,

"Well maybe I'm the faggot America".

I felt like a complete tool when I actually read the lyrics.

haha, I heard ''Well maybe I'm the fuck got America''

I like their songs - their album is good. If you can't understand what Pat S is singing, just read the lyrics. That's what I did. It's what I do if I'm not sure of the words - it's not difficult.

But yeah, I know what you mean. I get the lyrics wrong sometimes, can't think of any specific examples, but it's happened! lol! :D

Same I like Fall Out Boy (not as much as GD of course) but their lyrics can be hard to make out at times. Especially in Sugar we're going down which is a good melody but has the strangest words ever! I mean "Loaded God Complex" - WTF?

As for GD songs, in JOS, when he says "And Mary Jane to keep me insane" I thought he said "Then I married Jane to keep me insane" - I was like, who the fuck is Jane?

haha, when i heard AFI's Miss Murder i thought it went "dreams of his crotch" instead of "dreams of this crush" :lol::lol: i was like 'wtf??' :lol::lol:

I have a lot, but the one I'm remembering right now is from Waiting. For the longest time I thought it was "Dumptruck, callin' me stupid." when really it's "Dumbstruck, color me stupid." :pinch: lol, I still sing it my way though... old habbits die hard.

I thought it was "Dumbstruck, girl don't be stupid."

in boulevard of broken dreams when billie sings "I walk alone" i thought he sang "I wore cologne"

thats what i thought

on platypus i hate u when it says i hate u i thought he said i hate jews

This happened years ago but I still remember it because it was so funny.

There's an INXS song that says "I'll make wine from your tears." A friend thought it was, "I'll make wide balmy tears." WTF are wide balmy tears? :huh:

there is a song called bring me a higher love which my friend thought was bring me an iron lung

same friend asked "is france a planet and is scotland a country"

same friend thought that east anglia *sp* was in asia

i thought there was wax in cheese until yesturday hen i was watching house of wax

i Dont get it, Scotland IS a country, a country that i like to live in

the first time i heard are we the waiting i understood

"rachel love...the story of my life"

instead of

"rage and love...the story of my life"

i was like "whos rachel???" :lol:

and i thought for a long time it was like "range alone... story of my live" i thing it's better :happy:

In Haushinka i always heard 'i'm too damn young to be delayed but am i' but its actually 'i'm too damn young to be too late but am i".

Too Damn Young To Be Delayed is now the title of my bands next ep!

^ lol

I cant understand what anything Kurt says in "Smells like Teen Spirit"

"Scuse me, while I piss this guy" (really is scuse me, while i kiss the sky) - Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix

on jesus of suburbia the bit that goes 'in a land of make believe,that don't believe in me'

my friend thought it said 'in a land of make believe,where nobody can pee'

:lol:

in boulevard of broken dreams when billie sings "I walk alone" i thought he sang "I wore cologne"

like in that blink 182 song?

I thought that in J.O.S it said 'lost with children in misisui' when it was 'lost children with dirty faces today'

i dont exaclty mishear it, but in the songs Strangeland and In The End, i understand absolutely nothing. but hey that's what the lyrics section of GDA is for.

Guest 16PaperLanterns

in the song 'hold on' from warning, i could never hear billie right, and i thought he was singing: "with my eggroll dreaming", when really it's "with my conscience beating".

in the song all star by smashmouth, i always thought they were singing "i ate the sharpest tool in the shed". really it's "i ain't the sharpest tool in the shed"... i didn't learn that until last month lol.

my mom told me that there was this song that came out, and everybody thought it was so profound, and it was called "Freak Out in the Garden". she was like "WTF???" until it turned out it was called "Reach Out in the Darkness".

in King For A Day I thought it said "King for a day! I've changed my mind" or "I've changed some lives" then I found out he said "Princess by dawn" VERY different

the first time i heard are we the waiting i understood

"rachel love...the story of my life"

instead of

"rage and love...the story of my life"

i was like "who's rachel???" :lol:

I did the same thing on both of those. XD

In Warning, I thought he said "Gosh Darn Policeman you better not toss!" instead of "Caution: Police line you better not cross!"

It all makes sense now...

the first time i heard "im the son of rage and love" i thought it was "i just saw the rage of love" as in you go thru a hectic relationship, etc... lmao

Archived