Song Lyrics You Misheard / Misunderstood

woo_green_day

Instead of "But it's home to me and I walk alone" from BOBD I thought it was "But it's alone to me and I walk to me" :/

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It happens too much to me! But I can remember one:

from Church on Sunday

'Making your mascara bleed'

I thought he sung:

'Making young men scared of me' :ph34r:

In Extraordinary Girl, I heard "And admits she wants to sell" instead of "An image she wants to sell"

It's not funny but yeah it was misheard.

Yeah, I thought those were the lyrics for the longest time. And in Fall Out Boy's "Dance, Dance", I thought it said "Why don't you show me a little bit of spark you've been saving for his mad dress?" I'm sure you all know the real lyrics...

And when me and some friends were in the school computer lab, we got bored and started looking at Microsoft Word documents...I got 10% dumber for reading them. Here's some of what I read(some of it was stories for assignments):

"When I grow up, I want to travel to all the continents, especially China."

"Me and my tigger went to the mal yesturday."

"Zoro is the kewlest super hero ever."

Christ help those children.

Thanks to the_original_mrs_cool i will always sing "i wore cologne" instead of "i walk alone" :D

FOD

"stuck down in a rut, of dislogic and smut"

I heard:

"stuck down in a rut, a dislodged chicken spud" :lol:

Ooh, I've misheard so many, as Bullet In A Bible was my first record (I knoow, I'm so lame), mostly on JOS and St. Jimmy. I can't really remember, but those weren't that funny anyway.

Oh, wait, I know one!

My mother seriously thought for a couple of decades that "just another lemon tree" (from that old song lemon tree) was "just a yellow lavatory". :lol: She was all like, why are they singing about a yellow toilet? Omg, my mother's dumb. :pinch:

I could never figure out the lyrics to the first part of JOS... And I never remember the lyrics so I'm always "I'm the son of Rage and Love, The Jesus of suburbia, from the lalala none of the lala on a steady nanana of... "

In Longview when it goes "My mother says to get a job, but she don't like the one she's got. When masturbation's lost its fun, you're fucking breaking" I heard "When masturbation's lost its fun, your fucking mother." I'm not quite sure how I got that...

ohh i was so bad when i heard "smells like teen spirit" for the first time. i was like "my manana (whatever that is :blink: ), hot potatoes, here we are now, and obey us" :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

so embarrassing, apart from the fact that i've never heard of "mananas" and that it doesn't make any sense at all

and once my sister was in my room while i was listening to "basket case", she was like "what? i think i've cracked enough!?" (instead of "i think i'm cracking up") :/

whenever i get a new album i like to sit down and read the lyrics as i listen to it, so i can memorize it. however, i usualy get bored about 1/2 way through the cd, so there are some i mishear. then i just sort of memorize the 'noises' as i haer them :P rofl. i remember when i first got bullet in a bible(before which i only had AI and insomniac) i tried to make out the lyics to longview and hitchin a ride on my own, which i got horribly wrong O_O lol. i eventually looked them up online, && later got nimrod and dookie :P lol i dont remember exactly what i thought it said, but i know it was really fucked up... lmao

Well I can't understand a word Fall Out Boy says in their shitty songs.

i can. :( and i happen to like them.

then again i can understand donald duck. :rolleyes:

"when my new friend closed my eyes"

which was actually "bite my lip & close my eyes" LOL!

i had no fucking clue what i was saying..probably because it was like 2 at night. :blush:

I never understood these lyrics in The Grouch... "Wasted youth and a fistful of ideas,

I had a young and optimistic point of view."

I thought it was... "Wasted youth and a fistful of high tails. I had a yugga yugga yigga yugga you."

Hahaha, all of the lyrics in that song are hard to understand though. At least, to me they are.

I never understood the 'Lost children with dirty faces today' in JOS. Or 'Celebrate your own decay' in Deadbeat Holiday. I heard 'So we pray to educate or something like that.

It happens too much to me! But I can remember one:

from Church on Sunday

'Making your mascara bleed'

I thought he sung:

'Making young men scared of me' :ph34r:

OMG! hah i thought that too!!

my friend thought instead of "KIll all the fags that dont agree" that it was "Kill all the fags and donut cremes"

during american idiot when it says "all across the alien nation" i used to think it said "all across the idiot nation" :blink: :ph34r:

when i first heard BOBD i thought it says..

" Check my vital signs and no ones still alive.. "

stupid me..

:blink:

I made a mistake with the same lyric. i thought it was "and HOW Im still alive"

Yeah, I thought those were the lyrics for the longest time. And in Fall Out Boy's "Dance, Dance", I thought it said "Why don't you show me a little bit of spark you've been saving for his mad dress?" I'm sure you all know the real lyrics...

And when me and some friends were in the school computer lab, we got bored and started looking at Microsoft Word documents...I got 10% dumber for reading them. Here's some of what I read(some of it was stories for assignments):

"When I grow up, I want to travel to all the continents, especially China."

"Me and my tigger went to the mal yesturday."

"Zoro is the kewlest super hero ever."

Christ help those children.

ya in extrodinary girl i thought it said that too. :blink: it sucks finding out the real lyrics. :dry:

The song i always have trouble with is Nice Guys Finish Last, its all ways the line...

"When you are the outcast" OR "When you run out of gas"

I still don't know which is right... so I just sing them both...

"a fackrast in my head...and i need to tell you...its news that i fuck 5...or why is it just a dream...that happpened long ago...i think id just fuck up"

That was my version of the first part of Who wrote holden caulfeild...

its "when you run outta gas" - lol

thats what it says in the booklet thing in the cd but i heard there are two versions or the lyrics are wrong or somthing.

" so this is my angel" its unbreakable by Aiden i thought it was "so this is my angle"

I Misheard the voice inside myself saying "don't come to this thread."

:o Thats EXACTLY what i thought he was saying! :P And The Grouch is one of the hardest songs to understand to me :blink: Billie shouldnt mumble so much

It's actually, "Wasted youth and a fistful of IDEALS..."

I think it's pretty much a miracle that we can make out any of the lyrics. I'm totally convinced BJ makes them unintelligible on purpose. :P

Real lyrics: There's no return from 86

What my friend heard: There's no return from Adie's sex

Archived