Holy crap! Look what I found in someone's trash!

Bolanic

I was walking through my neighborhood about an hour ago when I saw a framed poster full of dust and spider webs sticking out of the top of someone's trash can. I walked over and pulled it out, and it was a poster from Green Day's show at the Hollywood Palladium in 1994! And, it's signed and numbered by the artist! It has water damage stains on the back of it, but they hardly show on the front. What makes it really special is that I was at both of those shows! It's unbelieveable what people will throw away! :blink:

awasde.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude! That's crazy!

Small world, after all.

Wow, that is amazing. I work with archival material and if you can take it to a frame shop they might be able to clean it in such as way as to take some of the water stains out and prevent any mold forming. If they can't do it, they might be able to point you to a conservator that might be able to clean it. It would cost some money, but if it's signed and numbered, it would be well worth it. And such a memento since you at the concert, too. Congratulations, that's a great find. I bet there's not that many out there anymore, too.

That's cool :happy:, at least you'll take better care of it than those people.

that's awesome!!

finders keepers, loser's weepers ;)

Haha that's so awesome. Lucky you. :)

Wow, that is amazing. I work with archival material and if you can take it to a frame shop they might be able to clean it in such as way as to take some of the water stains out and prevent any mold forming. If they can't do it, they might be able to point you to a conservator that might be able to clean it. It would cost some money, but if it's signed and numbered, it would be well worth it.

That's a great idea! I think I'll do that. It's really big, too. 24"X36".

Wow, thats so weird and random!! I wish I could just find something like that. Good job!

Heh awesome find! :D

I used to have a shirt with that picture on. Actually I probably have it somewhere in storage.

WOW that looks just like my moms when she was really young!!!!!! :lol:I still give you major promts for finding it though!!!!

I totally would have been there. Had I not been 1 year old...

One person's trash is another person's treasure. :D

agreed

Shit thats awesome you found it, you lucky guy im surprised someone threw that out. I would have never let such a treasure like that go

Lucky bastard. :lol:

JK

But congrats on that find! Take good care of it. :wink:

Archived