Favourite Line from a Green Day Song

greendaytone

^ thanks for the tip, Shoot the Moon is the only album the store had- the others were discontinued. i'll keep my eyes open!

and this isn't the best song, but i love this part when he sings On the Ave. live:

"I had some friends, a psychotic couple

They had a room in a residential hotel

They fought in the bed

While we fucked on the floor"

:lol:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"And in the darkest night

If my memory serves me right

I'll never turn back time

Forgetting you, but not the time"

Yay my favourite thread is back :cool:

In 'Westbound Sign', I like it when he sings,

"Is tragedy 2000 miles away?"

Totally a cool little reference to '2000 Light Years Away' right there. When he sings that line he even puts on the slightly odd voice he sang the older song in (check out how he says "away"). Westbound Sign is like a continuation of the story. I think the reference is really sweet, and it always makes me smile :happy:

and this isn't the best song, but i love this part when he sings On the Ave. live:

"I had some friends, a psychotic couple

They had a room in a residential hotel

They fought in the bed

While we fucked on the floor"

:lol:

I am obsessed with that song at the moment, love that part. Also,

"We were a mess

Bloody and half undressed"

Guest billy024

"First off, fuck your bitch

And the click you claim

West side when we ride

Come equipped with game

You claim to be a player

But I fucked your wife

We bust on Bad Boys

niggas fuck for Life"

oh wait nevermind that's not Green Day's lyrics.

"There is nothing left to analyze"

and or

"But now it's gone and I take the blame

So there's nothing I can do but take the pain"

"Check my vital signs to know I'm still alive" - Boulevard of broken dreams

AND

"Cause everyone's heart, doesn't beat the same" - Jesus of Suburbia

"we'll never stop once we start" :happy:

"cuz you are the one that started, to make me feel this way.

and every night im thinkin' about those words you've said you say".

"she.she screams in silence, a sullen riot penetrating through her mind."

and

" you can't go voicing something if its just not right.."

and for some reason...

"smoking cigarettes wasting your time." - I guess I just like the way he sings this line...

on wake me up when september ends,

the second time he says

"As my memory rests, but never forgets what i lost"

i love that part, i guess its cause he changes hes tone on the voice in that word lol:P

From 'MPLS Song' -

Broke and lonely, cold and hungry

and though it may sound

Funny, I'm doing alright

It's another dreary night ...

Well actually, I love the lyrics to whole song, it's hard picking just a few lines out XD.

I love that whole song, too, and I always love to hear the first line when it shuffles around. When he sings "Iggy Pop is playin' downtown" he sounds SO forlorn.

Yay my favourite thread is back :cool:

In 'Westbound Sign', I like it when he sings,

"Is tragedy 2000 miles away?"

Totally a cool little reference to '2000 Light Years Away' right there. When he sings that line he even puts on the slightly odd voice he sang the older song in (check out how he says "away"). Westbound Sign is like a continuation of the story. I think the reference is really sweet, and it always makes me smile :happy:

I am obsessed with that song at the moment, love that part. Also,

"We were a mess

Bloody and half undressed"

My favorite thread, too! I love the lyrics so much!

Friday I was driving to work and Uptight shuffled around. Listening to the lyrics made me think of this thread.

"I woke up on the wrong side of the floor ... Broke my engagement with myself ... " etc :)

Caution! Police Line! You'd better not cross!

Is the cop or am I the one that's really dangerous?

I don't know why I like it so much...I suppose it's the way his voice gets all rough when he sings 'one'.

Good message too...something to think about.

"What's the consolations prize? Economy size dreams of hope..."

Macy's Day Parade. Listening to that the other day, great lyrics!

Read between the lines of what's fucked up and everything's alright - Boulevard of Broken Dreams

16 and a son of a bitch got a gun and a strychnine twitch- Stop, drop and roll

And I find it hard to be myself

(can you please explain?)

And I do not think that it's my health

(you're the one to blame) - The Judge's Daughter

and...

it's not a line in a song but I love the guitar solo (?) in Wake Me Up When September Ends

" you can't go voicing something if its just not right.."

Isn't it, "you can't go forcing something if it's just not right"? And I love this line, too!!!

Nice one guys. This is also proving quite insightful for some lines i wasn't sure of the words for.

How about...

"Dickhead, F***face,c*** smoking, Motherf****, a**hole, dirty boy, waste of cemen, hope you die, waaaaa!!"

Please excuse Billie Joe's language!

ill agree with this one.

Isn't it, "you can't go forcing something if it's just not right"? And I love this line, too!!!

Great line. That song has several of my favourite lines in it, it's just a perfect song. Really interesting choices of words, and even a fabulous made up word :D

"Well don't get lonely now

And dry your whining eyes

I'm just roaming for the moment

Sleazing my back yard"

and

"I'm a loser and a user so I don't need no accuser

To try and slag me down because I know you're right"

By the way I love your ava!

At the moment, I'm really liking the whole of Poprocks and Coke. I can't choose which parts to use, so I'll just go with this: "Wherever you go you know I'll be there. If you go far, you know I'll be there. I'll go anywhere, so I'll see you there." I like the way he says "Wherever" in the very beginning. For me, the song has a lot of importance on many different things. It especially reminds me of the bond that I have with my current horse, as well as the bond that I had with my old horse. I would do anything for those two.

Great line. That song has several of my favourite lines in it, it's just a perfect song. Really interesting choices of words, and even a fabulous made up word :D

"Well don't get lonely now

And dry your whining eyes

I'm just roaming for the moment

Sleazing my back yard"

and

"I'm a loser and a user so I don't need no accuser

To try and slag me down because I know you're right"

By the way I love your ava!

I love those lines, too! The word sleazing and the phrase "slag me down" are just so evocative in this song.

Thanks re the ava - a friend took this photo when I was dancing to John Lennon's "Birthday Song" recently. I didn't know he took it until he emailed it to me. I was really having such a great time and happy to have it captured (even though I normally hate having my photo taken).

At the moment, I'm really liking the whole of Poprocks and Coke. I can't choose which parts to use, so I'll just go with this: "Wherever you go you know I'll be there. If you go far, you know I'll be there. I'll go anywhere, so I'll see you there." I like the way he says "Wherever" in the very beginning. For me, the song has a lot of importance on many different things. It especially reminds me of the bond that I have with my current horse, as well as the bond that I had with my old horse. I would do anything for those two.

I love that song, too. I hear the first "wherever" as "Whe' e'r" and I love that pronunciation, too. And I love the line, "I'll go anywhere - just to see you there." I think the main thing I really like about this song is not so much the words, which are really simple, but the sound and the feeling of it - BJ puts the feeling into it with the way he sings it - and it always makes me feel kind of warm and sappy :).

I love that song, too. I hear the first "wherever" as "Whe' e'r" and I love that pronunciation, too. And I love the line, "I'll go anywhere - just to see you there." I think the main thing I really like about this song is not so much the words, which are really simple, but the sound and the feeling of it - BJ puts the feeling into it with the way he sings it - and it always makes me feel kind of warm and sappy :).

Yeah, I like the whole feel of the song... sounds like of upbeat.. I really like the "I'll go anywhere, so I'll see you there." part as well.

Poprocks is such a heartfelt song, loved it when it came out with International Superhits and still do! Fits in with the Warning era, where i think Billie Joe was coming to terms with how important his marriage was.

I love it when it builds up towards the end.... "if you should fall, you know i'll be there!"

Bllie's voice is great in this song.

Isn't it 'I'll go anywhere, so I'll see you there?'

I might be wrong...

Archived