Sean Hughes?

iHasan

On the wikipedia article of GD,under Former Members there's a name "Sean Hughes".Who is he?

I guess he was the drummer before Tre and after John

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i saw that too and i was like 'who?'

but on one of the band member pages on wiki (Mike i think), it said that in 1987, Sweet Children used to be a 4-member group. Billie on vocals and guitar, Mike on guitar, Sean on bass and John on drums. he left the band in '88 and Mike took the possition at bass

i saw that too and i was like 'who?'

but on one of the band member pages on wiki (Mike i think), it said that in 1987, Sweet Children used to be a 4-member group. Billie on vocals and guitar, Mike on guitar, Sean on bass and John on drums. he left the band in '88 and Mike took the possition at bass

Well it just says that he and BJ formed Sweet Children together in 87. Maybe Sean Hughes i just one of those things people just put up there that isnt true?

I thought Sean used to play bass when Mike was playing guitar. and then they sort of kicked him out when Mike got into the bass guitar.

Or that could be a totally different band altogether :lol:

Sean Hughes is a childhood friend of Billie from Rodeo. He played the bass in Sweet Children until Mike took over (Mike originally played rhythm guitar with Billie being the lead guitarist). As far as I can remember he appears in the Behind The Music documentary. Or maybe it was Driven.

To this day he remains a good friend to the guys who at some point mentioned that they attended Sean's Halloween party in Rodeo, I think back in 2003 (??).

Well it just says that he and BJ formed Sweet Children together in 87. Maybe Sean Hughes i just one of those things people just put up there that isnt true?

i've always thought that Billie and Mike formed Sweet Children. this is the first i've heard of this Sean Hudges guy

i've always thought that Billie and Mike formed Sweet Children. this is the first i've heard of this Sean Hudges guy

Well, you learn something new every day. :D

Sean Hughes is a childhood friend of Billie from Rodeo. He played the bass in Sweet Children until Mike took over (Mike originally played rhythm guitar with Billie being the lead guitarist). As far as I can remember he appears in the Behind The Music documentary. Or maybe it was Driven.

To this day he remains a good friend to the guys who at some point mentioned that they attended Sean's Halloween party in Rodeo, I think back in 2003 (??).

Thanks for paraphrasing my explanation!

:wink:

Wasn't Sean Hughs one of the friends Billie mentions during the Warfield Secret Gig?

Billie tells the story about Mike doing acid in the parking lot or something like that.

I think it's before they start playing Give Me Novacaine.

... you find it out on the VH1 "Driven" program about Green day

So apparantly he played bass before Mike did.. Why didn't I know that? :lol: lol.

I always thought BJ and Mike formed Sweet Children at first, BJ singing and playing guitar, and teaching Mike how to play bass, so that Mike played bass! Oh well.

So apparantly he played bass before Mike did.. Why didn't I know that? :lol: lol.

becouse that was the 2 first band practises to green day/sweet children ^^?

becouse that was the 2 first band practises to green day/sweet children ^^?

Uhm, I guess. :)

On the wikipedia article of GD,under Former Members there's a name "Sean Hughes".Who is he?

I guess he was the drummer before Tre and after John

Right!!!!! I saw that i wondered who that was!!THANKS :D

I mentioned Sean Hughes in Billie's wiki page. (it wouldn't let me edit Green Day's page).

I saw it in the documentary called 'Driven', Sean Hughes himself explains it; basically in the beginning (1987) Sean was onh bass, some other, unnamed, guy was on drums, and bill and mike were on guitar.

then i think John Kiffmeyer joined in 1988, when mike moved to Bass and they became a 3-piece. Tre joined late 1990 (oct/nov time). There were a few drummers kinda 'on trial' between John and Tre (one of them being Dave. E.C. - incidentally, does anyone know what E. C. stands for?)

So in fact green day/sweet children has had at least 3/4 drummers in their career.

I mentioned Sean Hughes in Billie's wiki page. (it wouldn't let me edit Green Day's page).

I saw it in the documentary called 'Driven', Sean Hughes himself explains it; basically in the beginning (1987) Sean was onh bass, some other, unnamed, guy was on drums, and bill and mike were on guitar.

then i think John Kiffmeyer joined in 1988, when mike moved to Bass and they became a 3-piece. Tre joined late 1990 (oct/nov time). There were a few drummers kinda 'on trial' between John and Tre (one of them being Dave. E.C. - incidentally, does anyone know what E. C. stands for?)

So in fact green day/sweet children has had at least 3/4 drummers in their career.

i heard they had 1, and he played.. 1 or 2 concerts.

and mike moved to bass awhile before John joined.

As mentioned, Sean played bass when Sweet Children first started up. Unknown was on drums, Mike on rhythm guitar and Billie on lead. Sean was also the lead singer, as Billie Joe felt he was more of a guitarist, rather than a singer. Sean left after only days of being a 4-piece when he came to band practice and Mike was goofing around on bass, and he noticed Mike being the better of the two.

billies stepsister said they where both lead..... meh, details..

Sean played bass breifly back when Mike played guitar.

He's in some Green Day documentary...I think its the Rise and Rise of...

Which I think is possibly called different names in different countries.

Seems like a nice dude.

Wasn't there some dude called something like Raj Punjab (Okay, name might be off abit) who played drums briefly back when Sean was in the band too?

wont call it a band ^^

they where just joking around with the instuments singing "i hate school" in a way that sounded like tre would do after hes finished at a 3 year long orgy, drunk'd...

Archived