Favourite Line from a Green Day Song

greendaytone

Where will all the martyrs go when the virus cures itself? And where will we all go when it's too late?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"A conscientious objector to the war that's in my mind.... " from Castaway (Warning)-- describes my usual mental state sooo very well!

"If I lose everything in the fire... did I ever make it through?" - Last Night On Earth (Gotta stop listening to this one right now. Too depressing for me...)

I'd have to say Whiskey shots and cheap cigarettes - Before The Lobotomy

and

My wallet's fat and so is my head - Walking Contradiction

I'm a hater a traitor in a pair of chuck taylors right now

It said home it's where your heart is but what a shame 'couse everyone's heart doesn't beat the same, they're beating out of time

Sometimes I need to apologize, sometimes I need to admit that I ain't right, sometimes I should just keep my mouth shut or only said hello, sometimes I still fell I'm walking alone

A free for all, fuck'em all, you are your own sight

We're the last call, and we're so pathetic

Are you locked in a wall that's been planned for you?

What's my price and will you pay it if it's allright

I throw away my past mistakes and xcomteplate my future, that's when I say... what the hey!?

Wall???? WORLD. loll

Are you locked up in a world that's been planned out for you?

Are you feeling like a social tool without a use?

I think they found another cure

For broken hearts and feeling insecure

I also love the reference to Know Your Enemy in Restless Heart Syndrome

I have heaps of these:

"Maybe you're the runner up, but the first one to lose the race, almost only really counts in horseshoes and handgrenades." Horseshoes and Handgrenades

"Destiny is dead in the hands of bad luck." Stuart and the Ave. <3

"The worry rock has turned to dust, falling on our pride." Worry Rock

"Do you have the time to listen to me whine?" Basket Case

"This is the dawning of the rest of our lives. On Holidaaay" Holiday

"Peel me off this velcro seat and get me movin'." Longview

"Here we go again, infatuation touches me, just when I thought that it would end." Going to Pasalaqua

"It wasn't long ago that I was just like you." Emeninus Sleepus

"Home, we're coming home again, I started fucking running as soon as my feet touched ground." Homecoming

"It don't take a genius to be an idiot." Pedestrian

alot of songs there lol

ITS SOMETHING UNPREDICTABLE,

BUT IN THE END ITS RIGHT,

I HOPE YOU HAD THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE..

Good Riddance/ GreenDay gave me the time of my life

x

'magic man, egocentric plastic man' - Chump

and 'Why does my life have to be so small?/Yet death is forever/And does forever have a life to call its own?' from One Of My Lies

Before The Lobotomy: "Like refugees, we're lost like refugees."

My story behind that is this: my favorite kind of line in music is where you feel this sense of clarity and strength in the line, or even just one word in the line. For this one, it's the way he sings "refugees." It reminds me of Springsteen's line from "Born To Run": "The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive."

"Forgetting you but not the time" has been stuck in my mind recently and it's been hitting close to home

^ That line has been clinging onto me ever since I first heard Whatsername. Amazing lyric. :)

Because I'm listening to Christian's Inferno at the moment, I have to point out the following lyric:

"There's fire in my veins and it's pouring out like a flood."

I love that line. I feel like it represents me at times. I just imagine fire heating up under the surface, and then just erupting out of nowhere, and there is NO mercy with the fire. So, if you are in the way, move. Otherwise, you WILL get burned.

"Forgetting you but not the time" has been stuck in my mind recently and it's been hitting close to home

I was just about to post that. I completely agree!

"So take the photographs and still frames in your mind, hang it on a shelf in good health and good time, tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial, For What it's worth it was worth all the while"

"So don't you f*** me around, because I'll shoot you down"

"I must insist on being a pessimist, I'm a loner in a catastrophic mind!"

"Better thank your lucky stars"

"Give me something to do to kill some time, take me to that place that I call home, take away the strains of being lonely, take me to the tracks at Christie Road"

and I love love love the last part of hitchin' a ride how they are all like 'don't know where we're going' in the background whilst billie sings "Hitchin' a ride" it sounds awesome :)

there are many, many more where those one came from lol but those are the standouts :happy:

"Let my hands flow through

Your hair. Moving closer

A kiss we'll share"

Sometimes I give myself the creeps

Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me

For what it's worth it was worth all the while

I want to be the minority

I don't need your authority

Down with the moral majority

'Cause I want to be the minority

I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies

Runaway!

From the river to the street and find yourself with your face in the gutter

"The punchline is the natural distaster"

"The wifes a nag and the kids are fuckin' up, I don't have sex 'cause I can't get it up"

and loads of other ones ;)

• 5 weeks later...

Ive found that some lyrics, either stick in your head or have a really special meaning to you. Just wondering what everyones favourite line from any Green Day song is? It can just be because its catchy or it can mean something (:

definitely. ''you're just a fuck. i cant explain it cause i think you suck.'' fucking love that line!

Theres already a thread like this. :D

I just can't find it on search cause I'm too stupid.

Theres already a thread like this. :D

I just can't find it on search cause I'm too stupid.

My search isnt working, dont ask me why. So I guess there will just have to be 2 threads. (:

My search isnt working, dont ask me why. So I guess there will just have to be 2 threads. (:

Nah they'll wind up closing it.

i would say: "My girlfriend left me on the phone,I'm pathetically left here alone.I cannot call this sane!I cannot call this sane!" or maybe"Eternal youth is a landscape of the lie"

Archived