I just received/dowloaded/bought my copy of 21st CB

Marie_GD

^ You must have a very nice mother then :lol: My mother'd never do that, I have to buy it myself :P

Oh! My mother knows how much I love GD, and she even likes them, so I guess it helps!

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
peacemaker and ?viva la gloria? remind me of misery.

yeah!

and Christian's Inferno sounds a lot like The Network, except the refrain

I wish Christians Inferno sounded like the verses mores so than the chorus. I don't like the chorus.

christians inferno really reminds me of something. i just can't think what it is.

Still havent got it! Had an exam yesterday so wasn't able to go do some shopping. I'll get it today :D

i just saw that amazon has an exclusive special edition including burnout live.

does anyone have this edition? and when was burnout recorded?

never heard of that. i remember they played burnout at the dna lounge show in the beginning of april, but i don't think that was recorded, so we've probably seen it before.

Burnout? :o

That's awesome..

I wish Christians Inferno sounded like the verses mores so than the chorus. I don't like the chorus.

I love the chorus! it's great

i picked up my copy yesterday. i wasn't as overwhelmed as i was when american idiot came out. might be i had such high expectations.

a song like "viva la gloria!" i don't like at all, but while i'm typing this, the lp is rotating and growing on me.

Oh... .but still, I'm sure it will leak on LimeWire or torrents.

i hope so.

the burnout recording sounds very familar to me.

i think i already heard it somewhere but i'm not sure.

i hope so.

the burnout recording sounds very familar to me.

i think i already heard it somewhere but i'm not sure.

yeah, it sounds new, but still has something from Dookie days.

I Bought the 21th century breakdown today!!!! It's awesome!!! I love it!!

Viva la Gloriaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Amazing song!!! :D

I got the Target Exclusive version yesterday (the one with the 6 live songs from Japan), and I just listened through the whole thing this morning. This album was well worth the 5 year wait. Every song on this album is awesome in one way or another.

I like it a lot, 21 Guns is brilliant :D

I like it too .... Also The Static Age rule :D

What a horrible tracklisting on that Target CD. Waste of an extra four bucks.

I bought the special edition at Target also. I wish I would have just bought the regular new cd because I'm afraid the bonus cd might make me lose focus on the new album, but oh well. Right now I'm only listening to 21st Century Breakdown :) and nothing else from the past.

Last night I ripped it to my iPod. I had not heard act II yet (I was still listening the first way through.)

There was this big thunderstorm coming through, so I turned all the lights off except the TV, which was on mute.

I went into the bedroom and lay and stared at the ceiling, which is what I like to do when listening to something the first time. Cranked up the iPod, and hit play.

The effect of the lightening, plus the constant flickering of the TV was practically like Bombs going off, or fire flickering.

It was fucking amazing to lay there, and listen to this album, which as so many others have said, put me through pretty much every emotion I had, while these giant flashes of light and flickers were occuring.

That was a memory I will never forget.

Been listening to East Jesus Nowhere a LOT. I love that song. It's one of the best songs on the album, in my opinion.

Been listening to East Jesus Nowhere a LOT. I love that song. It's one of the best songs on the album, in my opinion.

I agree. I was listening to that one on repeat a few times this monring.

I really love "After the Lobotomy" though. I think it is going to be one of my very favorites.

"21Guns" is really great too. I am loving "Last of the American Girls", "Mass Hysteria", "Last Night on Earth" of course "Song of the Century" and "21st Century Breakdown"...

"Viva La GLoria" as it is beautiful, but these lines

"Hey Gloria

are you standing on the edge

lookout to the setting sun

the brink of your vision

The eternal youth

a landscape of the lie

The cracks of my skin can prove

as the years will testify..."

really got to me for some reason. Maybe because I can relate somehow. Beautiful stuff.

Wow I think I listed every song.

I hardly ever say this but there is not a bad song on this CD. Every single one is fantastic.

I bought the deluxe edition yesturday. I didn't really feel it was worth the £11 extra, but oh well.

Loving East Jesus Nowhere and American Eulogy so far :)

Horseshoes and Handgrenades totally reminds me of the Foxboro's!

I love Static Age. It reminds me very slightly of Church On Sunday, which is funny to me because my sister and I always used to say how cool Church On Sunday would be if it had a key change at the end :D. Well now it has finally come true with Static Age - awesome!

Bought myself 21stCB yesterday before work and just finished listening to it this morning. I had the lyrics out in front of me and read along, and it is nothing like Dookie, but reminds me a little bit of American Idiot, its just not as gritty or angst as AI was.

Also, its a great album, I'd give it that much. But its slow, and the tracks all seem to have the same tune, the same image and that got a bit tedious as the album went on and on.

But other than that, I loved the songs: 21st Century Breakdown, Know Your Enemy, East Jesus Nowhere, Peacemaker, and 21 Guns but for now that's it. I guess I should re-listen to the album without staring down at the lyrics.

21stCB is more mature than AI, and doesn't sound that punk. It sounds like a slow collections of songs of this century, how low things are for the economy, and going against the enemies and fluffed-up religion that so many blind people believe in. And yes, I'm stating the obvious.

I suppose Green Day will never be the same ever again,

they have fully come-around-full-circle from AI

and left the Dookie days

fully behind.

Archived