American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Very nice, video. Glad to see you and Morgan in it, Justin!

Finally saw it, and as always, Vince made another great video. Love Andrew's commentaries.

Finally saw it, and as always, Vince made another great video. Love Andrew's commentaries.

vince rocks! he makes awesome stuff!!!

Nice video, nice to see things from a fan's perspective. :)

you could hear some of the music in the back ground eh?

xxoo

ITS NYC AUDITION DAY TODAY!

GOOD LUCK ALL!!

GOOD LUCK ALL!!

This isn't really related to the musical but I thought I'd post it here: http://domainnamewire.com/2009/11/24/green...om-domain-name/

well it is ...and its important!

thanks for posting

This isn't really related to the musical but I thought I'd post it here: http://domainnamewire.com/2009/11/24/green...om-domain-name/

well it is ...and its important!

thanks for posting

Thanks for posting that video - I spy Jordan in the beginning there. :) Good luck with auditions today! Can't wait to see this now more than ever!

Hey guys - I haven't posted here in forever, but with the transfer coming to Broadway and the shocking notice that they are in fact looking around at other actors to play St. Jimmy (I personally think Tony Vincent is one of the only cast members who would be VERY hard to replace, maybe even irreplaceable), and then I watched Adam Lambert's AMA performance (loved it, by the way) - I think he could maybe do the role at some point. He has the voice and the look. (He might be not be as super-skinny as Tony Vincent, but...)

Anyone else agree?

Hey guys - I haven't posted here in forever, but with the transfer coming to Broadway and the shocking notice that they are in fact looking around at other actors to play St. Jimmy (I personally think Tony Vincent is one of the only cast members who would be VERY hard to replace, maybe even irreplaceable), and then I watched Adam Lambert's AMA performance (loved it, by the way) - I think he could maybe do the role at some point. He has the voice and the look. (He might be not be as super-skinny as Tony Vincent, but...)

Anyone else agree?

I don't know - Tony is so incredible in this role. His understudy did a great job, but after seeing Tony, it was hard to watch someone else doing it. Also, I think there is some Actors' Equity rule that they have to audition for the major roles. I don't think that necessarily means that they're looking for someone else to play St. Jimmy. And, to fully answer your question, I've never seen Adam Lambert perform, so I don't know :).

Oh no, don't get me wrong. Tony Vincent is the one cast member I think they MUST keep, but if they stoop so low as to put a 'name' in the show - I think Lambert has the vocals to pull it off.

And I'm not sure about that rule... I think that leads to a lot of wasted time on the part of the casting directors, and wasted money from the producers. They often slide celebrities right into roles without auditioning lesser known actors for the same parts, I believe.

Oh no, don't get me wrong. Tony Vincent is the one cast member I think they MUST keep, but if they stoop so low as to put a 'name' in the show - I think Lambert has the vocals to pull it off.

And I'm not sure about that rule... I think that leads to a lot of wasted time on the part of the casting directors, and wasted money from the producers. They often slide celebrities right into roles without auditioning lesser known actors for the same parts, I believe.

Yeah, I agree that the rule seems to be there just to make people feel like fairness has been enforced ... hahahaha ... as if it ever could be! And, if they have someone superb in a role, why should they even consider replacing them just for the sake of fairness?

Equity is a union which means that there are all kinds of crazy rules!

And Lambert... I think he'd be too young against Gallagher's since St. Jimmie is Johnny's dark side. It would also be better to have an actor in there who can really bring out the nuance to that character, like Tony did. I have a feeling that Tony is going to be in the Broadway show, he's got to be! :)

GOOD LUCK ALL!!

Wait, they're getting a different cast for the showings in NY ? Seems strange.

I'd love for this to come the the UK but doubt that's ever going to happen :(

does any one have any recordings of them doing Time of your life and last of the american girls. they werent added till near the end

Anyone else agree?

it doesn't read like tony vincent is going anywhere but to broadway baby!

http://www.tonyvincent.com/news/index.php?...=Info1259547499

-ingrid

Edited by miss_ing

May I just say that the new recording of 21 Guns is DEVINE!

Interesting that there are two versions, one with the intro to Letterbomb at the end of the song, and one with out.

My only beef with the recording is that we don't get to hear John, Matt or Michael's solos, and instead hear Billie. I love ya Billie, but I was hoping to get hear them.

Guest Shangri-La
Have you guys seen this video yet, it's pretty cool, I think a member from the forum is in it

It's hosted by Billie's nephew.

no!! is there a link for this that works?

Guest Shangri-La
There is a new link for it. For some reason YouTube had some troubles the other day, and Vince had to repost the video, so the old link no longer works. The new link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35ZiG9dSq30

holy shit justin! i'm so ridiculously behind with this. i always knew you were the expert but had no idea you were interviewed!

i spy jordan, paulina, and morgan!

holy shit justin! i'm so ridiculously behind with this. i always knew you were the expert but had no idea you were interviewed!

i spy jordan, paulina, and morgan!

Lol yeah, Vince figured that with Andrew having seen it 13 times, and myself 10 times, we would be the perfect pair to narrate :wink: It was pretty fun too, watching him film Andrew (he's an awesome guy, anyone in the Bay Area still should go see him in Chorus Line).

Guest Shangri-La
Lol yeah, Vince figured that with Andrew having seen it 13 times, and myself 10 times, we would be the perfect pair to narrate :wink: It was pretty fun too, watching him film Andrew (he's an awesome guy, anyone in the Bay Area still should go see him in Chorus Line).

You saw it? He looks exactly like his mother. is Evan the son of David?

anywho. congrats! you are now a celebrity in the american idiot musical world.

You saw it? He looks exactly like his mother. is Evan the son of David?

He invited to me go see him on the Friday I was out there, but we had already bought tickets to go see Wicked in SF and couldn't. Vince saw it though, and said it was great.