American Idiot Cast Album.

jacknovella

I'm sort of iffy about it. I don't really know what to expect.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a decent album, thing is it [sounds like a cover album for alot of the songs. My favourite is She's a rebel/Last of the american girls nice mix up

*edit* i notice alot of people have said that's their favourite, weird thing is Jesus of Suburbia, home coming and letterbomb are all great cos you can understand the words...as much as I love Green Day and Billie he's not the easiest person to understand

LOL I still don't have this :lol:

I never remember when I'm out to look for it.

I still don't have it either.

But it's a bit expensive so I'll wait till my b-day (:

LOL I still don't have this :lol:

I never remember when I'm out to look for it.

I still don't have it either :lol: But it's kinda expensive for an album imo, so I think I'll wait till it gets cheaper.

I saw it in the Media Markt today! For only €15!

offtopic; and they also had Insomniac, which is a rare thing around here. Media Markt seems to have random cd's now and then (I got Shenanigans and Warning I think? from there. It's the only place I've ever seen those two here, apart from in this one awesome record shop that has all their records, but that shop it fairly expensive...anyway)

my album came to me a week after being released, and had not listened carefully to the tracks on the internet version, cost me a little getting used to at first not even linked it entirely to green day but now I think is a great record the lyrics are clearly perfect and the voices of the cast are amazing so im pretty happy with their job and the result

and i wanna the vinil but i don't have money :cry:

I just saw that they're releasing it on Vinyl. I want! :woot:

I bought the album like, the day it came out and I really like it. Letterbomb is beautiful because it's sung by Rebecca and it's so much easier to sing along with now. I also really love Boulevard of Broken Dreams, mainly because it's acoustic and it sounds great. When It's Time is also very amazing. It made me cry :pinch:

I love all of the songs so much... it's hard to choose which I like best.

I LOVE Whatsername though. I started bawling once when I was listening to it. The harmonies they added in right before the breakdown are great.

Homecoming is also amazing. The highlight of that song is the beginning. I love how they took out the guitar and left the drum beat during the lines "St. Jimmy died today / He blew his brains out into the bay ..." It's just so powerful.

All of the songs with Tony Vincent are wonderful. The last phrase on Last Night on Earth is breathtaking (not as much on the recording as it was live though). Also, his voice is perfect for St. Jimmy. I always enjoy listening to it when I'm in a hurry xD

I love the Rebecca/John harmony on Boulevard on Boulevard of Broken Dreams and the addition of "City of the damned" to the end. So great.

And I agree with all of you about the arrangement of She's a Rebel/Last of the American Girls. I always anticipate Tony's "She's a rebel / She's a rebel / And she's holding on my heart like a hand grenade!"

And how can I not mention Wake Me Up When September Ends? Beautiful arrangement.

Also Give Me Novacaine is very nicely done. One thing they had in the show that I wish they could have captured on the recording was the bombs they had go off during the guitar solo. The show is already loud, but the bomb sound effects they created shook your whole body. It was so epic and emotional and perfect for the scene.

Well I could probably critique the rest of the album as well but I think I've done enough already xD

Least favorite: Favorite Son (just a little boring) and the bridge of Holiday (I think they could have picked someone else to sing that part to make it a bit more powerful, if you know what I mean :P)

I can't wait for the vinyl :D

this has probably been mentioned before, but I just noticed there's no parental advisory warning on my copy :huh:

not that i care, just thought it was funny

I only downloaded this album, and wanted to wait till it got a bit cheaper here. Today I was in a shop, saw the AI cast record was like €15, and I just had to buy it. Now I got home and looked at the tracklist.. half the songs are missing :lol: So that's why it was cheaper, lol. I guess I'll keep this since the only reason I really wanted to buy it was to have When It's Time, and at least that one's on this record :wub:

I really like 'Last Night On Earth' and 'Letterbomb'. Tony Vincent's voice is very col, and Rebecca Naomi Jones' voice is very pretty, yet with a little hint of raw energy.

And 'Holiday' is awesome too. The bridge part, I fucking love it. hahaha. Theo Stockman is so rad. xD

I think what they did with 'She's A Rebel/Last of the American Girls' was fantastic. I liked how it was arranged.

Also, I saw a video of "Before the Lobotomy/Extraordinary Girl' and I have to say I'm impressed. Very beautiful.

i wish to come here in greece 'cause i want so much to see it!!there was an dedication in Mtv Greece about it!!!i was so moved while i was watching it!!!it's epic!!!

I finally bought this album last Saturday and I have to say I love it! I thought it was gonna be exactly the same Green Day songs but sung in a theater voice, but they've changed the style completely in some of the songs and that's what makes this album so damn awesome! I think Rock 'n' Roll Girlfriend in Homecoming is amazing and it wants to make me dance. Letterbomb and Holiday are also really good. And who can forget Billie's beautiful singing in When It's Time? The most adorable song ever.

This album makes me wish I lived in America so I could go and see this musical right now. I cannot wait for it to come to England.

I asked for it for my birthday.

My friend's uncle got it for her, and she's letting me borrow it if I can't get it.

So I could get it on my iPod, but I'd perfer the physical copy. I just like having it.

And I love lyrics booklets. Strange obsession. haha.

I must admit that it turned out to be a really cool album. Still I like the normal Green Day more. Maybe 'cause I ain't that much into musical-songs. However I must admit this cast totally amazed me and ofcourse I do like THIS musical-songs! Great job, but still like Green Day better.

4,5*

I got this a while ago back in april and listened to every song while reading the lyrics which was soo amazing!!!!!!

favorite songs: Boulevard of Broken Dreams especially with the added thing in it, "city of the damned" i think it is and now when i listen to green day's version I always sing that part in my head

I like how favorite son goes into are we the waiting but the songs themselves are not my favorite but still good

I also love Give Me Novocaine especially because of the scene in the musical with the song and when they all sing "ah novocain!" give me chills

Even though i liked when it was just Shes a Rebel, in the Berkeley version, i like how they added Last of the American Girls

when its time, whatshername,

Letterbomb mostly for the scream,,,,

I really love all of the songs i will stop talking or typing rather now!

I love how they mashed up know your Enemy with jesus of suburbia, and last of the american girls with she's a rebal thought those two were epic!

I just can't get into these songs, especially when I could just listen to the originals =/

Question: some have mentioned that the songs are too "musical." What exactly do you mean by that? Granted some of the arrangements made them different from the originals, I never thought of any of the cast to be true musical theatre actors. Just curious...

I kinda like how they end Boulevard of Broken Dreams.... Going back to City of the Damned?

It sounds pretty good

Yeah, i love it how they mix some of the songs together, they've done a ready great job of that.

:wub: I had almost forgotten I brought this before I went away.

It's so fucking brilliant.

Archived