American Idiot Cast Album.

jacknovella

Forced a couple friends into record shops today. Now it's also here in the FRS and Van Leest. :happy:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forced a couple friends into record shops today. Now it's also here in the FRS and Van Leest. :happy:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? Yeah, from the moment I read FRS I was kinda surprised, haha.

You know, I have a day off tomorrow to also learn for my exam on Friday. But thanks to your post I'll most likely stop by our FRS tomorrow.. :D :D

The AI cast did an amazing job on the album, I must admit though, it did take a few listens for it to grow on me.

I went out to buy it on the first day it was released, I went to about 3 different shopping centers, checking every shop that would possibly have it, not finding it anywhere... and when I asked about it in a music shop the guy didn't even think it existed!

I still cant find it anywhere... I guess its not out in Australia :(

The songs I listen to most are Holiday/Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Too Much Too Soon, BTL/Extraordinary Girl/BTL and Letterbomb.

Extraordinary Girl from AI, I do love, but it wasn't one of those songs I'd listen to as much as the others... But the way it was done on the Soundtrack was amazing... BTL sounds beautiful and mixes in with Extraordinary Girl so amazingly I cant even describe... It gives me goosebumps every time I listen to them.

As much as I love the Soundtrack, IMO nothing will ever beat the original American Idiot. :)

The AI cast did an amazing job on the album, I must admit though, it did talk a few listens for it to grow on me.

I went out to buy it on the first day it was released, I went to about 3 different shopping centers, checking every shop that would possibly have it, not finding it anywhere... and when I asked about it in a music shop the guy didn't even think it existed!

I still cant find it anywhere... I guess its not out in Australia :(

The songs I listen to most are Holiday/Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Too Much Too Soon, BTL/Extraordinary Girl/BTL and Letterbomb.

Extraordinary Girl from AI, I do love, but it wasn't one of those songs I'd listen to as much as the others... But the way it was done on the Soundtrack was amazing... BTL sounds beautiful and mixes in with Extraordinary Girl so amazingly I cant even describe... It gives me goosebumps every time I listen to them.

As much as I love the Soundtrack, IMO nothing will ever beat the original American Idiot. :)

Yeah, I agree. I didn't really care for the cast recording the first few times I heard it but now I absolutely love it. :wub:

Oh and the album is out in Australia! I bought it a few days ago at JB Hi Fi. :)

It was about $21 I think, which isn't too bad for a double disc album.

Yeah, I agree. I didn't really care for the cast recording the first few times I heard it but now I absolutely love it. :wub:

Oh and the album is out in Australia! I bought it a few days ago at JB Hi Fi. :)

It was about $21 I think, which isn't too bad for a double disk album.

Dammit I've been checking there every week! You are lucky! lol. dammit.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? Yeah, from the moment I read FRS I was kinda surprised, haha.

You know, I have a day off tomorrow to also learn for my exam on Friday. But thanks to your post I'll most likely stop by our FRS tomorrow.. :D :D

Haha, did you end up getting it?

And woah, 21 Aus$ (I think? well if it's USD my argument still stands)? That's cheap! Here it's €22 (which is USD 27.50 or AUD 33.30)

Haha, did you end up getting it?

And woah, 21 Aus$ (I think? well if it's USD my argument still stands)? That's cheap! Here it's €22 (which is USD 27.50 or AUD 33.30)

Yeah, AUD 21.99 was pretty cheap. I've noticed CD's in Australia have gotten really cheap. :)

Yeah, AUD 21.99 was pretty cheap. I've noticed CD's in Australia have gotten really cheap. :)

Haha, nice! Here CD's are pretty expensive, always (the average price for a new release is 17,50-20€)

Bought it on Saturday, got really excited when I saw it, it was under 'Metal' [as was the rest of Green day] :blink:

And i destroyed ne of the corners of the book, it's so thick. I don't think I'll bother trying to take it out again

I love it though. Jesus of Suburbia is great, and i don't really like the green day version.

THE HORROR!!! I went to THE record's store, and the CD won't get here :( Maybe after the concert I'll get to order it, but, till october, I'm screwed :(

I'm not getting a copy of it very soon =( cause I don't go to the mall very often (I can't, it's far away) and the only place that will have soon is Fnac, which is on the mall...

-.-

About the album... My favourite is: LOTAG/ She's A Rebel!!! :woot: then I love Favourite Son and Too Much Too Soon, maybe 'cause I'm not used to listen to those GD songs...

Then, I also loooove Last Night On Earth and 21 Guns :wub: KYE is pretty cool and energetic too!

I love the changes they've done in all the songs... My least favourites are the ones they didn't change much =/ like Jesus Of Suburbia, American Idiot or St. Jimmy...

Also.. Their voices are all so damn amazing!! (well, I just don't looove Tony's voice, it's a little bit too much theatrical, specially during St. Jimmy, don't really like that one :pinch: )

KYE was just... Hilarious?

I laugh every time I hear it... There is something about it that's just... not quite right. :P

Haha, nice! Here CD's are pretty expensive, always (the average price for a new release is 17,50-20€)

Wow, the average price here for a new release is around $18.99, though some stores still sell them for like $30. :blink:

Also.. Their voices are all so damn amazing!! (well, I just don't looove Tony's voice, it's a little bit too much theatrical, specially during St. Jimmy, don't really like that one :pinch: )

I agree that Tony's voice is very theatrical, though I do love the way he sings in 'Last Night On Earth'. :happy:

I think all the female singers in the show have incredible voices, especially Rebecca and Christina during '21 Guns'. One thing I don't like about the recording is that all the guys sound kinda auto-tuned? I've listened (and loved! :wub:) to a lot of John Gallagher Jr.'s original music and the stuff he did for 'Spring Awakening' and he definitely does not need to be auto-tuned. :ermm:

I think all the female singers in the show have incredible voices, especially Rebecca and Christina during '21 Guns'. One thing I don't like about the recording is that all the guys sound kinda auto-tuned? I've listened (and loved! :wub:) to a lot of John Gallagher Jr.'s original music and the stuff he did for 'Spring Awakening' and he definitely does not need to be auto-tuned. :ermm:

Yup. They seriously auto-tuned the guys... especially during JOS (I hate how JOS started with John and Michael). Johnny's music (example: Everybody Loves You) is amazing and awesome so it sucks that he was auto-tuned so much. Then again, I believe that he might have been sick around the time of the recording so... yeah... still... :(

Yup. They seriously auto-tuned the guys... especially during JOS (I hate how JOS started with John and Michael). Johnny's music (example: Everybody Loves You) is amazing and awesome so it sucks that he was auto-tuned so much. Then again, I believe that he might have been sick around the time of the recording so... yeah... still... :(

It does give people the wrong ideas, they don't really need that do they ? =/

hey guys,

i bought my copy yesterday and it was like 18 bucks at "Kaufhof" (if anyone knows what kind of store that is).

i was looking for a blink 182 album but they were all sold out and then i came across the new releases section and there it was...

all i recognized was the handgrenade and i immediately grabbed a copy and was soooo happy. xD

and yes, the booklet is really thick and i ripped a corner as well. guess, that's what happens to all of us. xDDD

anyway...i love "when it's time", but it's for sure not my fav gd song.

my fav songs on the cd are the versions of "boulevard of broken dreams" and "last night on earth".

i love singing along to "lnoe"...not that i'd have the right voice for it, but i'm close. xD

but yeah...i think it's cool they recorded it. :) and finally i got to know about the story of the musical, which is great!

I think the only tracks I like as much as the originals would be Letterbomb, Last Night on Earth, and Know Your Enemy.

I love how different Tony Vincent's voice sounds :)

When It's time is a sweet song, but wouldn't say it's my fav.

My 2 fav parts of the album are when Rebeccca screams during Letterbomb, and the instrumental ending of Whatsername :happy:

I've had to let my grandma borrow my copy, she's been pestering me to let her hear `their new album` aww, don't think she completely realises it's featuring green day :lol:

I think everyone must have ripped the book getting it out, it's just way to thick :lol:

I love pretty much everything on this album (I'm listening to it now :) ) I don't like St. Jimmy that much but really it's just because it's to theatrical for my taste, Tony Vincent is great on Last Night On Earth though, I think it's amazing how he sings. I also think I may be developing a crush on Stark Sands :wub: He has a brilliant voice on everything and I just lovelovelove it so much.

I'm going to get crap for this but in Holiday when he sings 'Hear The...' he gives me chills, and Billie doesn't do that (even though he's a better singer)

Some of the changes are actually good, in my opinion, like the bass at the beginning of Holiday, and the 'City Of the damned...' thing at the end of BOBD. I even like the changing of the lyrics in KYE to a certain extent... The only change I really don't like is 'Favourite Son' into 'Are We The Waiting', it just sounds wrong to me =/

The best of John G. Jr's songs is definitely BOBD, and at the end when he's singing with Rebecca it's just...wow :o I think that is probably one of the best parts of the album for me.

Really though, the best part of buying the album was it made me appreciate the real album more. I listened to this exclusively for four days, after that I put the proper one on and the raw emotions that I felt the first time I heard it came flooding back to me. Billie voice gave me goosebumps and at the end of 'Whatsername' I very very almost cried, and believe me I'm not a crying person.

I've just bought my album today :) I'm listening to it right now :D.

I'm in love with When It's Time. Both versions...boosegumps everytime.

I'm in love with When It's Time. Both versions...boosegumps everytime.

I think the coolest song on it is Shes a Rebel/Last of The American Girls. I really like what they have done with that.

I really can't wait until I go to the mall to buy it!!!! GRRR

I think the coolest song on it is Shes a Rebel/Last of The American Girls. I really like what they have done with that.

I agree with you 100%

I would love to hear a GD cover of that one Hahah

Like Mike and Billie duet, and then that musical part of it in the middle, the drum beat guitars it's really amazing how they've put those songs together to make a whole different thing, that I think turned out even better than the GD versions of the songs, separately! I was never really in love with those songs, but this one, I really love it

It's amazing! I actually never thought it would be so good :)

But I was really impressed when I heard the album. ;D

Archived