East Jesus Nowhere

J'net

Originally named March of the Dogs, Billie says,

"It’s inspired by Bill Maher’s [documentary] Religulous. It’s about the hypocrisy of religion. I think any good Christian would have some doubts about religion.

This is definitely a floor-shaker when performed live.

What are your thoughts about EJN?

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heart EJN.

It's catchy, and the lyrics mean something...ahhh..I just love it!

This song is growing on me all the time. Some clever lyrics in there and its very playful controversy from Billie Joe.

I think it will definitely be a single.

Some review compared this to Marilyn Manson. I can definitely hear 'The Beautiful People' in there!

I like this song, and I hope that it will be a single. It certainly would have a great video to go with it!

This is definatly my favorite song on the new album. Definatly some witty lyricism going on.

It sounds like marilyn mansons disposable teens. Its one of the best songs of the album. It makes me want to jump.

This is a kick ass live song. 'Don't test me (...)' part gives me thrills everytime I listen to it. And as much as I love Billie letting the crowd sing some parts of (any) song I'd rather hear him to say that part. It's even more shiver-causing live :)

So overrated IMO, I think people like the message more than the song themselves, which is lame

I just love this song! I love the attack on religion simply cause it's how I feel about it as well...that's what I love about Green Day...they can reflect my thoughts :P And the way the melody plays off of the instuments...I think it's genious!

The message in this song is really great. It's amazing live!

I love this song, the music, lyrics, structure, the different parts, all of it. :D

One of my favourites. The first time I heard it, I thought it definitely reminded me of Marilyn Manson. I think the lyrics are very clever and well thought out and I am really looking forward to seeing it performed live. My favourite bit is the "Don't test me" bit I think.

This song is incredible. It definitely stands out on the record.

It's really fun, too! :happy:

I truly hope that will be the next single of this album!!! I love it!!!!! :wub::wub:

"gimme gimme revolution!"

Love screaming Billie.

Isn't this part in Know Your Enemy???

I truly hope that will be the next single of this album!!! I love it!!!!! :wub::wub:

Isn't this part in Know Your Enemy???

Correct.

and this song is just amazing

I love this song. Its one of my favorites on the album. I can't wait to hear it live. :)

So overrated IMO, I think people like the message more than the song themselves, which is lame

You are incorrect. :ermm:

"gimme gimme revolution!"

Love screaming Billie.

I never heard that part of this song....are you holding something out from the rest of us?

just amazing. so exciting to hear and listen to live. and playing it on guitar is quite an experience too :D

Archived