Favourite Line from a Green Day Song

greendaytone

I'm beat down a half brain dead

The long lost king of fools

I may be dumb but I'm not stupid enough to stay with you!

Ahhhhhhhh Shit...stuart and the ave?

I think...

Best line ever.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^I love that line, it's the best part of the song. I like the way he says "stupid" :lol:, it makes me smile.

you cant go forcing something if its just not right. oh... too many!

and .>>> cuz no one knows.....

"It's easy to be disappointed

when you got such high expectations

and things don't always go the way you planned...."

From Pinhead Gunpowder's Beastly Bit, I think.

Also like how they finish with "And you, my green haired girl.." :lol:

"Seems like everything was just a fraction of a second from being okay"

From Governator (not one of my favorite of their songs, but there are things I love about it - including this line).

Love that whole song, and the ending, too - always makes me grin!

"im loosing, all my happiness. the happiness you've pinned on me, the lonleyness still comforts me.

my anger, dwells inside of me. i'm taking it all out on you, and all the shit you put me though". - Having a Blast

*bitter*

"im taking back what's mine" "no loss of love, the smell of regret"- Take Back

"loose ends tied in knots leaving a lump down im my throat"- Scattered

:mellow:

Ahh I love that whole song :wub:

Another favorite from Pinhead Gunpowder is Keeping Warm in the Nighttime..

"Keeping warm in the nighttime burning hopes and dreams

and even impossible schemes seem possible anything's possible

everything seems so clear..."

OR

From Losers of the Year:

"and I'm wondering about all the wonderful people who used to hang around

and if they got it and if they got what I've still never found."

I love these. :wub:

Another favorite from Pinhead Gunpowder is Keeping Warm in the Nighttime..

"Keeping warm in the nighttime burning hopes and dreams

and even impossible schemes seem possible anything's possible

everything seems so clear..."

Amazing - as I opened this to read it, Keeping Warm in the Nighttime had just shuffled around. The really amazing thing, though, is how often this happens to me!

I really like these lines from longview:

I got no motiviation

Where is my motiviation?

No time for motiviation

Smoking my inspiration

And these from good riddance:

It's something unpredictable

But in the end it's right

I hope you had the time of your life

I really like these lines from longview:

I got no motiviation

Where is my motiviation?

No time for motiviation

Smoking my inspiration

That's so weird. I was listening to Dookie absent-mindedly on the bus earlier. When those exact lines came on they got my attention for some reason, and I thought how much I love the way they sound. So tuneful and poppy, but so hopeless and dark at the same time. Spooky :lol:

"They say home is where your heart is but what a shame cos everyone's heart doesn't beat the same"

I just love this lyric.

I have been listening to 'She' a lot recently and the following lines really stick out:

Are you locked up in a world,

that's been planned out for you?

Are you feeling like a

Social tool without a use?

The lines represents how I've been thinking lately. I realise how much I don't want to 'stick by the rules.' I don't want to graduate, get a full time job straight away, get married and have kids. Some of my friends are doing this already and it's a little strange to me. I'm sick of older people asking 'Oh, are you not settled down with a man yet?' I don't want to have the typical planned out life and I'll take each day as it comes.

That's so weird. I was listening to Dookie absent-mindedly on the bus earlier. When those exact lines came on they got my attention for some reason, and I thought how much I love the way they sound. So tuneful and poppy, but so hopeless and dark at the same time. Spooky :lol:

Maybe we have some sort of telepathy or something :)

Amazing - as I opened this to read it, Keeping Warm in the Nighttime had just shuffled around. The really amazing thing, though, is how often this happens to me!

LOL, that's happened to me before also! Feels strange, doesn't it?

I was listening to Jump Salty all morning, so I have the lyrics stuck in my head right now :happy:

LOL, that's happened to me before also! Feels strange, doesn't it?

I was listening to Jump Salty all morning, so I have the lyrics stuck in my head right now :happy:

Hahaha - what's really funny is that it looks like Hermione and dr_sadness_88 had a similar experience at about the same time :). I love how life is so bizarre!!!

Hahaha - what's really funny is that it looks like Hermione and dr_sadness_88 had a similar experience at about the same time :). I love how life is so bizarre!!!

I hadn't noticed that! Weird! :lol:

I hadn't noticed that! Weird! :lol:

"on a steady diet of

soda pop and ritalin

no one ever died for my sins in hell

's far as I can tell

least the ones I got away with"

This has always been one of my favorites, but NOW, it will also bring back this hilarious memory (which goes right along with the freaky things happening with Green Day music lately, like the recent experiences mentioned above):

I was just sitting here at my computer (working), when my son called me. JOS was playing, and it was right at that part. I answered the phone and yelled into it, "hold on!" because I hate to interrupt right in the middle of a great line. It was my son calling, and when I could finally hear him, he was laughing and holding his cell phone up to his CD player (in his car) - guess what song was playing? I got so confused for a second - how bizarre - yet again - he was listening to JOS, too!

My family is just too weird for words. We couldn't even talk for a minute because we were laughing so hard :lol:

It seems so frightnin'.

Time passes by like lightnin'

Before you know it you're struck down.

That's been stuck in my head for a while. If I took a while and thought about it, I'm sure I'd come up with something else.

I was just sitting here at my computer (working), when my son called me. JOS was playing, and it was right at that part. I answered the phone and yelled into it, "hold on!" because I hate to interrupt right in the middle of a great line. It was my son calling, and when I could finally hear him, he was laughing and holding his cell phone up to his CD player (in his car) - guess what song was playing? I got so confused for a second - how bizarre - yet again - he was listening to JOS, too!

My family is just too weird for words. We couldn't even talk for a minute because we were laughing so hard :lol:

Well when Greg came in town this weekend, we went to a St Louis Cardinals game and before the game he gave me a present that had a line from Hitching a Ride on it. When CW picked us up after the game we turned off the CD and hitching a ride was on the radio. . . . . a bit odd that that song is never on the radio, and they would happen to play the song that had something to do with what he gave me.

THEN the next day we went to six flags, had the ipods playing the whole time, he turned it off and I didnt know it and She was on the radio. When it was over I just said WAS that just on the radio. He said yep. We both thought it was strange.

Rehab rejects still sniffing glue.....that line always cracks me up for some reason.

"on a steady diet of

soda pop and ritalin

no one ever died for my sins in hell

's far as I can tell

least the ones I got away with"

This has always been one of my favorites, but NOW, it will also bring back this hilarious memory (which goes right along with the freaky things happening with Green Day music lately, like the recent experiences mentioned above):

I guess Green Day can bring people together in more ways than we can imagine, huh? :lol:

Here's another of my favorite lines from Pinhead Gunpowder's MPLS Song:

"Sometimes its what you love most that suffocates you.

Sometimes its good to give friends a chance to miss you."

I guess Green Day can bring people together in more ways than we can imagine, huh? :lol:

That's another song I love, too!

That song made me fall in love with Pinhead Gunpowder.

And...I wasn't sure who was singing it either. :o

Now I know... :lol:

Second street is a great song too.

I love the lyrics.

And At your funeral! Love love love that one. :lol:

That song made me fall in love with Pinhead Gunpowder.

And...I wasn't sure who was singing it either. :o

Now I know... :lol:

Second street is a great song too.

I love the lyrics.

And At your funeral! Love love love that one. :lol:

I love the "ha ha ha at your family" and the attitude with which he sings it!

... and Song of My Returning ...

Archived