I just received/dowloaded/bought my copy of 21st CB

Marie_GD

i bought mine at FYE and i was the first one there when it opened =] i got the poster that came with it and its hanging in my room now

i really enjoyed this CD, it was pretty much what i expected it to be, heres my play by play

song of the century/21st century breakdown- 10/10 great way to start the album, this version just expands on the demo and its pretty damn epic.

know your enemy- 7/10 bleh. i like it and all its just repetative.

viva la gloria!- 10/10 my favorite on the whole cd, pure awesomeness. i was utterly blown away

before the lobotomy- 9/10 i really like the beggining and end alot, the middle is cool too though

christians inferno- 8/10 for some reason i find it weird that billie joe said this was the most hateful song hes ever written, i think platypus, fod, take back, and pretty much all of Insomniac have more hate than this song. but i definitely like the pissed off network vibe. the song is better than i thought it would be

last night on earth- 10/10 beatiful. simply beautiful, everything i expected it to be

east jesus nowhere- 9/10 better than i expected, this song is really badass and has a strong point. oh and is it just me or does the chorus kind of remind you of that song "dark side of the night" by FHT?

peacemaker- 10/10 i LOVED this one. i love the marichi-latino vibe and everything. in a way this reminded me of misery, except instead of standing out terribly, it fits perfectly.

last of the american girls- 8/10, catchy! the first time i heard it i didnt like it but its growing on me quickly

murder city- 10/10 i couldnt stop listening to the live version of this song. & this version is equally epic! definitely one of my faves.

viva la gloria (little girl)- 6/10 i dont really like this one. i think itll grow on me though.

restless heart syndrome- 10/10 simply amazing. this is pretty different for green day. 2nd favorite on the album

horseshoes & hand grenades- 7/10 i really like the lyrics but the music reminds me too much of pieces of truth by FHT. itll probably grow on me

static age- 7/10 idk about this one, its not bad but its not my favorite

21 guns- 7/10 i feel like ive heard this song a thousand times. i mean, obviously i havent but i feel like its kind of chiche.

american eulogy- 9/10 EPICCCC. i like this one alot, especially mike, he OWNS this song.

see the light- 5/10 my least favorite on the album, and for a closing track, it was really dissappointing. idk though.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
east jesus nowhere- 9/10 better than i expected, this song is really badass and has a strong point. oh and is it just me or does the chorus kind of remind you of that song "dark side of the night" by FHT?

THATS what it sounds like, I was trying to figure out which FBHT song is sounded like!

I am absolutely loving this album. I haven't had much of a chance to listen to it properly yet - I still haven't heard Christian's Inferno - but i can safely say that the album didn't disappoint. Strong points so far are Viva La Gloria (Little Girl), Peacemaker and 21 Guns, but I honestly love all of them.

I need to listen to it more for it to sink in properly, I definitely feel like you need to take your time with it.

I was supposed to get it today!!!!! AHHHHHH! But I got ISS (in school suspension), so my parents wont take me today they are makeing me wait until tommorow just to kill me inside :(. Haha the thing is they arent even made though, they though it was funny why i got iss... I was being a "smart ass". But they still wont take me!

I have so many thoughts and feelings about this thing that I really can't make sense of them properly yet! But right now the three songs I'm loving the most are Christian's Inferno, Last Night On Earth, and East Jesus Nowhere. They're next to each other too, a delicious sandwich :D

And also ?Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl), Static Age, and the pure awesomeness that is Peacemaker. The whole fucking thing in fact.

Oh my god when I first heard Christian's Inferno it put a huge smile on my face. The way they have the audacity to put those totally different verses and chorus together, and then that fabulous evil laugh (when Billie said it was diabolic he wasn't kidding!) - just wonderful. Fink lives!!!

So did anyone get the version with from itunes with the 4 bonus songs?? How do those sound???

had tp put it the album away for an hour!!! 'stepdad' came home and forced me. but he left again i immediatly put it back on! :devil: now listening to !viva la gloria!

I'm sort of sad I wasn't a 21st Century Breakdown virgin when I heard it today. I'm sure it would have been even greater to listen to it for the first time today after waiting for so long. But I have to say, those of you who were waiting, you are very very strong.

I GOT IT! At Best Buy, it came out to $28 something with taxes. I totally forgot to ask for the poster, but I don't think they had it anyways. I'm still soooooo excited.

I GOT IT! At Best Buy, it came out to $28 something with taxes. I totally forgot to ask for the poster, but I don't think they had it anyways. I'm still soooooo excited.

Whoa. How many copies did you get? I got the limited edition (sold only at best buy) - for $16.99. I also got a regular edition with it as well. Is that why it cost you $28?

hmm.. i got mine at best buy and it only cost me $18 something including taxes. guess depends on where u are. but u would think they would be the same

hmm.. i got mine at best buy and it only cost me $18 something including taxes. guess depends on where u are. but u would think they would be the same

That's why I asked him. Because, it should be $16.99 at all Best Buys - shouldn't be regional. It was a store wide sale. Go look at their web site. If he/she paid that much for just the limited by itself, they ripped em off. :(

EDIT: She lives in Canada. Nevermind, I thought she was US. So maybe they didn't offer that sale to Canada? That is messed.

I wont be getting my copy til tuesday

yay amazon?

Whoa. How many copies did you get? I got the limited edition (sold only at best buy) - for $16.99. I also got a regular edition with it as well. Is that why it cost you $28?

Canada is more expensive

That's why I asked him. Because, it should be $16.99 at all Best Buys - shouldn't be regional. It was a store wide sale. Go look at their web site. If he/she paid that much for just the limited by itself, they ripped em off. :(

EDIT: She lives in Canada. Nevermind, I thought she was US. So maybe they didn't offer that sale to Canada? That is messed.

thats what they tried with me. on the ad it said the booklet with the cd free (or the other way around), but they thought that the cd came seperate and tried to sell me the reg. cd, and then the booklet, though the booklet has the cd hidden in a slot. they didnt know what they were doing obviosly

oh, well i started typing before u edited

I gotta say, though, I still think I like AI much better. I just do. I dont know why, seeing as 21CB is *incredible*, but I cant seem to get into it as fast as I fell for AI. It'll grow on me, I know it, and this time tomorrow I'll be raving about it. :happy:

I LOVED how Christian's Inferno was all Network-y!!! That was fucking *it*. I smiled to myself when I heard it.

Does anyone else not like the title song? I dont know. I dont like it yet. xD Oh well. I think I'm overwhelmed right now.

I've had Song of the Century stuck in my head for hours, I've been humming and whistling it all day. =P

im listening to 2 green day songs at once! Jesus of Suberbia on fuse :bunny: , and christians inferno on my stereo :banana:

The artwork in the Best Buy version is amazing.

indeed :sherlock:

im listening to 2 green day songs at once! Jesus of Suberbia on fuse :bunny: , and christians inferno on my stereo :banana:

indeed :sherlock:

JOS could kick Christian's ass any day.

Just felt like saying that.

That is all. :blush:

JOS could kick Christian's ass any day.

Just felt like saying that.

That is all. :blush:

hmm.. i dont know... im gonna start a poll about ,that hold on

hmm.. i dont know... im gonna start a poll about ,that hold on

:lol:

Great idea.

Does anyone else not like the title song? I dont know. I dont like it yet. xD Oh well. I think I'm overwhelmed right now.

I like it but it's not one of my favourites on there. I'm finding it easier to pick out least favourites because there's so many contenders for most favourite :D

And I have to say the same for 21 Guns. I really do love all the songs, but having heard the rest of the amazingness 21 Guns would be pretty far down my list, it almost surprises me how popular it is. Not to take away from it by any means because I like it a lot, but my god there's some damn fine songs on this CD!

I like it but it's not one of my favourites on there. I'm finding it easier to pick out least favourites because there's so many contenders for most favourite :D

And I have to say the same for 21 Guns. I really do love all the songs, but having heard the rest of the amazingness 21 Guns would be pretty far down my list, it almost surprises me how popular it is. Not to take away from it by any means because I like it a lot, but my god there's some damn fine songs on this CD!

21 Guns is still really high on my list, along with the second Viva La Gloria, Peacemaker, and Restless Heart Syndrome. I will love 21 Guns the most forever. :wub: I cant help it.

Archived