I just received/dowloaded/bought my copy of 21st CB

Marie_GD

I got mine delivered at about 10am, my Dad texted me to tell me the news because I was at school. I've already loaded it onto my itunes and i'm listening to it over and over again! :lol:

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing!! Keeps getting better and better. Downloaded it (a while ago) but it is fucking great :)

Nooooooooo.don't disturb my soul with this topic!!!!Can't get the album till june!*(hope till june!!!!!!)

I just said this in the ''what made you smile today?'' thread but....

It's going into my ITunes right now!

I just finished listening to the entire album. I got the Target special edition with 6 live songs from Japan. The new album is AMAZING, BRILLIANT :) , I think it's better than American Idiot. I'm still trying to process it, well worth the wait!

I'm the idiot who promised myself I wouldn't listen to it until I received my pre-ordered copy in the mail. It shipped monday according to my email and I have yet to receive it.

Screw college mailing systems. They probably have it sitting in their stupid little box but are too lazy to put it in my mail box.

I'm about to head out and buy my own copy, I can't take this anymore.

21st Century Breakdown is by far the best album I've ever heard.

Green Day blew me away more than ever with this album. I love all that piano, orchestral, and acoustic guitar work. The lyrics are amazing, and the songs are so varied. I'm in love.

Peacemaker is absolutely badass.

Nooooooooo.don't disturb my soul with this topic!!!!Can't get the album till june!*(hope till june!!!!!!)

June :o

How are you going to survive?

I just finished hearing both the album and the bonus live CD, and they're both amazing. I'm really glad I waited until after I actually bought the CD to listen to anything from the album. It was totally worth the wait.

21st CENTURY BREAKDOWN has sold over 13 500 copies in 10 hours. It came to stores at midnight, at it sold golden record in 10 hours here ! =)

21st CENTURY BREAKDOWN has sold over 13 500 copies in 10 hours. It came to stores at midnight, at it sold golden record in 10 hours here ! =)

That's awesome. Where do you know it from?

bought mine today while we had school :D

love it!

also pre-ordered one but wasn't able to wait any longer ....

21st Century Breakdown is on 2nd on iTunes in Germany.... they'll sure as hell will be 1st tomorrow ;)

I just listened to the whole album, with only two quick pauses because my dad came in my room.

I'm still spinning.

It's so hard to believe that this is what I've been waiting four and a half years for. I'm not in the least bit disappointed. Right now I'm listening to it for the second time on iTunes.

I even heard it for the first time on the same Sony Walkman that I listened to American Idiot over and over on when I first got it back in 2005.

So I woke up at 10:30 with a fever...I was insanely sick all day yesterday, and whatever it is I have (the swine flu!?!?!) decided to stick around for today too. But no fever or force in this world could have stopped me from going out and buying the album. :lol: I bought the Limited Edition version with the 52 page booklet from Best Buy. I think I'll also buy the regular edition one of these days.

!Viva La Gloria! is my favorite song off of the album...that one really stuck out from the rest to me. I like The Static Age a lot too, it reminds me of Church On Sunday. Oh and 21 Guns is another one of my favorites - the chorus seemed kind of strange to me at first, but it's growing on me.

The album is making me so nostalgic for the whole "American Idiot Era" of my life. That album got me through high school, and brings back so many memories. 21st Century Breakdown reminds me a lot of American Idiot, almost an American Idiot Part II?, but is also so much different. It's refreshing too.

Now to listen to it on repeat for the next month....

Awww why not??

13,500 in 10 hours? WOW.

Anyway, got mine today.

Listening to it now. AWESOME.

How can you wait till June? :o

I couldn't wait a day or two for my physical CD to show up, so I had to buy it from iTunes :lol:

I just downloaded it two minutes ago off my Zune software. Though my downloaded copy is legit, I plan on buying an actual copy of it either tonight or tomorrow.

ok so i don't really know where to talk about this and i don't tihnk i need to make a thread for it either but...

anyone remember the song "Drama Queen" mentioned on the Qmagazine article of 21CB?

what happened to it? anyone know? or am i just late or missing something?

i know it's offtopic but im not sure about making a thread about it......

Dear Green Day,

You may or may not have read my comments on the Green Day Community regarding my thoughts after listening to the leaked demo of 21st Century Breakdown (the words 'shit' and phrase 'utter cack' were definitely mentioned). Having bought and listened to the album, I take it all back. This is your greatest work by far, comprising the best elements of all your previous works, and then cranking it up some. I was a pompous little shit to have doubted you.

Sincerely,

FJ

:P

Fucking awesome.

I JUST got home with it, I dont know why I'm fucking around here, I'm OFF to have my special moment. :wub::woot:

Despearetly running around this morning before college trying to find a place that was open so I could buy it. Paid 7 pounds at Morrisons supermarket, for those who live in UK and dont have it yet, blasted it in my dads car whislt driving down the motorways, was awesome

Dear Green Day,

You may or may not have read my comments on the Green Day Community regarding my thoughts after listening to the leaked demo of 21st Century Breakdown (the words 'shit' and phrase 'utter cack' were definitely mentioned. Having bought and listened to the album, I take it all back. This is your greatest work by far, comprising the best elements of all your previous works, and then cranking it up some. I was a pompous little shit to have doubted you.

Sincerely,

FJ

:P

Fucking awesome.

wow. never thought it'd be THAAAAAAT good!

this makes me wanna buy it even more noww!!

aahh i need to find it in some shop here now!

I've got a normal copy and the one with the booklet. 31 quid from HMV, bargain. :thumbsup:

I'm not reviewing owt now, I've only listened once (Peacemaker twice) and we'll be here all night.

SO i got the pre order and didnt know if it would be delivered today but i was all excited and everything through college and i got home and it was there!

THE ALBUM IS AMAZING. i love the balads and the quirky whispering and screaming, it's fucking immmense. i know a lot of people could easily not like it but i fucking love it. :D

i got the special edition so ive got the booklet thing.

I already listened to it online, but I went to Best Buy to buy the one with the book at about 10 this morning. I was so excited in the store I could barely operate my wallet. Then when I got into my car and put it in, I may have shed a tear or two when 21st Century Breakdown started just because I was so excited and I hadn't heard it on decent speakers yet. So I am lame. but it was awesome.

Archived