What band would you like to see Green Day collaborate with?

XxRedundantCastaway86xX

If they collaborated with Avenged Sevenfold...

aslkdhfssjgsd *dead*

If I wasn't a ginger, I would sell my soul to make it happen. :wub:

Bowling For Soup :)

Yeah! Make some Dookie related music! I miss hearing a new GD song and laugh of the lyrics because of a childish reference to masturbation and teenager stuff xD

billy talent!! :thumbsup:

That would be awesome! With MCR or Blink 182 would be cool too! :D BFS and Sum 41 are good choices too! :P

uhrm yeah. im saying this only because these are the bands im liking the more at the moment, but anyway.

i would really love to see Green Day play with the beatles (but i somehow believe this is gonna be quite impossible) and my chemical romance. i dunno, i'd just like to see what they come up with. :ninja:

I'd hate to see them collaborate with My Chemical Romance or Blink, what a waste! I'd love to see them work with somebody who works completely different to them, like Conor Oberst (Bright Eyes) or Stuart Murdoch (Belle and Sebastian). Or maybe Jon Fratelli (The Fratellis), Alex Turner (Arctic Monkeys) or even Guy Garvey (Elbow). Only if they could make it sound good, and nothing like the previously mentioned "Lulu".

I'd absolutely love to see Green Day collaborate with Social Distortion. They have a really unique sound, like Green Day, so I think they'd sound awesome together. And Mike Ness's voice + Billie Joe's voice would sound amazing!!!

Gonna put in another vote for MCR. They appeal to the same kind of audiences for most people to not get disgusted by it...but, at the same time, their sounds are *just* different enough to make it work (especially the vocals!). And, most importantly, both bands are open to trying new things!

Tbh, I would even settle for just a partial collab between them: Gerard singing on a Green Day song, or Billie singing with My Chem...or Toro guesting on guitar...or The Dirnt guesting on bass. And hey, MCR don't have their own drummer atm, so Tre all the way!!

I love a lot of the other ideas on here too. Honestly, I enjoy seeing Green Day collaborate with just about anyone. Wherever they go, their awesomeness follows. :cool:

come to think about it .. green has only collaborated with U2!! ohmy.gif

They've collaborated with more than that. Someone else already mentioned the songs they did with Iggy Pop. And then there's also Jesse Malin (the Rodeo Queens)...and I suppose you could count the musical stuff as a collaboration between them and the cast (and Tom Kitt). Billie Joe, by himself, has also played/sang with Elvis Costello (though it was live only), the Go-Go's, and Penelope Houston.

actually it would be pretty interesting to see MSI play with Green Day.

That would be awesome...though I think it would sound something like The Network :lol:

Personally I'd love to see them work with either Dave Grohl or the Foo Fighters. That would be amazing but that won't happen because there's bad blood between Green Day and the Foo Fighters. I think Green Day and the Offspring would be pretty cool too.

They do? :huh:

Florence + the machine? I would love to hear a Billie / Florence duet.

Hell yeah!

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm new at this "forum" stuff, so I apologize if this sounds all retarded.

Anyway, my topic is basically explained in the title (which is so long because I didn't want it to be misleading) in that I think it'd be awesome to hear more Green Day collaborations. I thought the song they did with U2 was fun, but I'd love to hear something else. Personally, I think it'd be cool if they collaborated with someone from a different genre of music - pop, R&B, electronic, etc. Even if they didn't actually go into the studio and record with another artist, a live collaboration would totally appease me, especially if I could download it somehow and have it to watch/listen to later.

That's my Green Day 2 cents, for what it's worth.

Nah. This isn't really a thing like rap/top 40 where you can mix and match artists around whatever stock beat.

The only way this could work is if they had like a guest female vocalist sing a bridge or something, but I think Green Day's got too much pride in their final product to whore away parts of songs to Kanye, etc.

Archived