East Jesus Nowhere

J'net

i love this song. its definitley rock. i love the guitar in this song

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite song from 21stCB, and possibly my fave Green Day song ever.

Well, for the moment. It changes often.

:lol:

Does anybody know what song is playing at the very beginning of this song. The one that goes "The Lights" It's driving me nuts. I love this song. I was just listening to it a few minutes ago. I love screaming the lyrics to this song. Really gets me pumped.

lol ever since i found out the whispering in the beginning is "dont test me" backwards, i always say it then (not backwards).

hmm...what to say, what to say....it's a good song. not my favorite but the message is there and the tune is infectious!

my favorite part is when they sing "oh bless me lord for i have sinned"

also, i have to laugh every time he says "ain't this uniform so flattering? i never asked you a God Damn thing!"

because he actually did just ask how he looked. also the irony of "god damn" in the song!

all in all, the track is a real hoot :lol:

Really????

"And we will see, how GODLESS a nation we have become"

I love when he 'jumps a coin for humanity' live

I don't think the whole song does, just the filthy sounding raunchy bit in the middle. Pure Rev :D

Plus all the religious imagery is quite reminiscent of the Tubs. Stop Drop And Roll is packed with religious imagery.

I think Peacemakier is the tubbiest album on there :P

love this song. my favorite on the album :D. the lyrics and the music are very varied. plus i dont know why it kinda reminds me of holiday. i just love it.

I agree on the Holiday thing. I think it's similar (omg, I just noticed why!) because it has a (solo) guitar riff for the intro and later in the song there's a bass solo. I actually like East Jesus more than Holiday, even though Holiday is sorta my all-time fave Green Day song as it was the first one I heard and the first one that got me into Green Day. The lyrics are genius! Billie stated his mind on religion so well with them and incorporated the awesome music into the song. I love how he didn't overstate anything and didn't make it sound like some anarchistic athiest song.

I'm officially an idiot for thinking that Billie sings "paint fanatics" in East Jesus Nowhere.

Too bad it's not. Paint fanatics are cool. Kind of reminds me of Waking Contradiction's glue sniffers.

great song, though some parts of the lyrics are kinda bad, yet I like it's "message"

and the start of my favorite act in the album :D

I actually didn't like it much. But I wanted to learn another 21CB song on guitar and I like the beginning of it much. That was about it for liking the song. So I started to learn it and so the song grew on me. Now I can say that I like the whole album

I love EJN,it was my first song I heard of 21stCBD and I fell in love with it immediately,I love the part where Billie sing Oh,bless me Lord for I have sinned,It's been a long time since I last confessed,I threw my crutches in the river of a shadow of doubt and I especially love the chorus.I'm in love with this song. :D

East Jesus nowhere , is my favorite song on the album. I completely love the lyrics ,music, everything about the song especially the part when Billie whispered don't test me..and so on....♥♥♥♥♥ hehe :D

I'm definitely sure it will be the third single, I'm so excited :))08-East_Jesus_Nowhere.jpg

hahaha just imagine the video for this song! gosh, it would be so fuckin awesome hahaha :D I love this song to death

It is gross and sad, but that's the point. It's like saying that confession and religion doesn't mean anything, you just become a "sacrificial suicide" that's lost all power and dignity (sodomizing is the ultimate act of rape and control and it strips the victim of everything). And dogs are blindly loyal to humans, man's best friends, so they used dogs to compare it to people who blindly follow religion and put their faith in it, like dogs put their faith in us to care for them.

Blindly? Like they follow the religion without knowing anything about it and putting their faith in it? is that what you mean? or did i completely misread it ha ha ha :blink:

IT'S MY NEW HYMN

ALONG WITH HOLIDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D

I LOVE THIS SONG

SPECIALLY BECAUSE I LIVE NEAR A CHURCH XD

IT'S MY NEW HYMN

ALONG WITH HOLIDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D

I LOVE THIS SONG

SPECIALLY BECAUSE I LIVE NEAR A CHURCH XD

whats with the caps :lol: anywayz yeah, good song to play near a church, play it loud on a sunday morning so all the worshippers hear it! that could be quite amusing expecially whens theres fuck all they can do about it cos your not playing it in the "holy place"

East Jesus nowhere , is my favorite song on the album. I completely love the lyrics ,music, everything about the song especially the part when Billie whispered don't test me..and so on....♥♥♥♥♥ hehe :D

I'm definitely sure it will be the third single, I'm so excited :))

that bits my fave too, it makes the back of my neck go all prickly

It is gross and sad, but that's the point. It's like saying that confession and religion doesn't mean anything, you just become a "sacrificial suicide" that's lost all power and dignity (sodomizing is the ultimate act of rape and control and it strips the victim of everything). And dogs are blindly loyal to humans, man's best friends, so they used dogs to compare it to people who blindly follow religion and put their faith in it, like dogs put their faith in us to care for them.

Yep - I think the danger presented by the blind, unquestioning faith of religious fanatics is exactly what he's going after here. It's not so much that religion itself is inherently evil or destructive, but a refusal to doubt, a refusal to question one's faith, is:

Oh, bless me Lord, for I have sinned

It's been a lifetime since I last confessed

I threw my crutches in "The River of

a Shadow of Doubt"

I interpret this verse to suggest that the "sin" is the person's act of extinguishing their doubt. To the fanatic, the result is healing or empowering (the metaphor for tossing away one's crutches during a faith-healing tent revival comes to mind), but to an outside, more balanced observer, it's a fault. For the fanatic to ask God to bless him for doing this is magnificent word play from Billie Joe and puts a perfect spotlight on the religious hypocrisy that's the focus of this track.

Awesome song! love the "dont test me" part, hopefully will be third single. Video will be awesome.

Love this song and an its almost certain to be the next single i think. Hopefully it will have a fun video :)

At first I didn't like it so much but now it's growing on me.

Ok, I just listened to the intro backwards for the first time, and, um... I don't hear any audible words in there at all.

EDIT: LMAO I'm a dumbass... I was listening to the wrong part backwards. Turns out I was listening to the "and we will see how godless..." part. I fail.

Awesome song! love the "dont test me" part, hopefully will be third single. Video will be awesome.

love that part too

i've had this in my head all day :lol:

I think of my Granny when I hear this song :blink: She's all into being seen at church and into "rebuke"ing things. She just follows that church blindly. I hate that church. I had to go last year and I swore to God I would never go back. All they preach is salvation and accepting Jesus as your savior. What's the next step? They don't preach that. But structured religion just pisses me off. They aren't preaching how you can save yourself, just enough so the church higher-ups don't fire them. It's sad to see people follow religion like that. I hope they find a way away from that. :/

The whispery backwards bit in the intro sounds like "ham sandwich" when it's played normally haha. Well I think so anyway :lol:

I'm really hoping this is the next single, the video would most definitely be epic.

Oh, bless me Lord, for I have sinned

It's been a lifetime since I last confessed

I threw my crutches in "The River of

a Shadow of Doubt"

I think that part of the song is one of the best moments on the entire album. His voice, and the bass, and the *clapping (if that's even what it is)...they just all go together so well. The lyrics are really good, as well. Lots of meaning with a little amount of words said...

Archived