Killers are edging out Green Day - Vote!

ellegee

Good Riddance always seemed like a strange choice to me. They've got American Idiot in the album category so why not a song from American Idiot? I would have voted for a Green Day related song if it was Jesus of Suburbia, that edges out all of the tunes on that list.

It's because Good Riddance is their biggest selling single of all time.

And I am happy for that, well, JOS deserves it too.

And Yay for the best live act! :banana:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See I love The Killers music but I don't like their attitude they are a whiney bunch n always come across with attitude, whereas GD come across as polite and very respectful of other artists.

x

You know, I've gotten that impression as well. I haven't seen that much with them but I thought they had a lot of (unearned) attitude right out of the gate. It's like, woah, you're pretty good, but you're not Green Day good, so check the ego. :dry:

But back to the categories, I can see why they chose to nominate Good Riddance as best song over other GD songs. That song was EVERYWHERE, it was everyone's prom, graduation, sporting event, tearful goodbye and wedding song--it probably still is. And truthfully, it's a beautiful song. The lyrics read like poetry.

^ Exactly, it's one of those songs that can take your breath away. :wub: Doesn't matter if you're a GD fan or not, it's just perfect !

Yesterday they had that song on the background of a football thing (for the world cup), it surprised me, so great to hear.

so to be honest i dont think we'll get best song but the rest is brilliant :wub:

So yeah, Green Day is winning in every category that they are in except "Best Song". Keep up the voting people!

Haha I have voted so many times in this and I never usually vote in anything :D

Archived