is there such a thing as TOO much green day?

ainsley_atombomb

alright, so I work in a store that sells tons of Green Day stuff. We just got in 21st Century Breakdown t-shirts, and of course, i got it right away. I own practically everything we sell at the store (check out my sig if you wanna see my sweet collection!!) We're now playing 21st Century Breakdown in the mix everyday, so I hear the whole cd probably twice a day (I could sing the whole cd after only 2 days! lol)

My question is... do you think you could ever have TOO much Green Day? Could you ever get sick of them? Me, I live, breathe, eat, and poop Green Day. I hear them at work and then I listen to them at home too and I'm STILL not sick of them!!

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NO, never, not at all there is undeniably no way you could have too much Green Day I could listen to them 24/7 365 days a year and would buy every single piece of Green Day merchandise ever made if I could afford it

Too much? No. Can I get tired of some Green Day? Yeah but if I get tired of 21CB I can pop in Kerplunk or any others in within a few days I will want to listen to 21CB and still love it.

I don't think I'll ever get sick of them. For the last 4 years I think I've listened to Green Day pretty much every day, I just love their music and there seems to be a song for any and every mood I might be in. Never been too bothered about merchandise but as far as the music, lyrics, and live footage, I can't get enough. They're the best and nothing will top them.

I used to be totally obsessed with Green Day when I was 15... I listened to them every day, searched for GD sites on the internet, watched concerts, bought CD's and so on... and I never got sick of them.

When 21st CB was released it was the only CD I listened to for about two or three weeks, I was online every day to look for news and to download live performances.

I just love them... and I think if you love them as much as I do (and so it seems to me), you won't get sick of them.

When I read the title I thought it was about marijuana. Haha.

You wish, just so you could post "Helllllls naw! :D"

But yeah, there is definitely such a thing as too much Green Day. There's such a thing as too much anything, after a while. I go through phases of obsession, so at one point, there was no way I could have too much Green Day. But at this point in my life, there is. You see? :)

Twice I wondered if I was acting too much for them.

When I came back from NY, where I bought a lot of stuff about them (cds, dvd, Adeline clothes, book, magazines...); and when I got my 4 tickets for their next European tour.

But actually, no. They have a big part in my life, and that's it.

And I agree with Green Daynger25, if you get sick of one album, you can listen to the others they've made. That's the cool thing with them!

I don't think I'll ever get sick of them. For the last 4 years I think I've listened to Green Day pretty much every day, I just love their music and there seems to be a song for any and every mood I might be in. Never been too bothered about merchandise but as far as the music, lyrics, and live footage, I can't get enough. They're the best and nothing will top them.

:happy: I totally agree, same here. ^_^ Green Day always has something for me, no matter my mood. I cant fathom the idea of ever not loving them more than anything.

nope. when I used to work retail they'd play a good amount of the songs (mainly pop rocks and coke), I was usually stressed out because most of my co-workers treated me like shit, but when Green Day came on I noticed that my stress level went down, so it really helped having them play. I have since quit my job because when they weren't discriminating against me, they went onto the customers and that's where I drew the line.

I OD'ed on Green Day once :P When I first got into them, in a matter of 2-3 months I got all their albums and I'd listen to the entire discography at least once a day. This went on for about a year, and then I started listening to other bands and found myself not able to listen to Green Day anymore for a while. I still loved them and they were always one of my favorite bands, but I didn't listen to them for about a year and a half or so.

Oh no, i don't get sick of my favorites for all time.

I hear them all the day long and I talk of them all the time.

and I really don't get sick of them..

i will never get sick of them.

yeah i sometimes get bored of listening to them and have a change for a while, but i can't get sick of them properly, cos they do literally keep me living and breathing, but i do need a change less i would get seriously bored of listening to them all the time

Never. I can listen to them every day and it never gets tiring. Even though I'm a recent fan, they will hopefully be a part of my life for a long time.

There's such a thing as too much anything.

So yeah, you can have too much Green Day.

NO, never, not at all there is undeniably no way you could have too much Green Day I could listen to them 24/7 365 days a year and would buy every single piece of Green Day merchandise ever made if I could afford it

Exactly this

God never and No, I listen to them every day have done for years. :)

They're in my heart they're in my soul :wub:

Short term? Yes. Long term? I doubt I'd ever get completely sick of them. When I like a band, I like the band for life usually.

Same for me, I listen to Green Day basically on a daily basis. I just cannot get enough and I listen to them 197868634 more times than any other band I listen to and I know everything about them. I like that. But I do sometimes get burnt out on CD's. I have to change them around so that I don't have too much of a CD and then I have to put it down. I learned that with American Idiot when it first came out. Yeah the first two years I listened to it every single day all day basically then I got too much of it, and I put it down for 6 straight months and listened to my other Green Day CD's until I found the love again. But I try not to get myself burnt out on them again. Its hard to get too much of Green Day for me, but while they are still my favorite band and that will never change I do listen to other bands too in my meantime. I even have mini-phases where certain bands are my second favorite and then I like another band while those bands are still in what I play. It just adds to what I like personally. But its hard for me to ever get burnt out on Green Day.

Guest jetblackheart

There isn't such thing as too much music. :)

And when you look back at this summer years from now, the one thing you'll remember is that album. So it doesn't even matter if you get tired of listening to it at work. You'll start listening to it again eventually, and it'll always bring back memories.

No. I listen to them for 1/3 of my life now and I'm totally not sick of them. Sure, there were days when I were like "meh" when I listened to them but the next day it was over again.

I just love them. (not literality)

And I know I won't be sick of them in 2, 10 or 20 years. :happy:

Archived