East Jesus Nowhere

J'net

This song (single) is slowly gaining popularity in the US believe it or not. It has been creeping up the Billboard Chart and has been getting a lot of plays on the radio according to the Nielsen BDS Charts. I can't wait for it to take off!

And it is also getting pretty big in Canada

I think it's better than 21st Century Breakdown, but we have the better video. :P

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody know at the very beginning where it sounds like a radio being tuned, there is a very short clip of a song. It sounds like "the lights". Does anybody know what song that is?

your right. It does sound like that that playing it over 100 times then playing that part in nice guys finish last 100 times.

I Love love love love this song!!!!!!!!!! ^^

I've fallen even more in love with this song after seeing it live.

omg me too...

:wub:

This is officially my favorite song of the record.

And it's good to play live!

I pretty much agree with the message it brings.

<3

I feel so badass listening to this song!

I love to jump on my bed and air-guitar like the eternal teenie I am!

This song (single) is slowly gaining popularity in the US believe it or not. It has been creeping up the Billboard Chart and has been getting a lot of plays on the radio according to the Nielsen BDS Charts. I can't wait for it to take off!

And it is also getting pretty big in Canada

It's on the chart!? :o

I was just thinking about how a lot of people on this forum from a lot of different places complained about it being censored. It's a single on the modern rock station here and they don't censor it at all. And they play it a few times a day, at least. :D

It's on the chart!? :o

Yeah, it has peaked at #17 on the Bb Alternative Chart, at #24 on the Bb Rock Chart and at #40 on the Canadian airplay chart. It also charted in the Canadian Hot 100, peaking at #71. At the moment is at #138 on the US airplay chart.

I was just thinking about how a lot of people on this forum from a lot of different places complained about it being censored. It's a single on the modern rock station here and they don't censor it at all. And they play it a few times a day, at least. :D

I've never heard it on the radio (which is why I hate our stations), but I've heard it on the DMX music service from our digital cable a few times, and they haven't censored it either, which I love :D

Yet, when MTV airs the VMA performance (I've never see the 'official' video on TV), they censor it, even when they air it in the middle of the night. :huh:

Yeah it isn't censored at all on the stations around here. They play the album version (with the talking stuff in the beginning)

• 3 weeks later...

GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!surely my favourite.......I love this song and I hate all this religion thing so I couldn't like this song more..

Omg! I Love East Jesus Nowhere!!!

It took me awhile to figure out which song I liked the most off of 21st Century Breakdown...but now i know its East Jesus Nowhere!!! :D

The song rulez!!!!

I found a reference to East Jesus Nowhere earlier than "Juno". Barbara Kingsolver used the term in her novel "The Bean Trees". It's a good read. (I'm home for an extended time with 3 feet of snow outside. Good thing I got to the library earlier in the week...) The lead character says "I'm just a hillbilly from East Jesus Nowhere". I know Billie got it from Juno, but Juno got it from Barbara Kingsolver. It may be a general term for the middle of nowhere, the boondocks, etc.

I found a reference to East Jesus Nowhere earlier than "Juno". Barbara Kingsolver used the term in her novel "The Bean Trees". It's a good read. (I'm home for an extended time with 3 feet of snow outside. Good thing I got to the library earlier in the week...) The lead character says "I'm just a hillbilly from East Jesus Nowhere". I know Billie got it from Juno, but Juno got it from Barbara Kingsolver. It may be a general term for the middle of nowhere, the boondocks, etc.

Billie got the name from Juno.

It was originally called March of the Dogs.

Billie got the name from Juno.

Yeah she knows, thats why she said "I know Billie got it from Juno, but Juno got it from Barbara Kingsolver." :thumbsup:

I'm totally in love with the sound of this song *-*

I think it's so far my favourit of the 21st Century Breakdown.

But I haven't listen to it so much yet so we'll see.

But I can tell that the sound of this song is amazing.

Archived