American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

I could live with that. London isn't too far away :happy:

Doubt it would happen though..

Ah, London would be cool.

And extremely frustrating because it would be quite close and yet I still wouldn't be able allowed to go :lol:

Ah, London would be cool.

And extremely frustrating because it would be quite close and yet I still wouldn't be able allowed to go :lol:

Yeah :/

They should come to The Netherlands then! (NOT going to happen.) Like Carré or something..

Let's see what happens..

That's my mom's fav theater!

I'm definitely going! I get out of school in early May, although I may try to go to a preview over March Break! Maybe meet some GDCers!

the st. jimmy theater! how perfect! i am over the moon and will make it to this somehow. i hope we can coordinate some meet-ups!

I wonder how long they'll be staying there. If they're successful they'll probably be there a few months right? I keep asking my mom if I can get a passport and go (at first jokingly) but she actually sorta took it seriously and I think she's really considering it. :mellow: It'd be amazing if I actually could go.

Let's hope the show runs at least a year.

The St. James is huge... 1600 seats. As someone already mentioned in this thread, they will probably sell out for the first few months, and then will taper off, but hopefully, the show will have solid audiences for a long time to come. Fingers and toes crossed... B'way is not Berkeley... critics are going to be tougher (even if the NYT has given it its imprimatur) and the wider exposure is going to be interesting.

anyway, sorry, I think it's going to be around at least a year.

Main cast will probably be announced in a couple of days. Additional cast soon afterward. Ticket information after that. TPTB like to milk news out. :D

As far as it going elsewhere aka London, if they do decide to take that route it won't be until next year at the earliest and more than likely, not with the same cast. They usually sign a six month deal with the option to extend, most do extend. Anyone who gets a Tony nomination or win will probably get the first extension but they are also usually the first to leave as well; Johnny was the second cast main member to leave Spring Awakening, about a year after it opened on Broadway. FYI: The cut-off date for the Tony's is April 30th (IIRC) so the show just got under the wire.

Yeah :/

They should come to The Netherlands then! (NOT going to happen.) Like Carré or something..

Let's see what happens..

Ooh yeah that should totally happen.

But apart from that that is really unprobably anyway, the musical's all in English and I don't know too much about it, but I don't think there have been many all English musicals in the Netherlands.

But yay, this sure increases the chance on a DVD :D

But apart from that that is really unprobably anyway, the musical's all in English and I don't know too much about it, but I don't think there have been many all English musicals in the Netherlands.

It's all primarily the album being sung, with some text added, not that much. I think you'd be able to understand what was going on! :)

Oh, a DVD :D I hope so!

Yeah! Now I might have a chance at seeing it!

Now to convince my parents to take a road trip to New York City from New Hampshire :/

It's all primarily the album being sung, with some text added, not that much. I think you'd be able to understand what was going on! :)

Oh but I'm not worried about that, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to understand it, but it's more that to my knowledge it pretty much never occurs that there's an English musical, most musicals get translated and played by Dutch actors and all. I don't know too much about what musicals are being played, though, apart from the 'big musicals' (which are all in Dutch).

A friend of mine pointed out to me that this will be premiering on GREEN DAY: 420.

It didn't even occur to me until she pointed it out. hehe...

Wow, I'd totally kill to see this musical. Can't believe it made it to broadway. I'd say the lads are delighted :wub:

Aw, that's wonderful for the band and the cast and everyone involved - I wish it every success. :)

OMG OMG OMG OMG I AM SERIOUSLY DYING RIGHT NOW.

Now my two favorite things in the world will finally join forces: Green Day and Broadway.

And I will finally get to see it. My dreams have come true.

I just happen to be going down to the city in the spring.....

I could not be happier right now.

:woot: :woot: :woot:

On another note...don't know if this has been posted yet; it's a "preview trailer" of the musical.

ahhh, YAY! This just made my night :)

I have enough money for a trip up to NYC, I'm hoping i'll be able to go & meet up with everyone!

The only problem for me is if Green Day tours the US in the spring too :/ then I may have to skip this in order to have enough money for as many shows as possible.

Still, that's SUCH great news :D I hope it all goes well!

A friend of mine pointed out to me that this will be premiering on GREEN DAY: 420.

It didn't even occur to me until she pointed it out. hehe...

Ahahah :lol:

haha opening 4/20, its perfect!

anyways im so excited!!

ha ha i was so excited i didn't even realize.thats amazing :lol:

So will this be around in the summer? Because my friend and I are planning a trip to NY to see this. So I'm hoping it will!