Poprocks & Coke

J'net

I just love this song, simplicity at its finest :wub:

I love how this song can interpreted as lovesong or just a song for a friend, or almost anyone for that matter 'I will dare, keep in mind, I don't caaarrree I'll be there for you, I'll be there for you, I'll be there for you' :blush:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All right now don't laugh or I will have you smack you all

after the concert in Vancouver on July 4th I went over to MIkey's apartment for a party.J'net, Gerg,

Mikey, Zoe, Christian were there too..,,Beth came laterz I think...

I decided to sit at the kitchen table and have a rest,,,I noticed there were pop rocks on the table...so I started to munch on them...Mikey said...and over here we have pop rocks! SUZANNE you are eating them already! well you have to have some coke! He handed me a can of coke and I downed another pack of poprocks and then some coke..soon I didn't feel so good...then I felt really sick...then I had to leave and miss the rest of the party...

moral of this story.,,,,,don't eat pop rocks and coke at GD gathering...ends up messy

All right now don't laugh or I will have you smack you all

after the concert in Vancouver on July 4th I went over to MIkey's apartment for a party.J'net, Gerg,

Mikey, Zoe, Christian were there too..,,Beth came laterz I think...

I decided to sit at the kitchen table and have a rest,,,I noticed there were pop rocks on the table...so I started to munch on them...Mikey said...and over here we have pop rocks! SUZANNE you are eating them already! well you have to have some coke! He handed me a can of coke and I downed another pack of poprocks and then some coke..soon I didn't feel so good...then I felt really sick...then I had to leave and miss the rest of the party...

moral of this story.,,,,,don't eat pop rocks and coke at GD gathering...ends up messy

It is quite the...interesting, combination! :lol:

OH SHIT YALL I just realized I have some Pop Rocks in my room! :D:o

LOL YOU GUYS I just ate the pack of Pop Rocks and they're like, foaming color change ones...I look like a fucking rabid dog with blue saliva...it's awesome! :lol:

simply amazing... always makes me feel happy and smile... that's why I love to listen to it on foggy dark early mornings when I have to get up and go to work :/ this sort of starts me up and kicks me to be positive :)

I really don't think Poprocks and Coke is really that good.

Don't get me wrong... I know we all love it because it is Green Day. I loved it when it first came out too and still do. But I feel to say it is 'amazing' is giving in a bit too much credit. GD have released some brilliant and influential songs (Basketcase, Longview, Good Riddance and American Idiot just to name a few) and I don't believe Poprocks and Coke has any right being thought of as highly as such classics.

Yes, it is by my favourite band and I enjoy it, but that does not take away from the fact it is a very basic song that is not dissimilar to many other pop songs in terms of lyrics, structure and melody.

Just my 2c worth...

Edit: Incase I didn't state clearly enough, I do think Poprocks and Coke is a good song. Not an amazing song or an influential song or a song that really pushed the boundaries, just a good song. And there is nothing wrong with that.

I LOVE THIS SONG! :wub: The lyrics are just great...they're so simple but still really beautiful.They go well together with the rest of the song.

The lyrics make me wish that I had someone who would say those things to me. :P I like this song so much that I just had to put a part of the lyrics on my about me page.The choice was really hard! :D

I too adore this song. Everytime I hear it I think of my nephew, who hasn't had the easiest family situations. So to me, it'll always be the song I dedicate to Conner. Anyone know what prompted Billie Joe to write it? I always imagined it was for Joey when he was a young'un but I have no basis for this whatsoever.

Yeah, I love this song :wub: It's simple, but beutiful

And like someone have said, it make me want someone to say thoose beutiful words to me :wub:

I really don't think Poprocks and Coke is really that good.

Don't get me wrong... I know we all love it because it is Green Day. I loved it when it first came out too and still do. But I feel to say it is 'amazing' is giving in a bit too much credit. GD have released some brilliant and influential songs (Basketcase, Longview, Good Riddance and American Idiot just to name a few) and I don't believe Poprocks and Coke has any right being thought of as highly as such classics.

Yes, it is by my favourite band and I enjoy it, but that does not take away from the fact it is a very basic song that is not dissimilar to many other pop songs in terms of lyrics, structure and melody.

Just my 2c worth...

Edit: Incase I didn't state clearly enough, I do think Poprocks and Coke is a good song. Not an amazing song or an influential song or a song that really pushed the boundaries, just a good song. And there is nothing wrong with that.

I think I understand what you mean, and I also think a song can be amazing in a number of ways. Sometimes, it may not be amazing in any sense that can be really be critiqued but can still be amazing in the feelings it causes people to have. I think this is one of those songs. I do think the song as a whole is quite nice and has some lovely features, but what really makes this song special for me is the very positive feeling I get when I hear it. Few songs give me such a warm fuzzy. I think it's a combination of the simple lyrics and the overall feel of the music. But that's amazing in a very personal way - not something that can really be brought out in an objective critique.

I think I understand what you mean, and I also think a song can be amazing in a number of ways. Sometimes, it may not be amazing in any sense that can be really be critiqued but can still be amazing in the feelings it causes people to have. I think this is one of those songs. I do think the song as a whole is quite nice and has some lovely features, but what really makes this song special for me is the very positive feeling I get when I hear it. Few songs give me such a warm fuzzy. I think it's a combination of the simple lyrics and the overall feel of the music. But that's amazing in a very personal way - not something that can really be brought out in an objective critique.

Well said, well said.

It's not a bad song, but personally I wouldn't have voted for it. But I do like the lyrics, they always cheer me up :)

I really like it, not one of my favorites though... just doesn't really stand out to me. but it is a beautiful song :)

I too adore this song. Everytime I hear it I think of my nephew, who hasn't had the easiest family situations. So to me, it'll always be the song I dedicate to Conner. Anyone know what prompted Billie Joe to write it? I always imagined it was for Joey when he was a young'un but I have no basis for this whatsoever.

I don't know, but now that I've seen the video, whenever I hear it I think of him writing it for Tre and Mike......That may sound kind of gay but I think it's nice. I think of it more as a best friends type of a song and not so much a love song.

I don't know, but now that I've seen the video, whenever I hear it I think of him writing it for Tre and Mike......That may sound kind of gay but I think it's nice. I think of it more as a best friends type of a song and not so much a love song.

The video had that same effect on me :).

Nothing gay about it, I totally understand, and it is kind of a love song for me, but a love song about friendships, songs don't always have to be about your other half, you can love many people in your life, friends are a huge part of our lives, sometimes the people we make friends with shape us, they help us and guide us when we need them most, :) I adore this song.

x

I love the simplicity of this song and I agree with what others have said, anyone can relate in a lot of ways :)

Definitely agree with what many of you all have said. Every time I listen to this song I feel so relaxed & chipper :happy:

Archived