Favourite Line from a Green Day Song

greendaytone

Oh and that's my favourite line from Sally too :cool:

Even though I used to think it said "Rub your shadow on a subway wall", which would make it an even better lyric in my expert opinion :lol:

I used to think it said that, too! Now that I know the correct lyrics, I still sing it the wrong way...

"rub your shadow on a subway wall.." :whistling:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and even though im not a big fan of Aligator, when he goes "'better get your moving!" it comes out more like "spetta getchea movin!"

lol im a dork!

I get the feeling he was going into 'space invader' again and then he corrects it mid-word. :)

I get the feeling he was going into 'space invader' again and then he corrects it mid-word. :)

that may very well be what happened!

either way, that's the only reason why i listen to the song as much as i do :D

Nice one guys. This is also proving quite insightful for some lines i wasn't sure of the words for.

How about...

"Dickhead, F***face,c*** smoking, Motherf****, a**hole, dirty boy, waste of cemen, hope you die, waaaaa!!"

Please excuse Billie Joe's language!

HAHAHA dats a great song in its entirety *I know a big word lol* btw its dirty twat (such a great choice :woot: )

Do you have a favourite line from a Green Day song?

For example, at the moment, i'm loving "well little pieces of sticks and a pocket of stones" from FHTB's Pieces of Truth.

I just love the way Billie Joe sings it in that kind of brattish way.

Also "It don't take a genius to be an idiot" from Mother Mary was another.

Whats your favourite's?

(Apologies if there is already a topic out there similar to this)

Wat a great topic :lol: Heres sum great 1s

"Can we find a way, so that u can stay, I think I'm gonna pop!!!" - Judge's daughter

"Wake up the house is on fire and the cat's caught in the dryer,

Philosophys a liar when ur home is ur headstone" - deadbeat holiday

"Hey old man in womens clothes I wonder if he knows I think he's crazy" - Android

"Do as I say not as I do because the shits so deep ya can't run away" - Walking contradiction

"Come together like a foot in a shoe, only this time I think I stuck my foot in my mouth" -walking alone

"I was a young boy dat had big plans, now I'm just another shitty old man"

Ha sooooo many more but der wat stands out atm....

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

^Couldn't agree more, I'm addicted to his voice in that song. And oh my, Red Tide.... :wub:

I couldn't agree with you more when it comes to Red Tide... I joking call that the orgasmic song. The way he uses his voice in that song is just ugggh.

hah those are probably the most entertaining lines from pieces of truth!

(even though i know the lyrics, from before when i didn't sometimes i still say "little pieces of sex & a bucket of stones" :lol:)

from Sally i love the way he says "drop your shadow on a subway wall, back in the shadow we can hear the call"

and even though im not a big fan of Aligator, when he goes "'better get your moving!" it comes out more like "spetta getchea movin!"

lol im a dork!

lol, you're not the only one... I always thought he said "sex" as well. And to screw up Sally... I always thought he said "Drop your shadow on a subway wall, back in the saddle when you hear the call." Made me think "does he ride english or western? and how fucking comical would it be to see him actually horseback riding?" So I guess I've outdorked you.

From Sally:

"Well come on baby take a chance and get your shit together."

(I always find myself singing that part...)

that is mine as well i love that part and just sing it all the time and i love the beat at the beggining and the end of the song. :D

I couldn't agree with you more when it comes to Red Tide... I joking call that the orgasmic song. The way he uses his voice in that song is just ugggh.

You have excellent taste. The orgasmic part is no joke! :whistling:

"Drop your shadow on a subway wall, back in the saddle when you hear the call." Made me think "does he ride english or western? and how fucking comical would it be to see him actually horseback riding?" So I guess I've outdorked you.

i always thought he did say "saddle" :huh:

lol watch green day- i mean-FHT's big marketing scheme; brokeback reverend (no!!!)

"It seems so frightening time passes by like lightning before you know it your struck down"

"Dragging on and on until my skin is ripped to shreds leaving my self open wide leaving out a sacrifice"

"I'm taken pride in telling you to fuck off and die!"

"count down from 9 to 5 hooray were gonna die"

"You were a asshole and now youre gone"

too many awesome lines too just pick one

lol watch green day- i mean-FHT's big marketing scheme; brokeback reverend (no!!!)

:woot: Sounds good to me.

:woot: Sounds good to me.

unless you wanna see some reverend guy-on-guy action instead of reverend on you action, it is not sounding good!

:P

agh, anyway on the topic, my favorite part of The One i Want is the very beginning

"sitting in my room last night, starring at the mirror, i couldn't find a reason why i couldn't be near her.

cuz you are the one that started to make me feel this way, and every night im thinking about the words you'll say..."

:wub:

^

In that case still sounding very good

:shifty:

I like the harmony on the chorus, and then when he goes

"'Cause you are the one that I waa-aaa-aa-aa-aant!"

:D

^

:lol:

what about...that little chorus part in One for the Razorbacks? "open up your worried world and let me iiiinnnn!"

^ :lol: Awesome of course. Even better is in In The End when he goes

"Sooooooooooooo

I hope I won't be there in the end

When you come around"

Hell yeah!

"Sooooooooooooo

you have no idea how many times i'd say that when i was first listening to Dookie!

Do Da Da (being one of my constant favorites): "oh hand up your soul to my wrist and i'll vow my trust to you. moving on and i always thought i realized you've imagined"

what does that even really mean anyway? well whatever it is i love it!

i always thought he did say "saddle" :huh:

HAHA! Congrats, you just made me die laughing (although the mental pic whichever option you choose, wouldn't be too bad either)... that and with watching the storytellers earlier (the fart, haha, that gets me every time), I't been nothing but a constant gigglefest today.

And not to spam... another fav line of mine is "Red eye, code blue, I'd like to strangle you, and watch your eyes pop right out of your skull".... why you ask? Because I always think of those stress ball things where you squeeze them and their eyes pop out... makes me chuckle.

HAHA! Congrats, you just made me die laughing... that and with watching the storytellers earlier (the fart, haha, that gets me every time), I't been nothing but a constant gigglefest today.

oh i missed storytellers today?

darn.

well if you have FUSE then the making of BOBD and then green day loaded is on at 11pm EST.

how about a line from Maria: "she'll drag the lake to keep the vendetta alive"

Guys, loving the posts on here. Great to see so many people feel the same about Green Day lyrics as me. Still lovin' the Foxboro Hot Tubs...

"16 and a son of a bitch

hot a gun and a strychnine twitch!"

And 2000 light years away feels quite relevant to me at the moment:

"I sit alone in my bedroom, starin at the wall,

i been up all damn night long,

my pulse is speedin', my heart is yearning,

I hold my breath and close my eyes,

and dream about her"

Awesome love song. Love the way there is a Green Day song for every mood :-)

oh i missed storytellers today?

darn.

well if you have FUSE then the making of BOBD and then green day loaded is on at 11pm EST.

how about a line from Maria: "she'll drag the lake to keep the vendetta alive"

actually, I was looking for a tape that had some video's of my old horse on it, and I stumbled across the tape with Storytellers on it.

"Dearly beloved are you listening, I can't remember a word that you were saying".... I love the way he sings "listening"

How about from "Stuck with Me"? I love how he goes..

"Well I know I'm not alright.''

On the word "know", it kinda sounds like when you have a cold :lol:

Love how he sounds, though :wub:

BTW, thanks for reminding me about FUSE tonight. Need to set that DVR.

How about from "Stuck with Me"? I love how he goes..

"Well I know I'm not alright.''

On the word "know", it kinda sounds like when you have a cold :lol:

Love how he sounds, though :wub:

BTW, thanks for reminding me about FUSE tonight. Need to set that DVR.

Billie often sounds like he has a cold, which is why many reviewers have labeled his singing "adenoidal." I sometimes notice when I listen to Give Me Novacaine, that it sounds like he's saying "Dovacaide." But I agree - I love his sound and wouldn't want it to change.

^ :lol: Awesome of course. Even better is in In The End when he goes

"Sooooooooooooo

I hope I won't be there in the end

When you come around"

Hell yeah!

Hell yeah, indeed! That "Sooooooooooooo gets me every time.

• 4 weeks later...

[/bump]

i just got phgp so now it's time for me to finally post a few faves:

From Junkpile-

"Help me back to last year, now that was something else

Give me something to escape from besides myself

Beside me, inside me.

Growl or Scowl i dont care..."

Kathleen-

"Kathleen walked up, said "you alright?"

No, im in pain, duh."

My Boot in your face is what keeps me alive- (aka my favorite song atm)

"I remember all the late latenights

All the lists and trying to write

down something to make some sense of it

that we could save"

and from Asheville-

"and go to the Thomas Wolfe Museum....

when it's actually OPEN!"

^If you're only just getting into PHGP, you should look up Carry The Banner, Goodbye Elston Avenue and Complusive Disclosure too - those are my favorite albums by them. (And I agree, Kathleen is an amazing song, I love the lyrics.)

From 'MPLS Song' -

Broke and lonely, cold and hungry

and though it may sound

Funny, I'm doing alright

It's another dreary night ...

Well actually, I love the lyrics to whole song, it's hard picking just a few lines out XD.

Archived