Favourite Line from a Green Day Song

greendaytone

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"No time to search the world around, 'cause you know where i'll be found, when I come around"

:lol:

exactly.

And it's so wonderful to have found a place where there are people who feel the same way!

me too!!! reading through all the songs yesterday, looking for good lines, it really made me fall in love with green day all over again!

Yeah, that's how I'm feeling about this thread. I always listen to a lot of Green Day - probably 75% to 85% of what I listen to right now (if I included side projects). This thread has started me listening a lot closer, because those lyrics will just jump out at me.

I'm a word person to begin with, and I think I would love these songs even without music to go with them. But the music is always such a perfect fit with the lyrics that it accentuates them beautifully. The whole song taken together becomes something magical for me. I'm not enough of a word person to really express how it feels, though. This is just the best I could do :(

And it's so wonderful to have found a place where there are people who feel the same way!

Yeah, that's how I'm feeling about this thread. I always listen to a lot of Green Day - probably 75% to 85% of what I listen to right now (if I included side projects). This thread has started me listening a lot closer, because those lyrics will just jump out at me.

I'm a word person to begin with, and I think I would love these songs even without music to go with them. But the music is always such a perfect fit with the lyrics that it accentuates them beautifully. The whole song taken together becomes something magical for me. I'm not enough of a word person to really express how it feels, though. This is just the best I could do :(

We know where you're coming from!

Even though i listen to Green Day all the time, i still don't know all the lyrics to every song. I just never bother to look them up, and then just end up making up my own words. Its good looking through here and finding out what some of them actually are!

Green Day fans are the best fans!

and then just end up making up my own words.

hah, yea i did that alot for Shenanigans. otherwise when there's a booklet i just read along.

Oh god I've been totally obsessed with the lyrics fom the start!

In fact, the way I first got into Green Day was I borrowed a load of random CDs off my dad and American Idiot happened to be among them. I started listening to it and flipped the booklet open. I liked the look of it and somehow I ended up listening to the whole album through while reading the lyrics at the same time - I thought they were amazing and I couldn't stop reading them once I'd started. I'd never been so impressed by lyrics before in my life, and the moment the CD ended I knew there was something special about this band and I needed MORE!

I've been hooked on their lyrics ever since, Billie Joe is hands down the greatest lyricist of all time. I love the words of every single song, they're perfect :wub:

i know what you mean! i just recently joined the forum, though i've been lurking on GDA for almost four years, and its really nice to have a place to talk about green day (or anything else really), with people who feel the same way i do. none of my friends like green day to the extent that i do, most of them only know the singles and such. hah, and my constant green day chatter must make them crazy i'm sure. so it's pretty great to have all you to talk to :wub:

I'll do one from every album

1,039 "Today I kept on falling down I thought it was the street so I look down at my shoes They were on the wrong feet"

Kerplunk My immortal thoughts turned into just dreams of a dead future

Dookie- Do you have the time to listen to me whine about NOTHING and EVERYTHING all at once Insomniac

Nimrod "I've decomposed yet my gut's getting fat"

Warning "Blinded by the silence of a thousand broken hearts

American Idiot "The space that's in between insane and insecure"

I remember I had a favorite line from something off Kerplunk I believe, and I totally fucked up the words. But I liked what I was saying...'cause it was funny.

But On the wagon again...anyone ever find this line super funny?

Sometimes it gets real hard

I'm a sick person. :whistling:

"oh my god i'm turning out like my dad."

reminds me of me, since ever since my dad left i have apparently been acting exactly like him - moody, sarky as fuck, etc. \:

I remember I had a favorite line from something off Kerplunk I believe, and I totally fucked up the words. But I liked what I was saying...'cause it was funny.

But On the wagon again...anyone ever find this line super funny?

I'm a sick person. :whistling:

Hahahaha - I just recently had a conversation with Beth about this song. I was telling her how funny I find the first few lines -

And I need some kind of output

For an input twice the size of my one inch mind

So slap me on the hand

Put it right back down my pants

Turn me right around and kick me in the ass

I guess I have a filthy, sick mind myself.

And the way Billie sings it is hilarious - he sounds like the kind of drunk who's trying to pick up the sleaziest woman in the bar.

LOVE it!

Oh god I've been totally obsessed with the lyrics fom the start!

In fact, the way I first got into Green Day was I borrowed a load of random CDs off my dad and American Idiot happened to be among them. I started listening to it and flipped the booklet open. I liked the look of it and somehow I ended up listening to the whole album through while reading the lyrics at the same time - I thought they were amazing and I couldn't stop reading them once I'd started. I'd never been so impressed by lyrics before in my life, and the moment the CD ended I knew there was something special about this band and I needed MORE!

I've been hooked on their lyrics ever since, Billie Joe is hands down the greatest lyricist of all time. I love the words of every single song, they're perfect :wub:

I so agree with you. Sometimes when I first hear a song, I just listen to it on the surface. Then I start hearing little bits and pieces as more meaningful than I first realized. Billie's songs are so rich in this way. There are layers and layers of meaning, and I'm still finding some of them - even though it's been a while since I've listened to one of their songs for the first time ...

We know where you're coming from!

It's impossible to express how happy that makes me!

^

^

^ :lol: :lol: Janewt, so it's not just me who thinks that about On the Wagon.

Come on, there's no way he meant those lyrics entirely innocently, I think when he wrote it he must've had a bit of a filthy mind himself!

"I woke up on the wrong side of the floor.

Made, made my way through the front door.

Broke my engagement with myself.

Perfect picture of bad health.

Another notch scratched on my belt.

The future just ain't what it used to be" from Uptight

"One night stands and cheap regrets

I take another drag off of my cigarette"

and

"Slipped into a coma once again.

Where's my organ donor to lend a hand?" both from Suffocate and I love the tempo of this song - the way it has such an agitated feeling.

god, I don't know french.

le pourqouis yoo??

:lol:

omg que?! :cry: < non joyous piddles

^

^

^ :lol: :lol: Janewt, so it's not just me who thinks that about On the Wagon.

Come on, there's no way he meant those lyrics entirely innocently, I think when he wrote it he must've had a bit of a filthy mind himself!

I have no doubt whatsoever that Billie Joe's mind is one of the filthiest there is. I just surprise myself when I pick up on it so easily. He's brought out a whole new side of me! :lol:

a smart arse but im playin dumb

I love that line and one a couple of lines above it:

"My wallet's fat and so is my head."

I do believe that statement is rather bias.

Nice one guys. This is also proving quite insightful for some lines i wasn't sure of the words for.

How about...

"Dickhead, F***face,c*** smoking, Motherf****, a**hole, dirty boy, waste of cemen, hope you die, waaaaa!!"

Please excuse Billie Joe's language!

hahaha i love that part!

AHHH!!!! I can't pick just lines!!!but....

"Would I last forever? You and I together, hand and hand/We run away (far away)/I'm in for nasty weather/But I'll take whatever you can give that comes my way (far away)" from going to pasal...pasc.. pasaqual... How do you ponounce that!?!?

"Picture sounds/Of moving insects so surreal/Lay around/Looks like I found something new" from Green day

"Gotta make a plan/Gotta do what's right/Can't run around in circles/If ya wanna build a life/But I don't wanna make a plan/For a day far away/While im young and while I'm able/All I wanna do is..." from J.A.R

"Hey you, where did you come from?/Got a head full of lead, you're a inbred b*****d son." :teehee: :lol: from prosthetic head...

"Wake up, The house is on fire/And the cat's caught in the dryer"""Icon" is the last chance for hope/When there's no such thing as heroes""Last chance to piss it all away/Nothing but hell to pay whan all you/Want to do is...not to....give up......" ALL from Deadbeat Holiday

"Here lies the truth/The lost treasures of my youth" from Hold On... Actually I like ALL of Hold On... but that would be to much to type...

GOD i wrote a lot :lol: ... whoops!!!!!! sorry!

^^^ i've often wondered myself how you're supposed to pronounce "pasalacqua"

"Here lies the truth/The lost treasures of my youth" from Hold On... Actually I like ALL of Hold On... but that would be to much to type...

I love that song, especially the section with that line in it! I'm always so happy when it shuffles around :)

"So I run to the edge

Of the shadow of a doubt

With my conscience bleeding

Here lies the truth the lost treasures of my youth

As I hold to the break of day "

Archived