East Jesus Nowhere

J'net

lol ever since i found out the whispering in the beginning is "dont test me" backwards, i always say it then (not backwards).

hmm...what to say, what to say....it's a good song. not my favorite but the message is there and the tune is infectious!

my favorite part is when they sing "oh bless me lord for i have sinned"

also, i have to laugh every time he says "ain't this uniform so flattering? i never asked you a God Damn thing!"

because he actually did just ask how he looked. also the irony of "god damn" in the song!

all in all, the track is a real hoot :lol:

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ agree with everything there but the message and that it is one of my favorites :P, I mean good message and all, but it is not what I like the most about the song.

I like this song a lot, and for some reason, it puts me on ''Bitch Mode" :lol:

What isn't there to love about this song? The message is fantastic. The music itself is phenomenal. And this song is going to be SO much fun to sing along to at a GD concert.

I hated this song at first... not sure why but it didnt seem right to me. Now Its one of my favorites on the album.

"....will infiltrate the inside.....yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaah"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the man saying "Em egduj t'nod." in the beginning is just genius.

This song is my favourite(and little girl) in the album. I adore this song.Loved it since the first time I listened it.

Its lyrics and music and as a whole just fucking Epic. :wub:

"A fire burns today

Of blasphemy and genocide

The sirens of decay

Will infiltrate the faith fanatics"

must be my favourite chorus.

This has to be my favorite song off of 21st Century Breakdown!

This song actually came to mind today because I went to church with my mom, because I haven't gone in about two/three months, and we had a stand in pastor (Reverend) because our pastor is on vacation. The stand in did everything different, including the distribution of communion, it got to the point that everyone (including me) wasn't sure about going up to receive communion and when they did everyone looked a little awkward. Now that I look back at the service, A) it's kind of funny and B) I don't think I'm going back until the regular Pastor (with seven kids) comes back.

Also there were times that I didn't know what to believe in because in my lifetime, so far, I had gone through too many hardships to count. Recently a friend of mine told me not to give up and try to rebuild my faith. And that is what I'm trying to do.

sorry if it's a little long

This has to be my favorite song off of 21st Century Breakdown!

This song actually came to mind today because I went to church with my mom, because I haven't gone in about two/three months, and we had a stand in pastor (Reverend) because our pastor is on vacation. The stand in did everything different, including the distribution of communion, it got to the point that everyone (including me) wasn't sure about going up to receive communion and when they did everyone looked a little awkward. Now that I look back at the service, A) it's kind of funny and B) I don't think I'm going back until the regular Pastor (with seven kids) comes back.

Also there were times that I didn't know what to believe in because in my lifetime, so far, I had gone through too many hardships to count. Recently a friend of mine told me not to give up and try to rebuild my faith. And that is what I'm trying to do.

sorry if it's a little long

I know I should not be laughing, but I did.

Sorry, but it was so funny how you said, the B.) part. :)

And yeah, this is one of my favorite songs on the album.

somehow makes me all wired up.

When i heard this song backwards (Yeah, i play songs backwards, big woop wanna fight about it?) and heard the "Don't Test Me" it scared the s*** out of me! I loved this song when i first heard it and still do! The lyrics are just so powerful! and i also think about that "Christian review" of this album and i laugh at it.

I love this song, the music, lyrics, structure, the different parts, all of it. :D

Me too. And - the way he sings it - the message (though it could be a different message, and I'd still love it). This is an amazing song. And to think that it's followed by Peacemaker - another of my favorites. It's almost too much goodness in one place!

I didn't know it was inspired by Religulous. I love that documentary. I have it saved on my computer and I creepily sit alone and watch it :ninja: lol

This is one of my favorite songs on the album, but anyone loves anything that backs up their ideas as this song does. But, even so, its a great song on its own, meaning of the lyrics taken away. Even my friend, who is pretty religious, loves this song. Its her favorite on the album.

Me too. And - the way he sings it - the message (though it could be a different message, and I'd still love it). This is an amazing song. And to think that it's followed by Peacemaker - another of my favorites. It's almost too much goodness in one place!

I know! The way he sings this song is just incredible, specially the part where he goes "Oh bless me Lord for I have sinned..." Geez, incredible, but i love everything about this song. Can't stop listening to it. :cool:

This song gets me pumped everytime. It's a song that I just have to blast in my car (or into my ears somehow). I love the music to it, and I also think the lyrics have a great message.

I love the intro riff in this song i didnt like it at first but its my second favourite off the album.

A few weeks ago I thought that this was the worst song on the album, but after learning to play it on the guitar and hearing it a heap more times I really like it. Hope its a single.

Love the fact that this song gets me moving, and it pushes me to think in a different way, not just about religion, about everything that supposed to be something strong, that you can believe in, but is like religion, sometimes something you never thought it would be.

One of the best songs in the album,IMO..

I adore the part where Billie Joe is whispering:

Don't test me

Second guess me

Protest me

You will disappear

I love listening to this on the way to church. xD

the beat/melody to this song makes me shake my booty lol

I can't help it :lol:

the second verse+bridge is my favorite (oh bless me lord...)

the way he sings it

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hmm, March Of The Dogs would have been a decent title, too. I'm glad they went with EJN though, it's more descriptive of the song. As a compromise, though, they could have done East Jesus Nowhere (March Of The Dogs).

I love EJN, probably my favorite or at the very least one of my favorites on the album. I'm an Atheist, and the hypocrisy of religion disgusts me. I always like to see others stand up and call it for what it is. The way Billie sings the lyrics is just right, and the music behind it is the perfect mixture of power and fury.

"Raise your hands now to testify

Your confession will be crucified

You're a sacrificial suicide

Like a dog that's been sodomized"

"Oh bless me lord for I have sinned"

"Say a prayer for the family

Drop a coin for humanity

Ain't this uniform so flattering?

I never asked you a God damned thing"

Those lines/verses always get me.

Like a dog that's been sodomized"

I just don't understand this line

it's gross and sad and just wtf

I just don't understand this line

it's gross and sad and just wtf

It is gross and sad, but that's the point. It's like saying that confession and religion doesn't mean anything, you just become a "sacrificial suicide" that's lost all power and dignity (sodomizing is the ultimate act of rape and control and it strips the victim of everything). And dogs are blindly loyal to humans, man's best friends, so they used dogs to compare it to people who blindly follow religion and put their faith in it, like dogs put their faith in us to care for them.

I loooooooooove this song!

It was the only song I listened before having the new album in my hands (well, with 21st cb and KYE), and I directly fell in love with! The 1st night I put it on my Ipod, I've listened to it like 40 times.

It is gross and sad, but that's the point. It's like saying that confession and religion doesn't mean anything, you just become a "sacrificial suicide" that's lost all power and dignity (sodomizing is the ultimate act of rape and control and it strips the victim of everything). And dogs are blindly loyal to humans, man's best friends, so they used dogs to compare it to people who blindly follow religion and put their faith in it, like dogs put their faith in us to care for them.

oh youre good

Archived